Daventry Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Daventry Updates

Post by Rich » 12 Feb 2020, 09:35

old git wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 09:27
i think 'professional' is a very good word to describe this team. Daventry's game plan was to close us down quickly, frustrate us into mistakes and hope for a breakaway. Against lesser teams that will work....not pretty...but effective. But this magnificent team don't get frustrated .. they stick to the task and as so often happens once the breakthrough comes there is an instant collapse.
my concern still is the number of games we are playing. It has to take it's toll somewhere and unfortunately looking at the next few weeks the Berko fixture looks a massive possibility for that problem. 5 games in 17 days leading up to it, with the big Barnet occasion the last of those 5 and red warning flags start to appear.
Then again I'm a miserable old sod and I've said the same thing a few times already over the last couple of months...... and each time this set of players has proved me wrong ;D
Agree old git that the Berhampstead games will be the crucial ones by the looks of things. advantage is they are must win games for them whereas we just need not to lose.
Credit again to the Management as it was the changes which bought about the goals- not as the players who went off had done anything wrong at all.
Second half we looked really solid at the back and just literally wore them down.
One other thing though have to give credit to the Daventry groundstaff. Pitch was excellent after the weather of the past 3 days.
Lets hope Saturday's weather is not a bad as they are predicting and we can keep this amazing run going.

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 12 Feb 2020, 10:07

Seems to be a theme with a few of our last games where we come out a different team after the break! But once again, this team delivers, bring on Saturday!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Feb 2020, 10:11

Old git, I'm still worried about the fixture pile up as well. We still have to visit all the rest of the top 6 bar Corby. Beat Barnet and we will have 3 more games yet to have a date. We'll have run out of midweeks.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 12 Feb 2020, 10:20

I suppose the hope is we keep on winning so the final few games of the season become 'meaningless' as it will be mission complete ;D

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Feb 2020, 11:08

Rich wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 09:35
old git wrote:
i think 'professional' is a very good word to describe this team. Daventry's game plan was to close us down quickly, frustrate us into mistakes and hope for a breakaway. Against lesser teams that will work....not pretty...but effective. But this magnificent team don't get frustrated .. they stick to the task and as so often happens once the breakthrough comes there is an instant collapse.
my concern still is the number of games we are playing. It has to take it's toll somewhere and unfortunately looking at the next few weeks the Berko fixture looks a massive possibility for that problem. 5 games in 17 days leading up to it, with the big Barnet occasion the last of those 5 and red warning flags start to appear.
Then again I'm a miserable old sod and I've said the same thing a few times already over the last couple of months...... and each time this set of players has proved me wrong ;D
Agree old git that the Berhampstead games will be the crucial ones by the looks of things. advantage is they are must win games for them whereas we just need not to lose.
Credit again to the Management as it was the changes which bought about the goals- not as the players who went off had done anything wrong at all.
Second half we looked really solid at the back and just literally wore them down.
One other thing though have to give credit to the Daventry groundstaff. Pitch was excellent after the weather of the past 3 days.
Lets hope Saturday's weather is not a bad as they are predicting and we can keep this amazing run going.
Yes .... looking at all the forecasts it doesn’t look good Saturday .. even the amazing Anthony can’t do much about the predicted half inch of rain on Saturday morning >:(

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 12 Feb 2020, 11:56

10 more wins will win this league imho, and that only includes 1 win against Berko.
The assumption that both Corby and Berko will win all their remaining games is also very unlikely.............

If we can get next Tuesday's match on and won, and all the other league games are lost to weather this Saturday, we'll be top :)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Feb 2020, 12:19

Nice video from SomeBlokeTV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi4dfU1VyqM

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 12 Feb 2020, 12:36

old git wrote:
certainly looked a bit frustrated when Montel and Robbie Bunn were screaming at each other at 0-0 last night (but accept your general point!)!

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 12 Feb 2020, 12:40

YeltzDoc wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 12:19
Nice video from SomeBlokeTV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi4dfU1VyqM
Stood right next to him all second half and never realised he was recording it. ::)
Good video of the goals though ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Feb 2020, 13:49

I don't see this team looking fatigued. If anything, they look like they're getting better as the season wears on.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz