Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Maidenhead United FA Trophy 2nd

Post by old git » 16 Jan 2020, 12:08

andy wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:56
Wasn't Stoke a night game?
We definitely did play Stoke in one night game where there was controversy. Janet Rudge was a board member and when we got there they refused her entry to the board room.
This was of course in the days where women knew their place 😂😂😂

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 16 Jan 2020, 12:11

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 16 Jan 2020, 12:12

old git wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:48
YeltzDoc wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:22
Noggin wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 18:50

what happens if 29th February falls on Saturday during a leap year?
What about when we played Stoke in the Staffs Senior on a Sunday? That wasn’t mid-week or Saturday.
Would it count as none, one or even two?
;D I admit that memory does fail lately, but I remember the Sunday match but don’t think it was Stoke or why it was Sunday ??? LLL are you awake yet ? 😂
We did play Buckingham (or somewhere near there) on a Sunday morning some time ago.

Sir Les Randle scored from a penalty - one of his very few goals for us. Precious times :)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jan 2020, 12:19

Also Crawley away was a Sunday after Princess Diana’s funeral on the Saturday . This one also sticks firmly in the memory as our then secretary Stewart Tildesley for the first time in living memory bought a round of drinks 😂

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 16 Jan 2020, 13:36

Indeed the term "Saturday football" is an FA language of it's own. As it includes league matches Saturday and Midweek, together with any FA Trophy or FA Cup on any day of the week.

If you all remember the "County Cup" is not seen as a proper competition by the FA so is not included. Last year Lee Hughes was able to play at Tamworth in County Cup whilst suspended either side in league or cup matches for being red carded at Royston.

Suspension's don't kick in for 7 days in vast majority of cases so Jamie was unavailable last week and has two more matches to serve, weather permitting Saturday and Tuesday.

I won't bore you all with competition specific yellow cards when reach certain levels by certain timings mean a ban from that competition. Each competition has different numbers and timings.

Thank goodness for spreadsheets.

Businesses many years ago underwent "crystal" to make documentation simple to understand. It appears the FA have yet to do this which would prevent emails and calls asking for clarification of certain rules and regulations.
This might well reduce the fines imposed on clubs.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jan 2020, 14:22

old git wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:19
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 09:00
A Saturday only ban.

Is it me, or is that just ridiculous?
This is only from memory so I stand to be corrected, but I think what they are trying to saying badly is that any match that usually is a Saturday which by definition is league and FA competitions, but will include postponements and replays.
As to why they don't just say excludes county and league cups is one of he many mysteries of the FA.

talking if daft FA rules, and on a completely different note..... last night at the Worcester v Coventry FA Vase game Coventry scored in front of their fans early on and most of their players ran to the pitch barrier and did Robbie Bunnesque leaps into the crowd .... the ref just stood there for what seemed like an age and did nothing !!!!
Good info!

Stupid question alert here, but isn't every game we play under the ultimate jurisdiction of the FA? Regardless of competition?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jan 2020, 14:26

old git wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 12:19
Also Crawley away was a Sunday after Princess Diana’s funeral on the Saturday . This one also sticks firmly in the memory as our then secretary Stewart Tildesley for the first time in living memory bought a round of drinks 😂
Stewart Tildsley isn't slang for Paul Guest, is it?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jan 2020, 14:29

JohnC wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 13:36
Indeed the term "Saturday football" is an FA language of it's own. As it includes league matches Saturday and Midweek, together with any FA Trophy or FA Cup on any day of the week.

If you all remember the "County Cup" is not seen as a proper competition by the FA so is not included. Last year Lee Hughes was able to play at Tamworth in County Cup whilst suspended either side in league or cup matches for being red carded at Royston.

Suspension's don't kick in for 7 days in vast majority of cases so Jamie was unavailable last week and has two more matches to serve, weather permitting Saturday and Tuesday.

I won't bore you all with competition specific yellow cards when reach certain levels by certain timings mean a ban from that competition. Each competition has different numbers and timings.

Thank goodness for spreadsheets.

Businesses many years ago underwent "crystal" to make documentation simple to understand. It appears the FA have yet to do this which would prevent emails and calls asking for clarification of certain rules and regulations.
This might well reduce the fines imposed on clubs.
All seems needlessly complicated.

How much sense would it make to have a one rule for all competitions;

5 yellow cards = 1 match ban.
10 yellow cards = 3 match ban.

Suspensions apply immediately, and includes all competitions.

You can argue about the amount of cards needed, and the ban, if you wish, but you get the point! Or am I talking rubbish, as usual?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 16 Jan 2020, 14:30

Thanks for the clarification John and the rules as you describe then are pretty well as I expected (it was just the strange FA terminology that threw me).

Out of interest, which category does the League Cup fall into?

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jan 2020, 14:50

Noggin wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 14:30
Thanks for the clarification John and the rules as you describe then are pretty well as I expected (it was just the strange FA terminology that threw me).

Out of interest, which category does the League Cup fall into?
The Twighlight Zone 😂