Re: Aylesbury

Post by andy » 21 Dec 2019, 16:50

Ft
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Dec 2019, 20:50

For everybody obviously not out there at the moment, who were not at the game either, that was all quite easy today. If the backlog does not trip us up I can't see anybody stopping us. Aylesbury and Bedford a couple of weeks ago are supposedly the best teams behind us, but there is a million miles between us and them. As long as we now match Corby game for game all will come good.
But as nobody can read this yet it's all irrelevant, until Poll's spanners allow. Then it is. ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Dec 2019, 08:24

As Andy says, it was all too easy today, but even given that my biggest fears for this season surfaced. Three games in 7 days on heavy pitches and we looked leggy, especially in the second half. At one point about 70 minutes in when we gave the ball away a few time too easily I had a horrible flash back 12 months :o
On paper Coleshill should be 3 points....but be very wary...this is their cup final and they won't have played for 12 days by then...the only saving grace on Thursday (and I can't believe me of all people is saying this) is the plastic pitch ....Did I really just say that ... nurse more meds :D

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 22 Dec 2019, 12:05

BetVictor Southern League - Division One Central – Saturday, 21st December 2019

Halesowen Town 4 Aylesbury United 1

Ahmed Ali marked his return to Halesowen with an early goal to keep up the pressure at the top of the table. Aylesbury arrived at the Grove in fifth place in the league table but were swept aside as Halesowen wrapped up the points with three first-half goals.

Josh Hawker dinked a clever ball over the visiting defence for Montel Gibson to hit over the bar in the 5th minute, but the Yeltz soon went ahead in the 7th minute when ALI converted Hawker’s 25 yard free-kick just over the line from the back post.

Ken Feyi struck a 14th minute free-kick at home goalkeeper Brendon Bunn, but it was Halesowen who remained comfortably on top during the first half as Gibson stabbed just wide in the 15th minute following a good through ball from Ali.

The Yeltz doubled their lead in the 25th minute after Jamie Ashmore crossed from the right and although Molyneux missed his shot, GIBSON picked up the loose ball to hit a low shot past goalkeeper Jack Hopwood from the edge of the area. In further home pressure, Jordan Jenkins headed Robbie Bunn’s 30th minute corner clear and a weak Molyneux header was saved by Hopwood two minutes later. A 25 yard shot from Ashmore was then tipped over the bar by Hopwood after 40 minutes.

ALI celebrated making it 3-0 in first half stoppage time when the ball ricocheted off Ty Deacon into the net under attention from the central midfielder as the visiting defence attempted to clear Robbie Bunn’s left-wing cross.

The points may have already been delivered by half-time but Aylesbury worked hard to keep the scoreline down during a competitive second period. Ali headed wide from Robbie Bunn’s 49th minute corner and Molyneux cut in to see his low shot saved by Hopwood four minutes later. The Ducks then went close when home goalkeeper Brendon Bunn tipped over a close range header from unmarked Harry Jones in the 54th minute. Home captain Paul McCone headed wide after 56 minutes and Molyneux blasted high over the bar after substitute Simeon Cobourne was thwarted on a lightning 59th minute attack.

Aylesbury’s Deacon worked clear on goal in the 63rd minute, only for Brendon Bunn to make a fine blocking save but the Ducks pulled a goal back when Deacon was brought down by Hawker and FEYI slammed home from the penalty spot in the 64th minute.

A quickfire cross from substitute Luke Yates was flashed just wide of Aylesbury’s goal by Cobourne in the 74th minute and the result was then put beyond any doubt in the 87th minute when Yates crossed again from the right for Robbie BUNN to stab home Halesowen’s fourth goal.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen, Rob Evans, Paul McCone (c), Andrew Parsons (Luke Yates 56), Ahmed Ali, Robbie Bunn, Montel Gibson (Simeon Cobourne 56), Jamie Molyneux, Josh Hawker (Jordan Piggott 85). Subs Not Used: Ash Sammons, McKauley Manning.

Aylesbury United: Jack Hopwood; Anthony Ball, Jake Bewley, Jack Wood (c), Jordan Jenkins, Harry Jones, Ty Deacon, Lewis Osbourne, Ken Feyi, Ben Seaton, Melvy N’Somi (Jacob Hutchinson 77). Sub Not Used: Ben Williams.

Referee: Richard Walker Attendance: 523
Booked: Parsons (13), Seaton (55), Bowen (66), Ashmore (69)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Steve Wood: Josh Hawker

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Dec 2019, 17:54

Not playing for almost 2 weeks is a negative IMO.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Unihammer01
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Unihammer01 » 23 Dec 2019, 09:24

old git wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 08:24
As Andy says, it was all too easy today, but even given that my biggest fears for this season surfaced. Three games in 7 days on heavy pitches and we looked leggy, especially in the second half. At one point about 70 minutes in when we gave the ball away a few time too easily I had a horrible flash back 12 months :o
I think the poor second half was more due to the change in formation. The back 4 looked ill at ease. At one point Aylesbury had 3 men free at the back post.