Sudbury Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
MrKrabbs
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sudbury Away

Post by MrKrabbs » 20 Feb 2024, 19:25

Agree 100% with Josh, results and performances have not been good enough for a long time.
We ve fluked a few results against average teams, which has tended to paper over the cracks. The managers constant rotation, falling out with players, persistence with playing one upfront, has seen us dropping so many points.
With the players we have, budget and excellent crowds, we should be doing much better.
Mr Smiths after match thoughts are beginning to sound like a broken record, same excuses over and over again. I thank him for the brilliant trophy run and promotion, but it's time for a change.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 20 Feb 2024, 19:28

Josh1873 wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 15:38

If you want to be childish and call this view 'rubbish' then that's your right, but frankly I am growing increasingly frustrated and annoyed at those who can't take criticism of the team's poor run of form telling us that we're lucky to be at this level and survival is all that matters.
If it wasn't rubbish why did you delete it? Or last year when you replied to the official twitter something along the lines of "F*** them all back to Worcester"?

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 20 Feb 2024, 19:39

MrKrabbs wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 19:25
Agree 100% with Josh, results and performances have not been good enough for a long time.
We ve fluked a few results against average teams, which has tended to paper over the cracks. The managers constant rotation, falling out with players, persistence with playing one upfront, has seen us dropping so many points.
With the players we have, budget and excellent crowds, we should be doing much better.
Mr Smiths after match thoughts are beginning to sound like a broken record, same excuses over and over again. I thank him for the brilliant trophy run and promotion, but it's time for a change.
Has the budget been publicised? How are the Yeltz looking financially.

Or is that just a guess like everyone else's? (Mine is that the money from bigger crowds is being spent on stuff like the new club shop, etc)

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 21 Feb 2024, 09:00

TractionJackson wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 19:39
MrKrabbs wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 19:25
Has the budget been publicised? How are the Yeltz looking financially.

Or is that just a guess like everyone else's? (Mine is that the money from bigger crowds is being spent on stuff like the new club shop, etc)
I don't think anyone truly knows how our budget compares, not even Paul Smith or Keith McKenna? I can't imagine other teams willingly share such information. However, given the quality of players at our disposal and our average attendances, I would be very surprised if there are 9 teams with a greater budget than ourselves.

Also, FotG monthly draw is there to pay for ground improvements, so matchday and other income should not be used for the excellent looking club shop?

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 21 Feb 2024, 18:14

Maybe you should tweet the Club letting them know how you feel they should be spending their money?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 21 Feb 2024, 18:36

I think everyone needs to chill out. As much as I found the comment funny the other day, having seen Josh in full hat throw at a game, I also think Josh has made a lot of valid and well thought out points in the time Ive read him on here. Im not on Twitface, but lets not turn the forum into it, eh.

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 21 Feb 2024, 19:20

drummyb wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 18:36
I think everyone needs to chill out. As much as I found the comment funny the other day, having seen Josh in full hat throw at a game, I also think Josh has made a lot of valid and well thought out points in the time Ive read him on here. Im not on Twitface, but lets not turn the forum into it, eh.
Admittedly I got carried away last week after having a few beers, when I woke up I realised what a dick I was and deleted my post calling for Smith to be sacked, I don't believe that when I'm sober! Although, I am increasingly concerned and question whether he's right to take us to the next level. i.e push for the play-offs next season. I hope I'm proved wrong as that would mean the Yeltz are successful. Anyway, my posts on here are when drink isn't involved so take what I say on here as my actual thoughts.

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 21 Feb 2024, 19:25

TractionJackson wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 18:14
Maybe you should tweet the Club letting them know how you feel they should be spending their money?
I have absolutely no need to to. I 100% trust how the club is run, and I don't care how money is spent as long as it's for the benefit of the club, which I know Keith & co will ensure. That wasn't what I was saying. Far from it.

I was making the point that the FotG fund was set up to improve the facilities of the Grove, which I believe the club shop falls under, so I'd be surprised if the new club shop (I repeat, it looks excellent) didn't come from the FotG account.

If it's been paid for via match day revenue, then fair enough. I don't care as it's for the club. It's a much needed upgrade and I love that as a club we're looking at ways to improve off the field. New club shop, or not, I'd still expect our budget to be healthy for this level.

Why are you trying to imply I'm being negative about this?

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 23 Feb 2024, 14:29

Haha because you are nearly always negative? It's like the opposite of what Stour fans chanted at us - where were you when we were good? (Aug/September)

Look, all this in the thread started because I made a off-hand jokey comment about "rubbish on twitter" which you've basically just admitted to. Hardly the crime of the century. Don't worry about it.

Anyway as Drummer said, you get a free pass to troll players/managers and be the most negative poster going because you occasionally wear a pink goalie top in the Shed.