Biggleswade Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Biggleswade Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 20 Apr 2019, 17:00

Well.

I suspect a microcosm of our season. We had a reasonable amount of the ball but never looked dangerous.
They just kept a fairly high line and waited for us to give it away. Which we inevitably did.
A couple of half chances, probably should have done better with the breakaway by Gilpin and Hughes, but again, instead of going for it, Gilpin cut back, then blazed it over.
And that was about it.

They all came over and applauded the 3 or 4 lads in shirts behind the goal, but I don’t expect that we’ll see many of these players after St Neots.

Overall, pretty lifeless stuff.

Ho hum. Bring on the Bumsgrove.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 20 Apr 2019, 17:05

andy wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 16:44
andy wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 16:23
YeltzDoc wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 16:19
Nice butterfly.
😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 My God it sounds good.
Anyway I know it's all A1 but you still haven't explained what possessed you to waste your bank holiday sat in traffic to watch us after we've been relegated.
Was 'millinery based shenanigans' the answer? Even for you that's bizarre.
Sorry, missed the question due to the journalistic white heat of my updates taking precedence.

Works do in this neck of the woods last night, rendering Biggleswade disappointingly convenient.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 20 Apr 2019, 17:07

And the hat stuff was a nod to their keeper.
Donning a cap due to the aforementioned sunniness, came out to the edge of the box, thought he might have to head clear so whipped the titfer off, then realising that he didn’t, caught the ball one handed and plonked his lid back on.
Chapeau.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Apr 2019, 17:17

YeltzDoc wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 17:05
andy wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 16:44
andy wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 16:23

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 My God it sounds good.
Anyway I know it's all A1 but you still haven't explained what possessed you to waste your bank holiday sat in traffic to watch us after we've been relegated.
Was 'millinery based shenanigans' the answer? Even for you that's bizarre.
Sorry, missed the question due to the journalistic white heat of my updates taking precedence.

Works do in this neck of the woods last night, rendering Biggleswade disappointingly convenient.
Ahh, better luck with the timing/destination of next do. Aberdeen in June might prevent future suffering.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Apr 2019, 17:20

YeltzDoc wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 17:07
And the hat stuff was a nod to their keeper.
Donning a cap due to the aforementioned sunniness, came out to the edge of the box, thought he might have to head clear so whipped the titfer off, then realising that he didn’t, caught the ball one handed and plonked his lid back on.
Chapeau.
Sounds more like Billy Smart's Circus. Then again we've seen some clowns this season.....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 20 Apr 2019, 19:40

Not a lot to say about the game today ... end of season game, nothing to play for... other than pride... on an awful pitch on a blistering hot day !!! No goals again, not many chances created and the one real chance that was on a plate should have been dispatched comfortably was blasted over from six yards.... story of the season... when your only getting a few chances in a game , you have to score some of them... and the others have to be on target... ok you might take fifty percent of your half chances ... but to take none.. every game is criminal.. some players are just not good enough... simple as, and need replacing... the squad for next year needs a good six or seven better players adding to it .. and a management team that wants to play decent football.... not kick and chance and hoping for an end product.... the better teams, that play a bit, are the ones that win things...... SIMPLE....

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by pantverdant2 » 13 Jan 2021, 10:57

YeltzDoc wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 16:49
And Ft.
One of your briefest and finest quotes :'(