Youth and U21 Teams

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzYouthTeam
Yeltz Forum Member

Youth and U21 Teams

Post by YeltzYouthTeam » 04 Sep 2018, 17:30

Hi everyone,

Not only has it been a busy period for the club and its ownership changes, it has also been a very busy period for the Youth section over the last 3 months.

The majority of last seasons successful Youth Team are now ineligible to play in the Youth league due to reaching the maximum age limit imposed. This has resulted in lots of trials taking place over the off season to recruit new players and establish a new Youth team capable of challenging in the coming seasons.

The recruitment has gone extremely well and the new Youth Team have a strong squad with some really exciting players attracted to the football club.

Youth Team matches are played midweek with a 7:45pm kick off time, and the JG lounge facilities are available for spectators at every game.

The Youth Team league table can be found by following this link, and options to see upcoming fixtures by either clicking on the team name from the leage table view, or selecting the ‘Upcoming Fixtures’ tab in the right hand display pane:
http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Index. ... =569951376

So what happened to the Youth players that became too old I hear you ask? Well, we have set up a new Under 21’s Team to create a natural progression for Youth players and in turn, a stronger link to the 1st team as these players grow in age and physicality. Again lots of trials have taken place over the previous 3 months to recruit new players and establish a team capable of performing in “The Total Motion Midland Football League”.

The U21 Team league table can be found by following this link, and options to see upcoming fixtures by either clicking on the team name from the leage table view, or selecting the ‘Upcoming Fixtures’ tab in the right hand display pane:
http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Proces ... ue=6125369

U21 matches are played on Saturday mornings, with a 10:30am kick off and the JG lounge facilities are available for spectators at every game.

Hopefully you can find your way to some of the midweek and Saturday morning games to support the players and staff involved in growing the Halesowen Town Youth section.

For those tech savvy ones amongst you, the club have created a new Twitter account for the Youth section, @HTFCU21 with the hashtag #YeltzYouth

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Youth and U21 Teams

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 04 Sep 2018, 18:39

Let's hope we start to see some youth players break through into the first team, that's the ultimate aim / goal for both the club and player. I can't help but feel that the youth side was majorly overlooked last year, frustratingly so, given the reported low playing budget, revolving player door and the brilliant success of the youth team last season.

I'm hoping to get to some youth games, especially the U-21 squad, I'm hoping it's a decent standard, I've heard it is.

It's fantastic to see the foundations are being laid for us to produce our own players. Very pleasing.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Sep 2018, 22:55

Last seasons youth team played some excellent football and they were a pleasure to watch and improve. I should imagine they'll probably be one of the younger U21 sides now but it'll be interesting to see how they develop - much like how they did in their two years as youth players. It's also great to see that the new youth side (mostly made up of 16/17 year olds) are perhaps 12 months or so younger than most opponents, but already it's great to see they play with exactly the same style and formation as the previous youth side. I think this a great way of getting continuity running through the club.
The youth/U21 side really are worthy of supporting if folk can get to watch them
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 06 Sep 2018, 08:48

RobYeltz wrote:
05 Sep 2018, 22:55
Last seasons youth team played some excellent football and they were a pleasure to watch and improve. I should imagine they'll probably be one of the younger U21 sides now but it'll be interesting to see how they develop - much like how they did in their two years as youth players. It's also great to see that the new youth side (mostly made up of 16/17 year olds) are perhaps 12 months or so younger than most opponents, but already it's great to see they play with exactly the same style and formation as the previous youth side. I think this a great way of getting continuity running through the club.
The youth/U21 side really are worthy of supporting if folk can get to watch them
That's good to hear. I'm just looking at the U-21 fixtures and it only goes as far as the end of September, am I missing something? There also seems to be a lack of home games, the first, or next one, is September 29th.

YeltzYouthTeam
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzYouthTeam » 06 Sep 2018, 12:25

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 08:48
I'm just looking at the U-21 fixtures and it only goes as far as the end of September, am I missing something?
No Josh, you are not missing anything, the league norm is to post 3-4 weeks worth of fixtures at a time. I'm sure they have valid reasons for this, but I don't know what they are.

And Yes, the U21's have been scheduled away for the first 5 games of the season. But we should also get the reverse at some point and have a lot of home games on the trot so can't complain.

For those who haven't checked the fixtures yet, the U21's are playing Kiddermister Harriers, Zortech Avenue, KIDDERMINSTER DY11 7DY, this coming Saturday 8th, 10:30am kick off.

The Youth Yeam have a local derby away to Stourbr*dge on Monday 10th, 7:45pm kick off, unless Stour 1st team draw in their FA Cup game on Saturday, in which case the Youth game will be put back 24hrs to Tuesday 11th to enable a 1st team replay on the Monday.

#YeltzYouth

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2018, 09:20

YeltzYouthTeam wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 12:25
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 08:48
I'm just looking at the U-21 fixtures and it only goes as far as the end of September, am I missing something?
No Josh, you are not missing anything, the league norm is to post 3-4 weeks worth of fixtures at a time. I'm sure they have valid reasons for this, but I don't know what they are.

And Yes, the U21's have been scheduled away for the first 5 games of the season. But we should also get the reverse at some point and have a lot of home games on the trot so can't complain.

For those who haven't checked the fixtures yet, the U21's are playing Kiddermister Harriers, Zortech Avenue, KIDDERMINSTER DY11 7DY, this coming Saturday 8th, 10:30am kick off.

The Youth Yeam have a local derby away to Stourbr*dge on Monday 10th, 7:45pm kick off, unless Stour 1st team draw in their FA Cup game on Saturday, in which case the Youth game will be put back 24hrs to Tuesday 11th to enable a 1st team replay on the Monday.

#YeltzYouth
Thanks for the information, it's appreciated.

YeltzYouthTeam
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzYouthTeam » 25 Sep 2018, 12:32

This coming Saturday 29th September, the U21's play their first home game of the season in the Challenge BOWL cup.

Our opponents are FCV Stamford (Peterborough) who have won their opening 2 games of the season and are currently sitting 4th in the Eastern Division.

Kick off is 10:30am, refreshments will be available in the JG Lounge.

For those of you not making the trip to Bedworth to watch the 1st team, why not come and support the U21's in what will be an interesting cup tie.

#YeltzYouth

YeltzYouthTeam
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzYouthTeam » 11 Oct 2018, 09:17

The U21's play their second home game of the season this Saturday 13th October, k/o 10:30am.

Usual admission prices of £3, £2, £1 apply and the JG lounge will be open for refreshments and the bumper "Yeltz breakfast" for the hungrier ones.

So if you are not going to make the 6-8 hour round trip to watch the 1st team this weekend, why not come along and watch the U21's for your Yeltz weekend fix ;D

offmehead
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by offmehead » 11 Oct 2018, 11:11

Good call. Myself +1 plan to be there. Good to see some recognisable names from the U18s of the last two years appearing in in recent U21 games.
Good luck on Saturday.

YeltzYouthTeam
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzYouthTeam » 25 Oct 2018, 17:21

The U21's are home again this coming Saturday 27th October, against a strong Rushall Olympic side, k/o 10:30am.

All are welcome and usual prices apply, £3, £2, £1. The JG lounge will be open for refreshments including the "Yeltz Breakfast"

Hope to see those of you not travelling to the first team game down at the Grove for an early Saturday kick-off ;D