Mickleover Sports Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover Sports Updates

Post by Steve Glass » 20 Aug 2012, 09:48

For me it was really disappointing. Too many mis placed passes and not enough energy until the subs came on from most of the players. In theory we have some much better players than last year, so lets hope the attitude, energy and tactics improve. Miraculously we got a larger crowd than Stourbr*dge and others - but it wont last long if we keep having matches like Saturday. Thought pre-season training was to get to a competitive level on everything but there was little evidence of those here.

YeltzRob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzRob » 20 Aug 2012, 12:44

Mickleover deserved the win, played on the ground from the start whilst we hoofed it around. Strange how we started to play football after going down to 10 which is the opposite of what you'd expect. Maybe the subs are better footballers. Either way, I enjoyed watching it more once they came on. It was pleasing that we never stopped trying and got the goal in the end. Terrible penalty; appalling challenge for the sending off.

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 21 Aug 2012, 14:21

Having thought a bit about the match ( in which we were no match) on Saturday, teamed together with the forum the other week, I will have to say I am a little disappointed!

I was rather optimistic for this coming season, more experienced players, better discipline, something to cheer! However I was left with the feeling of 'here we go again' . To me it seems like the season never finished and we are carrying on from last year! Yes the club is moving forward off the pitch, which is fantastic, but what will it all be for in the long run? 150 diehard fans hoping to be entertained for another season only to find a different team playing the same way as they did the season before even with better players!

I'm not very optimistic for the FA cup match on Saturdays performance, but then again if we played a bit more like we did in the last ten minutes on Saturday I can see light at the end of the tunnel, with this said I doubt the management will see it that way, and revert back to the same team!

I hope I am drastically wrong!