League null and void

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
El Seano
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: League null and void

Post by El Seano » 26 Mar 2020, 19:44

If it does end like this, it's a real shame but I imagine we're in a better position than most clubs to start all over again next season. I'm sure a lot of teams will struggle financially through loss of income from the remaining games, retaining players...

Top 4 teams in Germany are giving money to other teams in the top 2 divisions https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52052650.

Wonder if England 's top teams and players with money to burn could consider distributing some money into grassroots during these difficult times.

I'm sure combining a couple of day's wages from all Premiership players, for example, would get all non-league sides through this difficult time (and some).

El Seano
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by El Seano » 26 Mar 2020, 20:10

From FA site:

FA competitions

With the 2019-20 Emirates FA Cup, Women’s FA Cup, Buildbase FA Trophy and Buildbase FA Vase all at advanced stages, we are reviewing all options as we seek to complete these competitions whenever it is safe and appropriate to do so. Clubs involved are close to reaching a major final and for those clubs and supporters we will do all we can to keep the Wembley dream alive.

In respect of The FA Youth Cup, The FA County Youth Cup, The FA Sunday Cup and The FA Inter-League Cup, we are also seeking to complete these competitions if it is feasible to do so.

We will also continue planning for FA competitions to take place for the 2020-21 season.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Mar 2020, 20:20

El Seano wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 19:44
If it does end like this, it's a real shame but I imagine we're in a better position than most clubs to start all over again next season. I'm sure a lot of teams will struggle financially through loss of income from the remaining games, retaining players...

Top 4 teams in Germany are giving money to other teams in the top 2 divisions https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52052650.

Wonder if England 's top teams and players with money to burn could consider distributing some money into grassroots during these difficult times.

I'm sure combining a couple of day's wages from all Premiership players, for example, would get all non-league sides through this difficult time (and some).
That's a great shout Sean. I can bet it won't happen though. Individuals or clubs may support this but I bet the Premier League for example wouldnt ask for it to happen because they simply don't care.
Last edited by andy on 26 Mar 2020, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Mar 2020, 20:25

El Seano wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 20:10
From FA site:

FA competitions

With the 2019-20 Emirates FA Cup, Women’s FA Cup, Buildbase FA Trophy and Buildbase FA Vase all at advanced stages, we are reviewing all options as we seek to complete these competitions whenever it is safe and appropriate to do so. Clubs involved are close to reaching a major final and for those clubs and supporters we will do all we can to keep the Wembley dream alive.

In respect of The FA Youth Cup, The FA County Youth Cup, The FA Sunday Cup and The FA Inter-League Cup, we are also seeking to complete these competitions if it is feasible to do so.

We will also continue planning for FA competitions to take place for the 2020-21 season.
That's the same FA that have endorsed our league campaign amounting to nothing. But the competitions that benefit them......

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 26 Mar 2020, 20:43

Still absolutely fuming by this decision. Yes I know football is just a game and there are of course more pressing issues going on in the world at present that this kind of seems immaterial. But this decision has riled me up as I’m sure it has most Yeltz fans.

This has been the best season I have witnessed in almost 20 years of watching Halesowen Town and now it’s just been wiped off and counts for absolutely nothing.

I commented on another thread the other day and mentioned about points per game which IMO would have been a fair way of deciding the league but can also see the reasons for not. However the league was almost complete and loads of memories made to just ‘wipe’ everything and forget about it. It’s just such a shame for everyone involved with the club.

One small crumb of comfort to hold onto at the moment is the FA Trophy dream lives on...for now.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 26 Mar 2020, 20:44

[quote="El Seano" post_id=43206 time=1585251864 user_id=6

[/quote]
In a word Brother Seano, no! They greedy bastards couldn't give a flying f##k :-\

The great God of Sky TV has decreed .

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Mar 2020, 20:47

Interesting reading on Beebs news site. I can't find how to link it though. Truro boss suggesting they've only done it to leagues where nobody has the cash to challenge it. Will they take the title off Liverpool etc. No chance. Two sides in leagues affected have already won promotion as well. It's scandalous.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 26 Mar 2020, 21:46

andy wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 20:47
Interesting reading on Beebs news site. I can't find how to link it though. Truro boss suggesting they've only done it to leagues where nobody has the cash to challenge it. Will they take the title off Liverpool etc. No chance. Two sides in leagues affected have already won promotion as well. It's scandalous.
Here's the link Andy https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351.

It's also the report that suggests South Shields are looking at legal action.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Mar 2020, 07:57

uncle jack and coke wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 21:46
andy wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 20:47
Here's the link Andy https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351.

It's also the report that suggests South Shields are looking at legal action.
Cheers Uncle!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Mar 2020, 08:11

The REALLY BIG QUESTION now though Is this. Will Poll decide to null and void Fantasy Island? Big Rich would be most upset. As I am in my customary second place at the moment (I'll never win this damn thing >:( ) I will be seriously looking to put in a legal challenge as I had some ace card predictions to play.
Halesowen 0-1 Wantage could have won it for me. ;D