Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown

Post by watsisnerm » 02 Jan 2013, 09:58

sponsors are not related to manager

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 02 Jan 2013, 09:59

Yes really disappointing. Missed loads of good chances first half - just about excusable. What wasn't.was the truly awful second half capitulation after Warmer went off. Very lucky to escape with a draw. So many coaches etc on the touch line but the players on the pitch seemed unfit and lacking in confidence. Maybe some of our comments don't always help but blimey yesterday we once again paid money for a standard of Halesowen play that was barely worth free. Whilst I dont always agree with the fan who kept shouting that 'without Haseley and Warmer Hill doesn't. Have anything' he did have a valid point yesterday.
Surely we can expect fit and sharp players even on new years day -Chasetown managed it.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 02 Jan 2013, 12:24

yeltz85 wrote:Can't believe Hucknall only started with 8 players. Makes a mockery of the league if true and surely they will be fined? What's the odds on them finishing the season?
We may have had more turn up but unfortunately certainly less than they had performed to an acceptable standard win, lose or draw.

Shame again a decent crowd (not sure how many Chasetown) and we underperformed.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 02 Jan 2013, 15:06

yeltz85 wrote:Can't believe Hucknall only started with 8 players. Makes a mockery of the league if true and surely they will be fined? What's the odds on them finishing the season?
I recall we had a difficult experience on New Year's Day 2012
http://ht-fc.com/djs-match-reports-2011 ... -town.html
At our level players not on contract may not have the commitment. Times must be difficult at Hucknall, no doubt the League will punish but let's hope they survive. It would be sad to see another club go under......and we'd lose 3 points!

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 02 Jan 2013, 16:39

Think we all need to still give it time. It does seem that we only have a few players that are good enougth for the top end of this league. If we could just get a couple more in that are up to the job i think we would have a strong team. I feel we are moving in the right direction all be it slow. I look at Hucknall ,and think our recent history was'nt to disimular. I'm grateful that we are moving forward off the feild, and feel that John will get it right on the feild (eventuly). Just got to give it time.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 02 Jan 2013, 20:44

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
I recall we had a difficult experience on New Year's Day 2012
http://ht-fc.com/djs-match-reports-2011 ... -town.html
At our level players not on contract may not have the commitment. Times must be difficult at Hucknall, no doubt the League will punish but let's hope they survive. It would be sad to see another club go under......and we'd lose 3 points!

I remember us having several occasions when we couldn't field 11 players under previous ownership, I just hope something is sorted at Hucknall, even if it means reforming under the guidance of people who care.