Cambridge at Histon

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
CCFCPR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Cambridge at Histon

Post by CCFCPR » 14 Oct 2020, 14:35

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 19:45
Disgusting behaviour from one of their lot and a steward. There's a minute silence for a lad who took his own life.

Yet a pair of them lot thought it'd be good for a litter natter during the silence.

Just kicked off.
Afternoon all, hope you had a safe and uneventful journey home. You were all a credit to your club and a pleasure to welcome to Bridge Road.

Just after a description of the steward mentioned above and whereabouts in the ground it was so we can deal with it.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 14 Oct 2020, 15:45

CCFCPR wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 14:35
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
Disgusting behaviour from one of their lot and a steward. There's a minute silence for a lad who took his own life.

Yet a pair of them lot thought it'd be good for a litter natter during the silence.

Just kicked off.
Afternoon all, hope you had a safe and uneventful journey home. You were all a credit to your club and a pleasure to welcome to Bridge Road.

Just after a description of the steward mentioned above and whereabouts in the ground it was so we can deal with it.
Hi there
Not a real problem. The guy in question was, I think deaf, or had learning difficulties. Unfortunately your guy with a yellow vest selling draw tickets approached him just prior to start of the silence. He attempted to chat just as the ref blew up, and your guy tried several times to point to the centre circle, but he genuinely didn’t understand what was going on. It was in no way deliberate, but I can understand why some standing further away may think it was disrespectful, but we were within a few feet and can confirm the poor bloke just didn’t comprehend. All the best in the next round.

CCFCPR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CCFCPR » 14 Oct 2020, 15:56

Thank you for the clarification, the steward mentioned is in fact a raffle ticket seller. We have a registered deaf fan so I imagine these two worlds have collided at the wrong time.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Oct 2020, 16:18

old git wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 15:45
CCFCPR wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 14:35
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Just kicked off.

Hi there
Not a real problem. The guy in question was, I think deaf, or had learning difficulties. Unfortunately your guy with a yellow vest selling draw tickets approached him just prior to start of the silence. He attempted to chat just as the ref blew up, and your guy tried several times to point to the centre circle, but he genuinely didn’t understand what was going on. It was in no way deliberate, but I can understand why some standing further away may think it was disrespectful, but we were within a few feet and can confirm the poor bloke just didn’t comprehend. All the best in the next round.
Well, that's made me feel a bit shit for having a moan :-\

But thanks for clarifying.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 14 Oct 2020, 16:21

CCFCPR wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 15:56
Thank you for the clarification, the steward mentioned is in fact a raffle ticket seller. We have a registered deaf fan so I imagine these two worlds have collided at the wrong time.
Make sure that you share our praise with the bloke who proactively dealt with the little scurfs trying to cause some bother behind the goal in the second half too. Tall, fair haired bloke in his 40s-ish, I guess.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Oct 2020, 16:24

YeltzDoc wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 16:21
CCFCPR wrote:
Make sure that you share our praise with the bloke who proactively dealt with the little scurfs trying to cause some bother behind the goal in the second half too. Tall, fair haired bloke in his 40s-ish, I guess.
I didn't realise they'd been asked to move on! Excellent.

They were a funny lot. I heard JC give them some stick! It's always fun hearing him get involved!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Oct 2020, 16:35

Well thats really class of Cambridge to come on here to identify a potential problem. Very impressed. Not a representation of their one game wonders thats for sure.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Oct 2020, 16:41

drummyb wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 16:35
Well thats really class of Cambridge to come on here to identify a potential problem. Very impressed. Not a representation of their one game wonders thats for sure.
Sums up proper non-league.

CCFCPR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CCFCPR » 14 Oct 2020, 16:43

YeltzDoc wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 16:21
CCFCPR wrote:
40s! I’m 38.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 14 Oct 2020, 16:47

Hahahahaha. You must need to upgrade your floodlights!