SCT updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: SCT updates

Post by Carlin » 26 Dec 2012, 21:21

Not a good performance . They was'nt much better. Dont know what happened with there first. Bit of a freak goal. Missed Warmer in the middle. Got too get some sort of consistency together soon times running out. Cant see it starting at Coalviile sat.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 26 Dec 2012, 23:18

I just can't see where our next win is going to come from....

Lets be realistic, we ay gonna beat Coalville, and Chasetown is also unlikely. The game after is a possibility against Romulus, but then we go away to Sheffield and Stamford. It's easy to say after Market Drayton that they if we are consistent enough we could scrape the play-offs.... but now im VERY worried about us slipping down the table.

I wasn't there today but it sounded like we played s**t for 20 minutes which cost us the game.We cannot afford to keep playing like this and John Hill really needs to book his ideas up a bit.

Although this maybe tough times for us, but (apart from the fact this my first season as a proper yeltz fan) i will remain faithul (as all of you will) and this is just the beginning of us laying our foundations. But we need to start getting good performances again. Up the Yeltz ;D

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 27 Dec 2012, 13:42

beastyyeltz wrote:It's easy to say after Market Drayton that they if we are consistent enough we could scrape the play-offs.... but now im VERY worried about us slipping down the table.
Should be ok - 13 points clear of the bottom two. Romulus 1 win in 11 and Hucknall bcak to earth after 2 great wins with an 8-1 home defeat.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 27 Dec 2012, 15:59

I was very unimpressed with the lob to the point i thought it had gone for a goal kick until i saw the Sutton players congregating for some serious stealth bumming. Sutton were poor and Yeltz were worse. It didn't bode well either pulling into the ground seeing JH pacing up and down talking frantically into his mobile. A poor performance and i Can't see us playing much worse. I am actually thinking about going to a few Sutton games when i move up there in the New year if Yeltz aren't playing and I'll make damn sure i welcome the away fans more than the reception we got yesterday. Big shout to Sutton car park attendant who made it quite clear he didn't Want to be there. Big shout to oldgit for finally meeting the legend :)
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 27 Dec 2012, 17:27

Odd game that a neutral would have watched and struggled to see how the two teams were 3rd and 7th. Not sure if the conditions affected it. As seems to be the common view, I didn't think the first goal had gone in until the SCT players began to celebrate. We definitely missed Warmer yesterday and as a result, the midfield struggled to get going.

I think Coalville is a write-off (although they only drew 0-0 yesterday) but we can get points against the Scholars and Romulus. Thinking that the playoffs might be a little too far for us but the league seems to be one where if you can string together 4 or 5 wins in a row, you're right back in.

Swipey, good point about the car park attendant. Happy soul wasn't he! A definite graduate of the Saddam Hussein Charm School.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 27 Dec 2012, 18:39

juanillo wrote:
beastyyeltz wrote:It's easy to say after Market Drayton that they if we are consistent enough we could scrape the play-offs.... but now im VERY worried about us slipping down the table.
Should be ok - 13 points clear of the bottom two. Romulus 1 win in 11 and Hucknall bcak to earth after 2 great wins with an 8-1 home defeat.
When I said slipping down the table, i didn't mean relegation (sorry, shouldn't have said the R word :-X ) , just that we might find ourselves we were last season, or maybe slightly lowly in 13-15th place. One thing i do agree with you though, is that Hucknall and Romulus will nick the relegation places (not that im complaining ;D ) and we will be safe...... just.

Going back to the last comment, i stand to be corrected, and maybe we could push on to he top 8. Then again I would be very pleased if i was proved wrong ;D ;D ;D ;D

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 27 Dec 2012, 20:03

CRH Yeltz wrote:Swipey, good point about the car park attendant. Happy soul wasn't he! A definite graduate of the Saddam Hussein Charm School.
I think I also had the grave misfortune of giving my hard earned cash to this singularly miserable individual.
Very reluctant to sell me a programme due to lack of change. Noticably no receipt / turnstile click? Hmmm??

Perhaps he used to mow the lawn at Coles Lane in a previous life, and is now accordingly disgruntled as his duties are now reduced to oiling a disused sit on. Just maybe he had nothing to do with SCTFC at all.
King of Hi - Viz?? ;)

cc Mr N. Blackwell, Lord Mayor of Merseyside

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 28 Dec 2012, 05:22

Although light-hearted, the CP attendant we're giving grief to may need to be spoken to by STCFC if he's the first point of contact representing the club as a 'welcome'.

Granted, it was wet & cold and he was probably in fear of us beating them ( :-X ) but that to me was just plain unprofessional and we had the same incident with the programme selling/correct change tantrum; we were better welcomed at King's Lynn...

As for Halesowen, on the occasion I get to sell programmes at the Stourbr*dge end turnstile, I love greeting the away fans and Guesty nearly faints because I'm so polite - mind you, I applauded the Hucknall players as they walked off the pitch: they deserved it :)
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!