Maidenhead United FA Trophy 2nd

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Maidenhead United FA Trophy 2nd

Post by andy » 15 Jan 2020, 16:05

Noggin wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 14:32
I note that Jamie Molyneux's suspension, according to the FA Disciplinary site, is 3 matches "All Saturday Football only" from 11-Jan. Presumably this to exclude County Cup games,normally midweek of course but to include replays of matches that would normally be played on a Saturday (including leugue fixtures previously on a Saturday)?

its just a strange form of words from our beloved governing body

I think we played Malvern in a county cup in about 2006 on a Saturday. Would this be a Saturday match or a non-Saturday match played on a Saturday?
Aah, but was that Saturday/ non Saturday match 'replacing' a Saturday match or merely being played on a 'spare' Saturday?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 15 Jan 2020, 18:50

Noggin wrote:
I note that Jamie Molyneux's suspension, according to the FA Disciplinary site, is 3 matches "All Saturday Football only" from 11-Jan. Presumably this to exclude County Cup games,normally midweek of course but to include replays of matches that would normally be played on a Saturday (including leugue fixtures previously on a Saturday)?

I think we played Malvern in a county cup in about 2006 on a Saturday. Would this be a Saturday match or a non-Saturday match played on a Saturday?
andy wrote: Aah, but was that Saturday/ non Saturday match 'replacing' a Saturday match or merely being played on a 'spare' Saturday?
what happens if 29th February falls on Saturday during a leap year?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jan 2020, 09:00

A Saturday only ban.

Is it me, or is that just ridiculous?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jan 2020, 11:19

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 09:00
A Saturday only ban.

Is it me, or is that just ridiculous?
This is only from memory so I stand to be corrected, but I think what they are trying to saying badly is that any match that usually is a Saturday which by definition is league and FA competitions, but will include postponements and replays.
As to why they don't just say excludes county and league cups is one of he many mysteries of the FA.

talking if daft FA rules, and on a completely different note..... last night at the Worcester v Coventry FA Vase game Coventry scored in front of their fans early on and most of their players ran to the pitch barrier and did Robbie Bunnesque leaps into the crowd .... the ref just stood there for what seemed like an age and did nothing !!!!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 16 Jan 2020, 11:22

Noggin wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 18:50
Noggin wrote:

andy wrote: Aah, but was that Saturday/ non Saturday match 'replacing' a Saturday match or merely being played on a 'spare' Saturday?
What about when we played Stoke in the Staffs Senior on a Sunday? That wasn’t mid-week or Saturday.
Would it count as none, one or even two?

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jan 2020, 11:48

YeltzDoc wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:22
Noggin wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 18:50
Noggin wrote:

What about when we played Stoke in the Staffs Senior on a Sunday? That wasn’t mid-week or Saturday.
Would it count as none, one or even two?
;D I admit that memory does fail lately, but I remember the Sunday match but don’t think it was Stoke or why it was Sunday ??? LLL are you awake yet ? 😂

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 16 Jan 2020, 11:55

From memory. Stoke, SSC, won 3-0, Hunter, Joinson L, Joinson P.

And yet I can’t remember where I’ve put my keys...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Jan 2020, 11:56

Wasn't Stoke a night game?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Jan 2020, 11:57

YeltzDoc wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:55
From memory. Stoke, SSC, won 3-0, Hunter, Joinson L, Joinson P.

And yet I can’t remember where I’ve put my keys...
Oh the home replay.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Jan 2020, 11:59

Excellent Yeltz archives. Yes it was.