Roger Turner

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
El Seano
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Roger Turner

Post by El Seano » 12 Feb 2020, 11:15

Terrible news. I remember fondly chatting with Roger, Dave (and Andy) at half time as I changed ends.

RIP and thoughts are with Dave the rest of Roger's family.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 12 Feb 2020, 11:29

Deeply saddened and with tears in my eyes. The blue barrier where I stood next to Roger for so many years in our little group will seem so very, very empty without him. Our thoughts are with Marlene and David at this very sad time. The end of an era which will probably never be surpassed. Thanks Roger for your wit, conversation and company , I will sorely miss you.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 12 Feb 2020, 11:39

Extremely sad news, the club will do all it can to support his wife and of course Dave at this very sad time.

Dave did manage to convey news of our win last night to Roger before he passed.

A very humble man, the proverbial gentle giant who will be so sadly missed

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 12 Feb 2020, 13:04

Terribly sad news always took the time to say hello to me and my mum nice chap RIP he also used to say to me from time to time oh such and such a Warwickshire player is playing for whichever club side in the Birmingham league it happened to be as has been said he will be greatly missed by all at the club.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Feb 2020, 13:50

Condolences to his friends and family. I think most Yeltz fans knew who Roger was, even if they didn't know him personally.

Maybe the club could dedicate one of the season awards in his name? Some communication to the Non-League Paper would also be appropriate as I am sure they would include a tribute.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Feb 2020, 22:12

A true gentleman has, sadly, left us far too soon.
Condolences to Dave and the family.

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz7 » 12 Feb 2020, 22:21

Sad,sad News All the best to his family,A true legend of HTFC.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 12 Feb 2020, 22:50

Very sad news.

Rest In Peace Roger.

Rotterdam82
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rotterdam82 » 13 Feb 2020, 15:30

juanillo wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 13:50
Condolences to his friends and family. I think most Yeltz fans knew who Roger was, even if they didn't know him personally.

Maybe the club could dedicate one of the season awards in his name? Some communication to the Non-League Paper would also be appropriate as I am sure they would include a tribute.
On the away coaches there is always a raffle done and I have a decent amount collected, as Roger was a regular on the away coaches we, as regulars, have decided to buy either a shield or trophy in Roger's memory. More info as I get it. RIP Roger

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 13 Feb 2020, 22:50

[/quote]
On the away coaches there is always a raffle done and I have a decent amount collected, as Roger was a regular on the away coaches we, as regulars, have decided to buy either a shield or trophy in Roger's memory. More info as I get it. RIP Roger
[/quote]

That is nice gesture.

Regarding Saturday match officials and away club have been informed that we will be holding a minutes silence before kick for Roger and also the league have asked us to observe the same for a former Southern League director who died.

Therefore, it does seem fitting as well we have a minute of applause from 27 min to mark the 27 years he and Dave did ALL home and away league and cup matches.