MDT

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: MDT

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Dec 2012, 17:27

I know that it's nearly Christmas, but did we have to "show goodwill to all men" to MDT and nearly gift them a point? ???
Despite our determination not to embarrass our opponents by scoring a hatful, we managed to hang onto a fortuitous early goal. However, a win is a win.

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 08 Dec 2012, 21:13

should of killed em off with a couple more. But to me the main thing is we showed strength to hold on and defend our lead without to much panic or confusion. Well done yeltzmen. :)

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 08 Dec 2012, 23:04

Much better game today. Performances are getting better each week. We missed Barny and Kelly last weekend and it showed. Bowen had his best game for the club in my opinion and wasn't far off MOM.

Onwards and upwards. Where was the crowd though? Four wins in five... Everyone gone Christmas shopping?

Interesting result at Hucknall, beat Kings Lynn 4-2!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 08 Dec 2012, 23:37

As I gazed around the empty terraces this afternoon I too wondered where the crowd had gone, but on reflection, having just looked at the north and south divisions, only 3 out of 18 attendances were better than us !!! and those 3 have no competition within many miles of them !!
Also note that the S****bridge hordes have dwindled down to 317 !!!

A bit of a reality check !!!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 09 Dec 2012, 00:10

Agreed. It seems crowds were down overall across the league and as you say. Still one of the highest...

I do feel though if we keep playing like we are and are thereabouts at the end of the season we should see crowds rise.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 09 Dec 2012, 09:41

old git wrote:As I gazed around the empty terraces this afternoon I too wondered where the crowd had gone, but on reflection, having just looked at the north and south divisions, only 3 out of 18 attendances were better than us !!! and those 3 have no competition within many miles of them !!
Also note that the S****bridge hordes have dwindled down to 317 !!!

A bit of a reality check !!!
which leads to the never ending problem of fielding a competitive team and running a club on such attendance levels.
The attendance at the Vase match 30 years ago and featured on the official site this week was 235, we are back to attendances below that level but faced with higher levels of expenditure?

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 09 Dec 2012, 10:34

i'm doing my best to encourage some old fans down. Its abit like they have lost intrest since the MM years and after. I'l keep doing my best

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 09 Dec 2012, 11:27

A well deserved win which no one could deny. Never have I seen a Yeltz side control a game and score so few. Although we had loads of chances.
But 3 points is 3 points and those who stayed away missed a very good game.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Dec 2012, 12:40

I was just pleased to see us trying to play 'proper' football. Some of the movement and interchange of passing was very pleasing on the eye. When we needed to play longer balls they were not just hopeful punts but well aimed passes, usually to the tireless Ben, who caused them all sorts of problems and on another day could have had five. Tom and Barney dominated the centre of the park and we defended better than of late. I enjoyed it, well done lads.