Bradford PA Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bradford PA Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Dec 2019, 15:52

Hereford v Newcastle 1972
https://youtu.be/fOoXsZBwSUg
Another classic - not for the pitch necessarily, but the hairstyles and sideburns! 😁

Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GUEST » 15 Dec 2019, 16:12

Actually disagree with comments regarding pitch being unplayable, this in non league, the weather as been attrocious for sometime now, and stood up well IMO, would you rather it being played in midweek,when unless we had 3 successive days of 80degree sunshine it would'nt be any better, give the volunteer groundstaff some credit for getting the pitch playable, it was the same for both teams and again IMO provided a scrappy but very entertaining game.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Dec 2019, 17:17

GUEST wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 16:12
Actually disagree with comments regarding pitch being unplayable, this in non league, the weather as been attrocious for sometime now, and stood up well IMO, would you rather it being played in midweek,when unless we had 3 successive days of 80degree sunshine it would'nt be any better, give the volunteer groundstaff some credit for getting the pitch playable, it was the same for both teams and again IMO provided a scrappy but very entertaining game.
you won't find anyone over the age of 50 disagreeing with you. The problem nowadays is that younger fans, and more importantly referees are of the age that they have never seen anything other than manicured Premiership lawns costing mind boggling sums that no non league team could ever afford in a million years. And as I said yesterday on leaving ... some poor bloke is going to have to put that right tomorrow in the freezing cold rain for the princely sum of bugger all.
And as I said in my earlier post the Bradford coach (no different to any 'modern' coach by the way) assisted our first goal with those ridiculous shuttles he organised on the edge of the box.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Dec 2019, 18:25

We're just spoiled now with Ants lawn. ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Dec 2019, 18:52

old git wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 17:17
GUEST wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 16:12
you won't find anyone over the age of 50 disagreeing with you. The problem nowadays is that younger fans, and more importantly referees are of the age that they have never seen anything other than manicured Premiership lawns costing mind boggling sums that no non league team could ever afford in a million years. And as I said yesterday on leaving ... some poor bloke is going to have to put that right tomorrow in the freezing cold rain for the princely sum of bugger all.
And as I said in my earlier post the Bradford coach (no different to any 'modern' coach by the way) assisted our first goal with those ridiculous shuttles he organised on the edge of the box.
Good point about volunteering. I didn't wish to offend any Bradford volunteers, nor was that my intention.

My comments about the pitch being poor still stands (you can't really deny it!), but it's clear the recent inclimate weather played a huge part in its condition.

I'm glad the game was on, after the journey up there. But, I do have a suspicion that if the visiting team were more local, it would have been called off.

I'm not sure what the tests for inspecting a pitch are, but I would think the ball not running true and or stopping dead, are good indicators the pitch isn't playable.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 15 Dec 2019, 19:11

As well as the pitch debate, one other thing I noticed as well was how physical Bradford were. Having been out of the Northern League for a couple of years now, it was a throwback to what we had to put up with and it’s clear to see from yesterday that there is a difference between Northern teams and the Southern Central in terms of physicality.

You could say that they looked like a rugby league team in terms of their kit and they played like one too 😂

But as has been said, sure on a better pitch we are confident we will finish the job.

Fantastic day though yesterday. Thanks to the club for putting the supporters coach on for a bargain price of £10 - great atmosphere on the way back and was nice to find a couple of local boozers which were cheap and cheerful! Was one of my favourite Yeltz away games.

Oh and it was also nice to see Poll and Yeltz Doc too, hope you both enjoyed yourselves.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 16 Dec 2019, 16:50

Good interview with the BPA manager on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BPAFCOfficial/statu ... 7113650177 - very fair I thought

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 16 Dec 2019, 16:52

dalevillain wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 19:11
Oh and it was also nice to see Poll and Yeltz Doc too, hope you both enjoyed yourselves.
Was good to chat to you in person!

I had an eventful trip back to the North East on the train, as there had been much Xmas spirit taken by many people (not just by me), but it was a great day!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Dec 2019, 19:24

Poll wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 16:52
dalevillain wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 19:11
Was good to chat to you in person!

I had an eventful trip back to the North East on the train, as there had been much Xmas spirit taken by many people (not just by me), but it was a great day!
The coach journey back was a quiet and sombre affair.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 16 Dec 2019, 21:36

I watched a dance off between a group of women on the way back from a day out in York and some teenage lads.

Then a Geordie Okie-Cokie up and down the aisles from Darlington to Newcastle.

A normal Saturday night in other words. :D