Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alty Updates

Post by old git » 07 Oct 2019, 16:43

PaulSmith wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 16:11
Good afternoon all.

I just wanted to pass on our players, staff and my sincere thanks for your fantastic support on Saturday.
Even in defeat, the applause and support you gave us all at the final whistle was something special.
We are all still devastated in not being able to get you the result you all so richly deserve.
Rest assured we will be back at it tomorrow night and Thursday at training, long season ahead and we can’t wait to give you more occasions like Saturday.
Just hopefully with a better result.

Yours in football Paul
very fine margins Smudge ... nobody could have asked more of this group of lads... it was only the width of a post (twice)... us fans couldn't be happier ... onwards and upwards ... bring on Saturday ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2019, 18:16

PaulSmith wrote:
Good afternoon all.

I just wanted to pass on our players, staff and my sincere thanks for your fantastic support on Saturday.
Even in defeat, the applause and support you gave us all at the final whistle was something special.
We are all still devastated in not being able to get you the result you all so richly deserve.
Rest assured we will be back at it tomorrow night and Thursday at training, long season ahead and we can’t wait to give you more occasions like Saturday.

Yours in football Paul
Quality that mate.
You and the team are giving us more enjoyment than we've had in years, and I feel it's barely started yet. Losing is never a problem with our fans, it's when we feel we are being taken for a ride by players/management/ owners, and that's all we had for 10 years. If this current set up evolves, ie Karen and Keith, your good self, the hard work done by many and an enthusiastic football playing squad of players, I believe we can get back to where we were in the eighties and nineties. And believe me we enjoyed that ride!!!!
Good luck and bring it on.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2019, 18:20

PS. The chap stood next to you each match will tell you how much fun it all was.
SNAPPEEERRRR!!!!! ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Oct 2019, 18:36

andy wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 18:20
PS. The chap stood next to you each match will tell you how much fun it all was.
SNAPPEEERRRR!!!!! ;D
When I saw the cameras set up behind the goals my first thought was ‘I wonder how many cameramen would by on their way to Russells Hall if Snapper was playing’ ;D ;D ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Oct 2019, 18:56

PaulSmith wrote:
Good afternoon all.

Yours in football Paul
No, thank you, the coaches, and the playing staff for making football down the Grove an enjoyable event, again. The players gave everything, and that's all we ask. The lads look like they care and want to be here, and they're building a rapport with the fans. That means a lot to me, personally.

It also goes without saying, thanks to Karen, Keith and the various volunteers for laying the foundations over the last 12 months or so, to start this rebuild.

It's hopefully just the beginning of something special, and I can't wait for the ride!

Even in defeat, there's nothing to moan about. That's actually annoying me now! ;D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 07 Oct 2019, 19:57

Finally caught up watching the game back in full today after being away the weekend. Caught glimpses and was constantly checking the score on Twitter and was hoping we’d at least hold out for a replay!

Overall thought we played really well, we gave it a really good go and every man should be proud of his efforts as they gave it their all - particular standouts for me though were Reece Hewitt who was bossing the midfield before he got replaced, Sammons and Bowen also looked strong but McCone was immense at the back and probably just shaded MOTM for me.

We were unlucky with hitting the post twice but have to say Alty just about deserved it on the day though and think the last 20 mins their class probably showed through but we battled right to the end and were desperately unlucky not to get a result which we could have easily have done so on another day against a side two steps above.

Just wanted to echo the comments of others and say thank you to Paul Smith for what he has done for us in such a short space of time, it’s been said on here a number of occasions how bad things were here the past 2/3 seasons but now it’s such a transformation - the style of football we play, the fact the players give their all every game, even when we have lost you still come away entertained, we have an identity now and seem like the players want to be here which all makes coming to watch Halesowen enjoyable again.

Saturday was the first game I have missed at home this season, the feel good factor of the club is back and believe the good times are definitely coming back! Absolutely proud of this club!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Oct 2019, 20:28

I think proud of this club is an understatement. Everyone has chipped in. Owners, players managers, backroom staff and even us lot, who chipped in to help buy the club. Its so nice to feel part of something good after years of disappointment and hopelessness, in the short time Ive been going back. I think even if we didnt get promoted, we'd all be happy with the football we've seen.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 07 Oct 2019, 21:18

Poll wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 15:51
Was a bit weird watching live on the TV, and definitely spotted a few of you in the crowd.

The better team won, but if just one of those chances that hit the post had gone in it would have been a different story.

Also weird was the commentator reading out a tweet from Yeltz fan “Andy from Valencia”, but I have no idea who that could have been from.
It sure was weird watching us on the box. I never thought I’d see the day we were live on TV. Again great credit to Paul and all the staff for their hard work including Ant who has done a thoroughly great job with the pitch and looked superb. Fully deserved by all!

One thing that made me smile too was the commentator reading out the tweet from a Rob from ‘Crad-ley Heath’