TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Royston Updates

Post by TractionJackson » 25 Feb 2024, 16:52

drummyb wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 16:08
TractionJackson wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 15:57
Some pretty great patronising comments going on here.

Keep up the good work lads. Me and the other guys who arent football-minded need this education. Fact.
I don't think anyone is patronising anyone fella. Stop looking for fights!! People are angry with whats happening and expressing opinions. No more, no less.
Aw that means I put my Stone Island touchscreen gloves on for nothing

BartleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BartleyYeltz » 25 Feb 2024, 16:55

When people say he’s earned the chance, surely we’ve gone past that stage a little now. While not diminishing the cup run in any way let’s remember it was just a cup run and over 3 years ago now.
We struggled to get up out the league below with a massively bigger budget then anyone else at that level.

We have a very big budget for this division and I doubt if many others have one bigger.
Can anyone tell me what is our style? What formation we play? Who our best eleven is?

Paul Smith is too close to some of the players, sees himself as one of the lads maybe?

He’s done wonders for this club and we should be grateful for what he’s done but maybe it is time to try and progress further and in doing so a hard decision will have to be made.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 25 Feb 2024, 17:00

I think you probably do need educating Traction, if you think you’ve been watching FOOTBALL !!!!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Feb 2024, 17:08

TractionJackson wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 16:52
drummyb wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 16:08
TractionJackson wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 15:57
Some pretty great patronising comments going on here.

Keep up the good work lads. Me and the other guys who arent football-minded need this education. Fact.
I don't think anyone is patronising anyone fella. Stop looking for fights!! People are angry with whats happening and expressing opinions. No more, no less.
Aw that means I put my Stone Island touchscreen gloves on for nothing
Cheap knocks off from Temu. Stun Island 👍

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 25 Feb 2024, 17:24

Think there is danger of an echo chamber forming here. Plenty of valid points being made about the football, lack of flexibility, and lack of fight (the stats about what happens when we go behind even worse than when I initially worked it all out), BUT, there are some vocal fans who just don't like the bloke and wouldn't be happy if he managed to feed the whole of Halesowen out of a chip buttie.

Was yesterday *really* that bad? It was same old same old, so I recognise the concern, but we're not going down... if anything is going to happen, the end of the season is when it needs to.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 25 Feb 2024, 18:20

We have under performed in the second half of the season but no one has given us a tanking (maybe first half at St Ives?)
A bit of luck here and there and some better finishes and we would not have lost so many games.

All ifs and buts and what haves but I always see the first season after promotion as consolidation. Our start gave us what we now know was false hope and maybe some players thought they were better than they actually are but this is not the Premier league where managers can be sourced world wide.
To get new guy in would really mean a whole new squad and major upheaval.
I say start planning new players now and see how we go to Christmas next season. If things still not picking up to acceptable levels then act.
The players need to take some accountability and now is the time to tell them in no uncertain terms they are playing for next years contract

I really enjoy this forum for its civil discussions. Lets not make it facebook like!!!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Feb 2024, 18:29

fairweatherfan wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 17:24
Think there is danger of an echo chamber forming here. Plenty of valid points being made about the football, lack of flexibility, and lack of fight (the stats about what happens when we go behind even worse than when I initially worked it all out), BUT, there are some vocal fans who just don't like the bloke and wouldn't be happy if he managed to feed the whole of Halesowen out of a chip buttie.

Was yesterday *really* that bad? It was same old same old, so I recognise the concern, but we're not going down... if anything is going to happen, the end of the season is when it needs to.
Yeah it was that bad. In a string of that bad"s. The icing on a cake of that bad's!! Yeah I agree end of season or Xmas next at a stretch. So long as we aint looking at relegation before then.
I dont get the dislike of him tbh. Apart from pig headed stubborness, which as manager, he kind of gets the right to do it his way, he's always put himself out there. But you dont know what players and mates of players are saying and seeing I guess.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 25 Feb 2024, 18:55

Rich wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 18:20
We have under performed in the second half of the season but no one has given us a tanking (maybe first half at St Ives?)
A bit of luck here and there and some better finishes and we would not have lost so many games.

All ifs and buts and what haves but I always see the first season after promotion as consolidation. Our start gave us what we now know was false hope and maybe some players thought they were better than they actually are but this is not the Premier league where managers can be sourced world wide.
To get new guy in would really mean a whole new squad and major upheaval.
I say start planning new players now and see how we go to Christmas next season. If things still not picking up to acceptable levels then act.
The players need to take some accountability and now is the time to tell them in no uncertain terms they are playing for next years contract

I really enjoy this forum for its civil discussions. Lets not make it facebook like!!!
[/quot

Looking at recent performances how many would you want playing for us next season, or is it that they have become disillusioned with the manager themselves. It is also the strange decisions that are made. Bringing Evans back, bringing Simeon back, and now both gone again, signing Isaac from Lye on the strength of a good game against us in County Cup, which might have had more to do with how badly we played.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 25 Feb 2024, 19:45

Slight change of subject

Anyone seen an update on Eze's injury?

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 25 Feb 2024, 19:46

Dislocated shoulder, god knows how long that keeps you out for but imagine it’s a good few weeks.