Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover Nearly Christmas Sprouts Updates

Post by andy » 15 Dec 2012, 17:03

Lost 3-2 :(

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 15 Dec 2012, 20:36

Natruly dissapointed with todays result. But i think it shows what a tight league it is. Apart from the top 2 or 3 teams. I realy don't think theres alot between the next 10 or 12 teams. We've got a tricky festive period coming up so hopefully we can pick up a few points off the teams above and around us. Come on you Yeltzmen i'm starting to dream of the playoffs.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 16 Dec 2012, 20:32

i'm starting to dream of the playoffs.[/quote]

I hate to be a pessimist but i wouldnt get ur hopes up,but who knows? maybe johnny boy might finally get the spark he has been looking for and get us up :) 5 months is a lot of time to do somert

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 16 Dec 2012, 21:13

Result aside, had a good day up at Sports. Good bar, good food, friendly locals who good banter was had with and a few mates from work with no connection to us came and had a look, all of whom were very complimentary with how we are trying to play.

I felt we had two spells where we lost our way and these were the times at which we conceded all of the goals. The second goal was the worst with non-existent marking and three players getting drawn in to stop the short corner. I was behind the goal and Deano's inquest echoed my own thoughts here.

That said, some positives from the game included the way we moved the ball during our better spells, Tom's influence is showing with each game he plays and its noticeable that Sports tightened up on him in the 2nd half as he was running the show in the first 45. Ben also took both of his goals well.

Thought their number 10 was excellent and was the pick of the players on show, based on their performance yesterday, they look to be in a false position. However, the locals were saying that yesterday was the best they'd played at home this season. Case of trying to impress whoever they bring in maybe?

Hope that Cainsey is ok, he didn't half go over just before half time, looked like an ankle from where I was.

Now we have a tough set of games coming up with the next 3 against top 6 teams, it could define whether its playoffs or mid-table for us in my opinion. 5 or more points and it could be on...

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Dec 2012, 22:40

On the way there worry was a lot of flooding visible from the A38.
The ground looked a bit heavy however, was the same for both teams.
Jean and the team has 10mins or so of good possession.
There keeper saved and then had to save from his save our only chance to start.
Mickle then came into the game a bit and from there first shot a chip over the tall Deano went in.
MR HILL & CO Defenders and midfield required.
Ben then got a goal back.

Then Mickle seemed dangerous every time up our goal and the club house roof and tent took a beating as they missed more then went in. However, as match of the day stats normally show more chances = more goals.
Unfortunately a couple of our players (Not Ben) missed a couple of good chances.
Also majority of our team forgot that we were playing in blue.
Once again the good Yeltz away following was left frustrated.
We tried the hoof up and hope where we decide is where Ben can run to get the ball, but it often went the wrong way to Ben and made the keeper before he could get there.

Homework for Tuesday and Thursday practice passing to each other and colour of our strip recognition test.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 19 Dec 2012, 22:37

JohnC wrote: We tried the hoof up and hope where we decide is where Ben can run to get the ball, but it often went the wrong way to Ben and made the keeper before he could get there.
When will we learn about the hopeful long balls? I find it extremely frustrating and it needs to be cut out. We are not going to break down their defence by simply hoofing it and hoping it will find super Ben. We need to pass it around like Coalville did.