Global Moderator

Re: Alverchurch updates

Post by HalesowenHarry » 05 Mar 2024, 22:29

8 straight wins left #playoffsherewecome

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 05 Mar 2024, 22:44

Tom Taylor never missed a header all night! Great defending.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Mar 2024, 22:46

Looked a far more organised team tonight. The 3 at the back worked, and 2 up top actually made us look threatening. Who'd have thought it. ::) Miracle and Boothe worked hard and though little was created in the first half, the signs were there. A couple of missed opportunities in the second half left us wondering if it was going to be yet another one of those games but the front two deservedly bagged a goal apiece to give us the spoils. Well done lads. And yes, we really did score from a corner.....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 06 Mar 2024, 07:13

WIP….more important now for manager to assess the squad, get them playing to his style or pattern of playing football….. Great to get a win and would be lovely to finish of the season,as we started, with a flourish and get everything in place for next season…. Well done on the win and again fantastic support, where again we outnumbered the home attendance…

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 06 Mar 2024, 08:43

Decent match that in the end and hopefully back to winning ways like (regardless of opinions on managers) I think everyone thought we were capable of eventually.

Speaking of the manager, he's got a nice headache now with Boothe scoring. I'm sure With The Budget We Have™ he was eyeing up trying to disrupt Mbappe's move this summer but now we got two strikers scoring he'd be surplus.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Mar 2024, 10:17

TractionJackson wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 08:43
Decent match that in the end and hopefully back to winning ways like (regardless of opinions on managers) I think everyone thought we were capable of eventually.

Speaking of the manager, he's got a nice headache now with Boothe scoring. I'm sure With The Budget We Have™ he was eyeing up trying to disrupt Mbappe's move this summer but now we got two strikers scoring he'd be surplus.
Spot on this.
But if Smith was still managing, we'd have signed him, played him for 10 minutes against Mickleover, sat him on the bench til Coalville and then loaned him off to Malvern Town, before he left us.
New face, new broom eh!?

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 06 Mar 2024, 10:29

Well, what a difference giving Miracle some support, (Booth was excellent all game) and having a clear structure and organisation from set pieces make. Couple those two basics with the right attitude and tempo from the players meant we earned a deserved 3 points. I can only assume that we have worked hard on set pieces since Penn took over, because the difference in attacking and defending them was night and day. As was winning the second balls when set pieces were cleared.

That second half performance was as good as any we have put in this season, on what was a poor pitch against a side in some good form.

Two examples of the attitude and desire that has been missing in recent times:

- Haywood ducking his head and winning a ball to win back possession early on in the first half, where he could have easily took a boot to the fact.
- Wynter's block late on in the second half, where he threw his body on the line.

Simple actions, but it really does show the shift in desire from what we have seen over the past few months. Which adds to my frustrations for this season, really. The players have to shoulder some criticism and share some of the blame for how our season has imploded. Where has this effort and desire been for the last 20 games? If we simply applied the attitude showed last night during the poor run we would still be well within a play-off race.

Oh well, what could have been - but at least there's a lot of positivity to take going forward. Very pleased.

TractionJackson - Speaking of budget, yet another away game where the Yeltz travelling support outnumbers the home support - who average just 293. YeltzBaby was correct in the other thread when they said no one truly knows the budgets of the rest of the league, and it is pure guess work. But come on, you can't tell me that the Yeltz have not got a competitive budget purely based on attendances alone!

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 06 Mar 2024, 10:53

drummyb wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:17
TractionJackson wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 08:43

Spot on this.
But if Smith was still managing, we'd have signed him, played him for 10 minutes against Mickleover, sat him on the bench til Coalville and then loaned him off to Malvern Town, before he left us.
New face, new broom eh!?
Well, if Kylian didn't bother getting a round in on the Dublin trip then he'd only have himself to blame.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 06 Mar 2024, 11:01

Josh1873 wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 10:29
TractionJackson - Speaking of budget, yet another away game where the Yeltz travelling support outnumbers the home support - who average just 293. YeltzBaby was correct in the other thread when they said no one truly knows the budgets of the rest of the league, and it is pure guess work. But come on, you can't tell me that the Yeltz have not got a competitive budget purely based on attendances alone!
Well yeah the crowd income isn't in dispute but it would be wrong to just assume that will get funnelled into a transfer budget surely? If there is any correlation between crowd sizes and money spent on players in non-league I've not seen it (I stand to be corrected there).

Keith could have a delibilating crack habit for all we know!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Mar 2024, 12:27

As Ive said before, the Brookes didnt make the crowd funding total to buy the club, so there may be a loan being paid off.. There clearly is some money though, as we've took on the Yeltz bar and new club shop.
Nobody does know, bar the club, but Im confident it is being spent wisely.