Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Maidenhead Take 2

Post by lutleyyeltz » 21 Jan 2020, 22:17

Just quietly confident, Andy.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Jan 2020, 23:38

I fucking love this team. Couldn't be more proud.

I'll take a telling off for the poor language, I don't care! >:D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 21 Jan 2020, 23:57

Get in there you Yeltz boys!! What an unbelievable result that is!! Absolutely buzzing for everyone involved in the club!!

This team is something else. We were 1-0 down at half time and to be honest I thought that the dream was over. But once again they prove us wrong and do the unthinkable. I’ve never known a team like it.

Bring on Halifax on the 8th Feb - I will be there!!! What a day that will be. I bloody love this team and this club!!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 22 Jan 2020, 07:10

Well I predicted 3-1, but I never imagined it would be to us!

When I heard Paul Smith on the radio last week, he emphasised how he was embracing the fixture pile up rather than bemoaning it, and that positive attitude is in no small part helping to work wonders.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 22 Jan 2020, 07:36

andy wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 22:13
lutleyyeltz wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 21:49
Are you watching Corby?
Don't tempt fate Lutters!
Agree with Andy, we don't want a fit of 'after the Lord Mayors Show'. ;)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Jan 2020, 08:11

juanillo wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 07:10
that positive attitude is in no small part helping to work wonders.
This x 100. The attitude of the manager and players is the majority of the battle.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 22 Jan 2020, 08:13

WoW what a game and a fantastic well deserved win , if there was ever a game of two halfs this was it... started the game off well enough and had three decent chances in first ten mins or so, but after that it was all Maidenhead who went in 1-0 up at half time and deservedly so as they were the better side and could have been three or four up apart from some fantastic goal keeping, one reaction save in particular UNBELIEVABLE.!!!! Something needed to change to get ack into the game..... and by god it did.... two changes at halftime and a different style of play... neat sharp intricate football at pace and players running at the opposition with an end product, or a free kick on the edge of the box .... fantastic.... only one team in it in second half three great goals, hit woodwork three times playing lovely football..... congratulations to everyone connected with the club... the two subs did make the difference for me, not taking anything away from the lads they replaced , great team performance.
MAN of MATCH , for me..... owners, manager,coaches all who work at club and the great fans, many of who travelled once again on a cold , late home night.... what a great season..... well done to all...

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Jan 2020, 09:53

Scribbler has just summed up everything I was about to say, except that talking to the lads after the game it appears that the slope caught them out first half where the ball ran at 100 mph. Sort of explains the game of two halves as it appeared to affect Maidenhead just as much second half.

Also one for the statos ... in a proper competition (I.E. apart from senior cups where pro club put out schoolboys) was that the best result in the clubs history? My memory is poor nowadays, but I can't remember in my 35 odd years ever beating a top tier non league side, or football league club in either Fa Cup or Trophy.

Kings Lynn in that famous FA Cup victory came to mind, but I'm sure they were top of the Southern League then (equivalent to National League South/North now) .... so step up LLL/DJ ... relying on you to hopefully put even more significance to last night ???

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jan 2020, 10:12

I'm of the same mind John. I think we discussed on here recently of us not beating a Conference side ever except for Senior Cups. An amazing result from an amazing team.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0