Coalville

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Jan 2019, 18:08

piearce9 wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 18:04
Haha. Mr Blue Sky has gone rogue, I know.

I can honestly take the bad luck, the ineptitude, the general lack of ideas, the basic tactics, etc etc. But when players give up like Fitzpatrick did today I go mad.
The only good thing I have to say about Hill's time here is the fact he never tolerated less than 100% commitment.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Jan 2019, 18:15

Another slightly worrying thing is the bottom 5 are falling away from the others. Should we improve and be in the hunt to stay up 3 of those will still go. I would far rather there were 7 or 8 of us in a mess! Long way to go yet though.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Jan 2019, 18:15

What worries me, and this isn't a criticism of the new management, more of analysis, is the fact the majority of players gave up and showed nothing against Redditch. Rob Smith came out and said he wouldn't tolerate that again. Well, it happened again. So what now?

So, it's clear the current players aren't heeding his warning. Do they not have his respect?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Jan 2019, 19:06

I am still to be convinced about the talented players people refer to, and one game aside, there's been no improvement at all since the change of management.

At the start of the season there seemed to be a consensus that we had a good team, and that the league is poor. Well if the league is poor, it's an indictment on us as we consistently show we're about as poor as they come in this league.

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 05 Jan 2019, 19:10

Don't know what you're all moaning about...
Screenshot_20190105-190819_Samsung Internet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Jan 2019, 19:20

juanillo wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 19:06
I am still to be convinced about the talented players people refer to, and one game aside, there's been no improvement at all since the change of management.

At the start of the season there seemed to be a consensus that we had a good team, and that the league is poor. Well if the league is poor, it's an indictment on us as we consistently show we're about as poor as they come in this league.
It is still my belief the league is poor. We're just 'that' bad.

I have seen nothing in any opponent this season that has made me sit back and say 'they're good'.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Jan 2019, 19:35

The league is very poor. We’d be dead and buried in the Northern.

I reckon about seven or eight teams are decent in this league (Coalville included), whereas the rest are making up the numbers.

I’ve got a feeling that Barwell and Rushall might be in the relegation mix, plus the ones already down there.

This squad won’t get us out the mess, we need some new players and sharpish.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 05 Jan 2019, 19:40

Today was shocking. First half was as bad as I’ve ever have seen it no commitment no desire it almost seemed that the dressing room had already been lost without a ball being kicked. As the previous poster said sometimes Hill and Clarke didn’t have the greatest managerial tactics but one thing is a hundred percent was given always and that’s not even happening now which is the bare minimum. I am really beginning to think this was not a good appointment, new players have come and gone he’s been allowed to bring in his own players it’s not even we have got contracted players who we can’t move on. I don’t agree with the whole the team needs to jel. The players that have been brought in are compounding matters in my eyes. Rant over not happy fan 😡

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 05 Jan 2019, 19:50

Good to see that at least Dan Sweeney is trying to raise the morale via his open Twitter account. A bit more tub thumping from other players (platt aside, who has committed) would be good. A week of morale boosting and battlefield mentality from the Club and players/ management this week should be a priority. If this were to be evident, I’d be trying my own level best to get some other yeltz followers to Alvechurch next week. If abject apathy from Club and players is evident this week, then I won’t bother either.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 05 Jan 2019, 19:55

What I can't understand is that half of the team and I am including Sweeney in that were playing regularly for Hednesford, and it isn't as though they were particularly struggling in a so called better league.