Sheffield FC Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Sheffield FC Updates

Post by yeltz85 » 12 Jan 2013, 17:53

yeltz85 wrote:
Carlin wrote:Excellent result. Makes the Stamford game all the more interesting. Lets hope for another great game and possibly a good gate. Up the yeltz ;D
Totally agree, should be a decent crowd I would have thought. Stamford lost at home to Leek today who seem to be on a bit of a roll...

We then have two games away against Kidsgrove and Rainworth, should make an interesting close to the season!
Ive just been informed that the Rainworth game may not be on as they are in the doodson cup that night...

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 12 Jan 2013, 22:33

Today I take back my words of a couple of games ago about Hill only having two players Warmer and Haseley from the other week.
ALL the players did the Yeltz proud and put in a good shift despite the ref not seeing the fouls committed by Sheffield. In particular their no 4 who because he screamed enough kept getting decisions and was seen telling no 3 (Chris Waddles son) to use his elbows on our player.
Ben had shook them up with a 4 minute goal and both sides had chances and Sheffield getting more and more physical. Just before half time Ben picked up and injury from a tussle with No 4 who had earlier blown some Yeltz fans a kiss after their comments. As they walked off No 4 was laughing and joking to or at Ben.

Second half kicked of and within 30 seconds Ben has scored a second his way I think of dealing with No 4.
All our team battled and Jean Michel kept running by Waddle Jnr who was getting more and more frustrated.
After Bens 3rd he had a chance for four when one on one with the keeper and unselfishly passed across the goal for Corbett who was unable to finish.

Keep it up lads and gaffer well done.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 13 Jan 2013, 05:58

JohnC, for you to "take back your words" shows what a proper man and Yeltz fan you are and I applaud you - I myself am always correcting myself on here and don't mind it one bit; after being a bit negative at the start of the year (again from myself) there is definitely a good vibe at Halesowen.
I'll be careful not to get carried away because 2 thumping victories back to back from a goal machine doesn't make the season but I'm looking at our run-in and as the RMW game may be off end of the month because of the Dude cup - a game that I felt was important because we embarrassed ourselves when they visited The Grove - I think 2013 will be a good one for Yeltz.

I'd ask all the stat peeps (which is, um, all of yers) to look at the table today - the play offs are doable, very doable and teams like Stamford (who we outplayed first half at their ground) & KL (again we were unlucky away to them) are having a slump that may well see them slide down the table.

We must keep up the hard work and although that's 8 goals in 2 games hopefully JH has finally 'clicked' his team into place yet I still personally haven't made my mind up about him - the forum on the 7th will be interesting and those 2 signings look awesome.

Any news on Khan? Injured?
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 13 Jan 2013, 09:01

Khan went off injured which creates the possibility of his return to Worcester.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 13 Jan 2013, 12:37

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:Khan went off injured which creates the possibility of his return to Worcester.
How so?

Was he on loan? ???
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Jan 2013, 17:46

swipey wrote:
Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:Khan went off injured which creates the possibility of his return to Worcester.
How so?

Was he on loan? ???
Only here to get some games under his belt i believe.
Just how fortunate are we to have a finisher like Ben playing for us? I hope he's like the Joinsons and doesn't ever want to leave!!! Who knows with one or two more quality additions he may feel this is the place to be. Positive vibes returning or too soon to tell?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 13 Jan 2013, 20:21

I do hope with someone like Khan's quality he will realise that he will probabaly get in the first team if he stays and continues, I dont think its any co-incidence that we have kept two clean sheets since his arrival.

I do think that our squad is stronger than it was this time last season and we are looking to improve all the time.

Had a search around the net and found these bits from the weekend,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61081400@N ... 501056151/

http://theballisround.co.uk/2013/01/13/ ... -football/