Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 05 Jan 2013, 17:38

I retract my comments re: Arshad - he had a good game! :-[

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 05 Jan 2013, 18:11

Who was at the tunnel at the end of the game? As one of the Romulus coaches walked past, I shouted (with no offence meant) 'going down'. The coach turned on his heel and confronted me saying 'if you say that again I will smash you'. Although I regret the comment and apologise, I had no intention of upsetting anyone, and if your a coach surely you would ignore that. Again, i regret the comment but there was no need for that reaction.

Overall, great game, I enjoyed it very much and I was also shocked by the result. Well done town! ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Jan 2013, 18:46

Clinical finishing and a decent performance showed what we really are capable of. Romulus were poor, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. Very pleasing, more please.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 05 Jan 2013, 19:42

Shabir Khan = loan signing from Worcester:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabir_Khan

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 05 Jan 2013, 19:48

Our first 5-0 since 9/12/2008 against Stourport in Worcs Sen,
BUSSEY SMITH COWLEY BRISCOE CANOVILLE BARRETO* CORNWALL
CASKEY* PALMER DANKS** GOUVEIA*
in League away at Cirencester 4/9/2004 Jimmy Haarhoff hat-trick
TAYLOR COOPER FORSDICK JONES POPE* CHARLTON#
COWLEY BURGESS HAARHOFF*** BAKER STRACHAN
SKIDMORE S DANKS GROCUTT STEANE CHARLTON

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 05 Jan 2013, 20:19

Good win against a poor team. But that dose'nt mean i'm taking anything away from our performance.We realy worked hard all over the feild. Bens second killed em off and you could see that our front 2 could smell goals in the 2nd half. Best game i've seen Botfeild have ,and Khan looked like a player we have been screaming out for. Experianced, strong, calm, and played football from the back. (didnt just lamp it forward). Hope we can keep it up in the next 2 games

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 05 Jan 2013, 20:33

beastyyeltz wrote:Who was at the tunnel at the end of the game? As one of the Romulus coaches walked past, I shouted (with no offence meant) 'going down'. The coach turned on his heel and confronted me saying 'if you say that again I will smash you'. Although I regret the comment and apologise, I had no intention of upsetting anyone, and if your a coach surely you would ignore that. Again, i regret the comment but there was no need for that reaction.

Overall, great game, I enjoyed it very much and I was also shocked by the result. Well done town! ;D

I was by the tunnel I have to correct you beasty he asked who said it, he was obviously upset and you admitted it was you he said "you are only a youngster and it was not a nice thing to say. You need to learn as had you been older you are likely to get your face smashed in saying those sort of things and had you been older he would have hit you".

Best thing to do is cheer your team off and ignore or just clap the opposition off. Just think how you would feel had you been on the receiving end of a thumping.

I do agree coaches, players and officials should not react but they are human (mostly),

Back to the footie eat words about losing without warmer. Will still be pleased when he is back,
Not taking away the result Romulus were poor and Coleman had very little to do all afternoon,
Well done to the players and management on this occasion.

Until MOM announced did not know Jolly Boys had sponsored match as they were very quiet!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Jan 2013, 22:03

JohnC wrote:
beastyyeltz wrote:Who was at the tunnel at the end of the game? As one of the Romulus coaches walked past, I shouted (with no offence meant) 'going down'. The coach turned on his heel and confronted me saying 'if you say that again I will smash you'. Although I regret the comment and apologise, I had no intention of upsetting anyone, and if your a coach surely you would ignore that. Again, i regret the comment but there was no need for that reaction.

I was by the tunnel I have to correct you beasty he asked who said it, he was obviously upset and you admitted it was you he said "you are only a youngster and it was not a nice thing to say. You need to learn as had you been older you are likely to get your face smashed in saying those sort of things and had you been older he would have hit you".

Best thing to do is cheer your team off and ignore or just clap the opposition off. Just think how you would feel had you been on the receiving end of a thumping.

I do agree coaches, players and officials should not react but they are human (mostly),

Back to the footie eat words about losing without warmer. Will still be pleased when he is back,
Not taking away the result Romulus were poor and Coleman had very little to do all afternoon,
Well done to the players and management on this occasion.

Until MOM announced did not know Jolly Boys had sponsored match as they were very quiet!
They were probably all enjoying the hospitality, beer and food too much. :-)

On a plus side of the eight home (or nine, can't remember) matches left this season only two are left to sponsor. Just shows how far we have come off the pitch. Last season only four games were sponsored.