Forum cost

Anything else goes in here...
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Forum cost

Post by andy » 26 Feb 2019, 19:01

I haven't run this by Poll (probably should have but hey ho), but it's bugged me for ages as to what cost is incurred running one of these web site thingys. I've been looking at quite a few other unofficial forums and this is so far and away the best it's untrue. We are so lucky to have it. Now I know f*ck all about computers and websites but I know you get nothing decent in this life for free. Would it be possible to set up some kind of payment option to have us all chip in to cover whatever it costs? I guess it's Poll I'm asking this to, so could have just asked him myself, but others may have some thoughts on it too.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Forum cost

Post by Poll » 26 Feb 2019, 19:29

Not much in money - a few pounds a month (so definitely no need for a whip round), and anyway it’s mostly subsidised by other hosting I do as part of my business anyway.

It takes a little bit of my time each week keeping the server healthy, now I’m running it myself after we gave up on the cheap and awful service we were previously using.

It’s nice of you to offer, but I enjoy doing it, so it’s really no problem - just doing my bit to help the club out!

Poll

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Feb 2019, 21:32

Sorry for not asking you directly but I just didn't know how much these things cost. It's great that you still put in all the effort on our behalf to keep it going, I just hated to think you might be forking out a lot on top of that. And you don't even get the regular delight of seeing our beloved team anymore (lucky so and so) to make it all worthwhile. ::)
PS Is that why you always seem to try to live so far away? ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Feb 2019, 21:47

andy wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 21:32

PS Is that why you always seem to try to live so far away? ;D
Actually if that is your plan, El Seano and Valencia have got you well beat.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Feb 2019, 09:03

What other unofficial forums are there?

I'll echo Andy's comments, and if you ever need to raise funds, let us know. I'm more than happy to chip in.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 27 Feb 2019, 20:04

Poll wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 19:29
Not much in money - a few pounds a month (so definitely no need for a whip round), and anyway it’s mostly subsidised by other hosting I do as part of my business anyway.

It takes a little bit of my time each week keeping the server healthy, now I’m running it myself after we gave up on the cheap and awful service we were previously using.

It’s nice of you to offer, but I enjoy doing it, so it’s really no problem - just doing my bit to help the club out!

Poll
Big thanks to you
I agree one of the best forums I have seen
If you ever incur any costs please ask and I will be only too glad to offer