Gresley

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gresley

Post by beastyyeltz » 10 Feb 2013, 17:34

swipey wrote:I'd like to take the credit for starting the singing yesterday as a chivalrous act; when zeezee wanted his daughter to start chanting with the offer of, "goo on, I'll buy yow a pint", i 'broke my cherry' of Grove singing with a rather lame "there's only one Ben haseley" which rather unsurprisingly caught on. Woke up giggling to myself today about the Ronseal keeper :)
I was suprised how well it caught on too! That was probably the best halesowen game i've been too, and that was definetly helped by the atmosphere!

You should start singing more often! ;)

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 10 Feb 2013, 17:41

yeltz85 wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:Fantastic to read that some who visited The Grove for the first time, yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Spread the word! 8)
Totally agreed. Sounds like a few newbies yesterday really enjoyed themselves.

Positivity is the way forwards. ;)
as did the sponsors in the lounge (see photos!) some at grove for 1st time,they were impressed to have such a good day out with the match and a great meal for just £20 each!..a few will be booking a `meal match day` next season for their own group of friends/business! it all helps in taking the yeltz forward....

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 10 Feb 2013, 20:19

What a match a great performance by ALL the players and fair play again to the management who in the last four games have answered us critics.

Really good to hear the singing in the shed again of the auld HALESOWEN Town FC songs.

As for the keeper from Gresley what a help he was to our atmosphere. The more he reacted the more we wound him up. Needs a lesson off the jolly green giant how to engage banter.

More of the same please from ALL.

hoppyben
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hoppyben » 10 Feb 2013, 22:10

Agree with everything thats been said Great performance 4 cracking goals (i dont think i can remember a better hat-trick than the 1 scored by Ben yesterday) great atmosphere in the ground.The team just seems to have clicked the last 6 weeks.Just wish a few more of the missing supporters would give the Yeltz another go and see how much things have improved on and off the pitch in the last 18 months.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 11 Feb 2013, 11:29

hoppyben wrote:Agree with everything thats been said Great performance 4 cracking goals (i dont think i can remember a better hat-trick than the 1 scored by Ben yesterday) great atmosphere in the ground.The team just seems to have clicked the last 6 weeks.Just wish a few more of the missing supporters would give the Yeltz another go and see how much things have improved on and off the pitch in the last 18 months.
Good to see more fans commenting on here also. Plenty of new/old timer posters on here the past few weeks! ;D

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 11 Feb 2013, 21:28

Reasons to be cheerful...

1 - We're on a good run, turn this into 9 or 10 games and Sutton are catchable.
2 - Settled squad, gutted that Cainesy has had to leave but his replacement looks just as good.
3 - When was the last time that a club at our level could boast having a player from a club of PSV's stature.
4 - We had a player on international duty this weekend!
5 - The bench on Saturday was the strongest I can remember for ages.
6 - Ben is unplayable at the moment, as already stated, the hat-trick on Saturday was excellent and his 3rd goal was something really special.
7 - Team spirit looks good, everyone is fighting for each other.
8 - Good crowd on Saturday, hopefully a few of them will keep coming up during the run in.
9 - Atmosphere in the Shed, good work lads and lasses!!!
10 - The football is really good to watch at the moment and not just because we're winning.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 11 Feb 2013, 21:56

CRH Yeltz wrote:Reasons to be cheerful...

1 - We're on a good run, turn this into 9 or 10 games and Sutton are catchable.
2 - Settled squad, gutted that Cainesy has had to leave but his replacement looks just as good.
3 - When was the last time that a club at our level could boast having a player from a club of PSV's stature.
4 - We had a player on international duty this weekend!
5 - The bench on Saturday was the strongest I can remember for ages.
6 - Ben is unplayable at the moment, as already stated, the hat-trick on Saturday was excellent and his 3rd goal was something really special.
7 - Team spirit looks good, everyone is fighting for each other.
8 - Good crowd on Saturday, hopefully a few of them will keep coming up during the run in.
9 - Atmosphere in the Shed, good work lads and lasses!!!
10 - The football is really good to watch at the moment and not just because we're winning.
Equally important, John Hill and his crew looking to be shrewd appointment

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 12 Feb 2013, 14:17

Other teams 'fear' Halesowen, when was the last time this happened,
http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=59549.0

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 12 Feb 2013, 16:58

According to that we are the closest thing to a one man team, but is that true? The other players create the chances for him, he just burys em' ;)

P.S Who's up for another sing song against Loughborough? :D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Feb 2013, 19:05

Definitely NOT a one man team. A lot of players are starting to click right now, add to that the best striker in the league means we SHOULD be feared. I just hope so much that Ben stays and gives us that realistic chance of competing at a higher level sooner rather than later.