Corby Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Corby Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Jan 2020, 21:55

Quite agree - they are predominantly a 'hoof ball outfit!
We're flying, and they'll drop points with what I saw today.
A really good performance from us today - on an equal footing to the fantastic fans who outsang the Steelmen faithful fir the whole 90 minutes.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Jan 2020, 22:23

Westyeltz wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 20:30
drummyb wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 16:37
What a match. Corby are decent
Yeah, but you didn't see them in the first half 😉
We were well on top.
No aint that the truth. Only came for the good bits ;)

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 25 Jan 2020, 23:20

Corby Town 1 - 1 Halesowen Town
25/01/2020

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: https://youtu.be/zdHNdRFG2kg
MANAGER INTERVIEW: https://youtu.be/9tPcXsiVakY

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 26 Jan 2020, 08:16

Was a good game and Corby are a decent side, but overall Halesowen did have better chances to put the game to bed.!!! Hitting the woodwork twice amoung some good chances to score.... just thought that the final ball decision let us down at times , as pumping all the crosses in high didn't really work... maybe running at them and committing them around the edge of the box ?? As that ref would have given a free for anything.... even for good honest tackles , he did on neumerous occasions.... or even a hard low ball in... against a tall defence ?? Just needed a bit more quality in thought and practice in the final third,,,, having said that two good sides ,a good game and a point won..... fantastic turn out again, not only in numbers , but very vocal, from supporters who must be enjoying every game..... bring on Halifax... good luck to manager and team.... hope everyone has a great away day and fingers crossed for a result...

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Jan 2020, 08:28

I thought that was an excellent game of football to watch. It maybe lacked quality at times, but it was enjoyable to watch, with two teams desperately trying to win 3 points.

I believe a draw was a fair reflection on the game, that being said, I felt we just about edged the play, and created the more and better chances - hitting the woodwork twice, and spurning an excellent chance late on. If Cobourne squared the ball to Sammond, who was wide open on his right, we'd be talking about a last kick of the game winner and celebrating a very good and important win.

I am more than satisfied with the draw, I'd have taken a point before kick off, but I do feel a little disappointed, in so far as it's always disappointing to take the lead and not go on to win the match, especially when you've created several good chances throughout the match.

All in all, I'm pleased with both the performance and result. The unbeaten run continues (is that 21 unbeaten now? I'm classing Burton as a draw!), and we are excellently placed to push on to win the league. It will, of course, be tough. But it's still all in our hands, and we know we have the quality to beat anyone in this league.

A shout out to the excellent support, too. I'm not convinced of the accuracy of 327 traveling fans, but it certainly isn't far off. The support certainly seemed 50/50 split, 60/40 in Cory's favour at best. Let's hope we can continue to follow in numbers for the remaining away matches, these lads deserve all the support they can get. They are an absolute joy to watch, not only in quality, but work rate and attitude. It's all spot on, at the moment.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 26 Jan 2020, 13:21

BetVictor Southern League - Division One Central – Saturday, 25th January 2020

Corby Town 1 Halesowen Town 1

Jordan Piggott’s superb second-half goal was pegged back and the Yeltz struck the woodwork twice as the points were shared in an evenly matched top of the table clash, writes DJ.

Corby’s Gary Mulligan fired over the bar after Ahmed Ali cleared a 2nd minute corner before Halesowen forced two 6th minute corners in early play.

The Yeltz had the first clear chance when home goalkeeper Alastair Worby saved well from Luke Yates and then superbly turned the rebound attempt from Montel Gibson away for a 15th minute corner. Halesowen went even closer in the 23rd minute when Gibson took advantage of a mistake from the home defence and his header put Simeon Cobourne clear, only for his shot to cannon back off the post. The Yeltz enjoyed a good spell before the break but it was Corby’s Jason Crawford who fired the last chance of the first-half over the bar after Halesowen conceded a soft corner.

Corby’s Crawford delivered a good cross from the left and Rob Evans fired over the home bar at the start of a competitive second half.

Halesowen then went ahead after 55 minutes when PIGGOTT started and finished a great break down the right as he exchanged passes with Cobourne to finish well from 12 yards. Gibson then fired a low shot past the post.

But the lead lasted only four minutes as Halesowen only partly cleared a 59th minute free-kick and Elliot SANDY touched home the equaliser from close range for the Steelmen.

Both sides had chances to find a late vital winner as home goalkeeper Worby made a good save from Gibson’s 64th minute deflected shot and Corby’s Crawford saw his 77th minute effort cleared off the line by Rob Evans. Gibson then found a touch of daylight to strike the bar from the right after 78 minutes and brought another save from Corby’s Worby a minute later.

At exactly halfway through Halesowen’s league campaign, the result leaves the Yeltz six points both the Steelmen and Berkhamstead with four games in hand.

Corby Town: Alastair Worby; Curtis Hartley, Sam Warburton, Joe Burgess (Greg Ling 79), Charlie Wise, Gary Mulligan, James Clifton, Jake Duffy, Elliot Sandy (Ryan Robbins 81), Stephen Diggin, Jordan Crawford. Subs Not Used: James Ireland, Ash Robinson, Owen Montgomery.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Jordan Piggott, James Bowen, Ahmed Ali, Paul McCone (c), Rob Evans (Jamie Ashmore 81), Josh Hawker (Ash Sammons 72), Robbie Bunn, Montel Gibson, Luke Yates (Jack Holmes 64), Simeon Cobourne. Subs Not Used: McKauley Manning, Isai Marselia.

Referee: Christopher Hunter Attendance: 793
Booked: Yates (26), Burgess (42), Ashmore (90), Duffy (90)

PaulSmith
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PaulSmith » 27 Jan 2020, 16:36

Good afternoon all,

Although I’ve posted on twitter my gratitude for the support we had at Corby. I’m conscious some may not use twitter. So I felt the need to drop a post on here. In my opinion our following outnumbered that of Corby. It definitely out sung them!
The players, my staff and I are overwhelmed with the support you are giving us. We will continue to give you everything to reach the targets we have all set. There will be further twists and turns I’m sure. I urge you all to continue to follow us home and away. It means the world to us all! Let’s do it together.

Yours in football
Paul

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Jan 2020, 17:32

As ever, a class act.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Jan 2020, 18:26

YeltzDoc wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 17:32
As ever, a class act.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Ditto. Top man.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Jan 2020, 18:36

PaulSmith wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 16:36
Good afternoon all,

Although I’ve posted on twitter my gratitude for the support we had at Corby. I’m conscious some may not use twitter. So I felt the need to drop a post on here. In my opinion our following outnumbered that of Corby. It definitely out sung them!
The players, my staff and I are overwhelmed with the support you are giving us. We will continue to give you everything to reach the targets we have all set. There will be further twists and turns I’m sure. I urge you all to continue to follow us home and away. It means the world to us all! Let’s do it together.

Yours in football
Paul
Fantastic! The irony of it is though that we should be thanking you! The fans are simply responding to the best football we have seen here in over 20 years. The owners, yourself and the players are giving US what we could not have dreamt of. It is just brilliant to come and watch what is on display and to have a manager who is making us very proud. We're not a joke anymore and it feels good. THANK YOU!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0