Kidderminster Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kidderminster Updates

Post by DJ » 15 Sep 2020, 22:10

Pre-Season Friendly – Tuesday, 15th September 2020

Halesowen Town 2 Kidderminster Harriers 0

Halesowen ended their pre-season schedule with another encouraging and entertaining victory after striking two first half goals past National League North neighbours Kidderminster Harriers, writes DJ

In early play Rob Evans fired into the side-netting after neat play from Jack Holmes and Brendon Bunn cut out a right-wing cross from Kiddy’s Sam Austin.

The Yeltz took a 17th minute lead when dangerous Simeon Cobourne skipped down the left and his shot was helped home on the goal-line by Dan Westwood and a Kiddy defender. Cobourne continued to cause all sorts of problems for the visitors and he went close again when his 20 yard shot was saved. However, the resulting 23rd minute corner was played for Rob Evans to drill home the second goal from the edge of the penalty area. Cobourne struck another shot just wide after half an hour and was set up by Holmes to see yet another shot deflected for a corner.

Austin’s shot earned a corner for the Harriers just after the interval but it was lively Halesowen who continued to create good chances and a brilliant 49th minute run from Holmes ended with his cross cleared. Cobourne was brought down in the penalty area after 50 minutes as the visitors failed to handle the striker’s pace, but goalkeeper Tom Palmer dived to his right to keep out Ahmed Ali’s penalty kick. Palmer then made another superb double save to deny Holmes and Hawker and McKauley Manning’s shot looped over the bar for the first of three quick-fire Yeltz corners after an hour.

Amari Morgan-Smith went nearest to reducing the deficit when he nipped in between the Yeltz defence and goalkeeper Brendon Bunn after 77 minutes, but could then only find the side-netting from a wide angle. Halesowen defended their lead well in the final minutes and went close again in the 88th minute when Josh Hawker weaved through to chip over the bar.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Rob Evans (Joab Wheatly 75), McKauley Manning, Ahmed Ali, Paul McCone, George Forsyth, Jack Holmes (Robbie Bunn 57), Josh Hawker, Dan Westwood (Richard Gregory 82), Simeon Cobourne (Billy Shaw 67), Reece Hewitt.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Sep 2020, 22:12

andy wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 20:50
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 20:31
Complete night and day from what I saw Saturday. This has been an excellent half.

Kiddy have gone so far backwards since I last watched them at Aggborough.
I don't think it's anything like full strength though.
Even so, the intensity of the players was much better. Hopefully Saturday served as an early kick up the arse for the season, and the players focus. As, like last Tuesday, we played some wonderful football. First half, we were a joy to watch.

Holmes and Sim tore them to shreds. Can you imagine a front three of Holmes, Sim and Yates? That's some threat.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 15 Sep 2020, 22:30

No qualms from me tonight. Awesome football. The system worked a treat as well tonight and I suspect it’ll be the one we go with on Saturday. Couple of players in particular look on phenomenal form and we’ll do well to keep them until Xmas at this rate!

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 15 Sep 2020, 22:51

Thanks for the quick report. Sounds like the boys right back on it tonight.
Got to work Saturday again so lets hope we carry on the level of performance and also into the FA Cup next week when I caN WATCH AGAIN

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 16 Sep 2020, 08:18

Very pleasing performance last night but my words what has happened to Kiddy? Surely that wasn’t their main team, they looked a shadow of their former selves.

As mentioned a lot more intensity from us, with Holmes and Cobourne the obvious stand outs. Their pace was terrifying and looked a threat every time they went forward.

Another good run out in all but just want the season to start proper now after a strange start of playing friendlies inbetween competitive games. Roll on Saturday!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Sep 2020, 11:08

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Sep 2020, 11:30

Just watched them. Well, the days of Kim Casey, Mickey Tuohy and Ocker Davis are a long time ago aren't they?
For the yoofs on here, Google that lot. They scored the odd goal.

The turn inside from Jack on 6 mins, wow. Their left sided midfielder is still in the YeltzBar car park looking for him.

I hope we can keep him for a decent period, I suspect it won’t be long before he can augment his earnings from being Blackheath’s top Phineas and Ferb tribute act, with a full time pro contract.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Sep 2020, 13:24

YeltzDoc wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:30
Just watched them. Well, the days of Kim Casey, Mickey Tuohy and Ocker Davis are a long time ago aren't they?
For the yoofs on here, Google that lot. They scored the odd goal.
For them as don't - https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... ick-tuohy/

Ocker played briefly for us when he was about 58 and Mick was assistant manager for a bit.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Sep 2020, 16:23

I remember Mick as Assistant, a Sandwell teacher I think.
Did Ocker play for HTFC?

3/4 seasons ago Kiddy were one of the best non-league sides I’ve ever seen. Matty Gardiner was Assistant to John Eustace. They were eventually lured away to QPR by Steve MacLaren.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Sep 2020, 16:59

You're the man to know L3.

I'm sure-ish.