Brightgoldenhaze wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 19:57
andy wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 16:17
Johnny Bud wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 16:16
Sub: Hickman on for Hayward

Plot well and truly lost.
Curious why you thought that Andy. It's harsh to single him out but he can have no complaints about being taken off today. Unusually, it looked like his head had gone down too.
Fair question. At the time it looked to me like yet another bizzare substitution. I felt like we were losing the kind of workhorse we desperately needed to even remotely stay in the game, for a player who I felt would add nothing. As it turned out I was wrong, as Hickman injected a bit of pace and quality down the right hand side. As for everything else, I think I will wait until tomorrow rather than a post beer rant.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Royston Updates

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 24 Feb 2024, 22:03

24 Feb 2024, 21:48
24 Feb 2024, 19:57
24 Feb 2024, 16:17

Plot well and truly lost.
Curious why you thought that Andy. It's harsh to single him out but he can have no complaints about being taken off today. Unusually, it looked like his head had gone down too.
Fair question. At the time it looked to me like yet another bizzare substitution. I felt like we were losing the kind of workhorse we desperately needed to even remotely stay in the game, for a player who I felt would add nothing. As it turned out I was wrong, as Hickman injected a bit of pace and quality down the right hand side. As for everything else, I think I will wait until tomorrow rather than a post beer rant.
Measured response and I think you're spot on.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 24 Feb 2024, 22:47

24 Feb 2024, 21:16
drummyb wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 21:07
Well I don't think you're mad ;D
It what I expected before the season tbh. Its the performances that have let me down, rather than results/position.
We've got enough to stay up already, but how many points do you think we'll get in March?
That is a tough one. 6 games and only 1 at home. On current form between 4 and 6 at a guestimate. Certainly no more than 10.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 24 Feb 2024, 23:13

TractionJackson wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 21:31
Rich wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 20:48
Most importantly I hope Josh is ok. Looked a nasty injury and he seemed in a lot of pain.
Although very disappointed with today think the final score didnt do the lads justice for their effort.
The first goal was poor and the penalty came from a silly mistake but it killed the game.
Credit to the lads for their efforts after and we created several chances to score but a bit of composure and a clinical finish lacking.

Saying that though something is seriously wrong within the group and today was the first time I heard players arguing between themselves on the pitch.
The Gaffer seemed very quiet compared to his usual self and haven't seen him sit down and not be shouting to players before. This seems very strange.

Think its time to think about next seasons team and for Paul to start moulding players inpo positions and look at areas to strengthen. Defence does look solid if we can eliminate silly errors. Midfield maybe a new player and I really feel we need a new experienced forward.

Even before the game the crowd seemed very flat today and you felt the expectation for a loss was there.
Lets hope the lads can refocus and come again next week and get a result to regain some confidence.
My take on Paul Smith is he has done so much good for the club he should be allowed (if he wants to) to rebuild a team and see how the first half of next season goes
Agree with everything said there. Bang on.
Paul Smith rebuilt the team this year, but ultimately they haven't been that good. Does he really know what is needed at this level, and can he attract the right players. In his Interview tonight he said they have been trying to bring in a striker, but haven't managed to get the deal over the line. Keep saying defence looks solid. First 9 games of season, 5 clean sheets, 21 games since and just 1 clean sheet, and that against Stourbr*dge. You might get away with conceding goals, if you are scoring at the other end, but unfortunately we haven't., and a lot of that comes down to the formation which he is responsible for.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 25 Feb 2024, 09:05

Simons wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 23:13
TractionJackson wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 21:31
Rich wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 20:48
Most importantly I hope Josh is ok. Looked a nasty injury and he seemed in a lot of pain.
Although very disappointed with today think the final score didnt do the lads justice for their effort.
The first goal was poor and the penalty came from a silly mistake but it killed the game.
Credit to the lads for their efforts after and we created several chances to score but a bit of composure and a clinical finish lacking.

Saying that though something is seriously wrong within the group and today was the first time I heard players arguing between themselves on the pitch.
The Gaffer seemed very quiet compared to his usual self and haven't seen him sit down and not be shouting to players before. This seems very strange.

Think its time to think about next seasons team and for Paul to start moulding players inpo positions and look at areas to strengthen. Defence does look solid if we can eliminate silly errors. Midfield maybe a new player and I really feel we need a new experienced forward.

Even before the game the crowd seemed very flat today and you felt the expectation for a loss was there.
Lets hope the lads can refocus and come again next week and get a result to regain some confidence.
My take on Paul Smith is he has done so much good for the club he should be allowed (if he wants to) to rebuild a team and see how the first half of next season goes
Agree with everything said there. Bang on.
Paul Smith rebuilt the team this year, but ultimately they haven't been that good. Does he really know what is needed at this level, and can he attract the right players. In his Interview tonight he said they have been trying to bring in a striker, but haven't managed to get the deal over the line. Keep saying defence looks solid. First 9 games of season, 5 clean sheets, 21 games since and just 1 clean sheet, and that against Stourbr*dge. You might get away with conceding goals, if you are scoring at the other end, but unfortunately we haven't., and a lot of that comes down to the formation which he is responsible for.
Apart from goals conceded cant remember Platty having to make too many saves in recent matches. Think Wynter and Taylor make agood central partnership and Eze and Mitchell do their jobs and support us attacking whenever possible.
It was our first season at this level so harder to judge what the standard would be. Paul knows now so time to move on and get the right players for next season

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 25 Feb 2024, 09:58

Maybe so, but still only 11 wins from 30 games. First 9 games, 5 wins and 4 draws, 19 points. Since then 22 points out of a possible 62, not a great record

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 25 Feb 2024, 10:52

drummyb wrote: ↑
24 Feb 2024, 21:33
24 Feb 2024, 21:28
Where's Yeltzbaby?
At a party for our League position 😁.
Thats a joke by the way!!

Andy - thanks for asking right here buddy. I am fine btw
Drummyb - funny mate

All I can say is - like you all I love football, I have stated several times that football nowadays is more and more about instant reactions and fans (in general) live from one result to another.

ATM this is reminding me of Charlton Athletic who eventually parted company with Alan Curbishley who after giving that club the best 5 to 10 years in their entire history - slowly but surely over the course of one 'relatively' underperforming season became suddenly 'not good enough' and got hounded out by a large section of the fan base, 90% of whom jumped on that very same glory bandwagon thats curbishley gave them. Clubs in free fall ever since and are miles off where they were, and guess what 90% of the bandwagon jumpers have since stopped following them.

I guess thats football and I guess thats my opinion. Careful what you wish for as it might, just might, not get any better than this, under a different manager or not...........clarke from redditch do me a favour LOL. Seems a bit defeatist but it could also be very realistic. Gosh its a tough life isnt it? LOL

Onwards and upwards - we go again

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 25 Feb 2024, 11:24

Well then yeltzbaby , how long do we give Smith to put it right ?