Redditch

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Redditch

Post by TractionJackson » 11 Feb 2024, 14:42

After watching Smith's interview it's safe to say even he thought the first half team selection was fact.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 11 Feb 2024, 16:16

[shadow][/shadow]
Rich wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 12:48
Bit surprised with yesterday's selection.
Sure there was a reason for no Mitchell and Parker on the bench.
Thought we missed Parker's energy and Boothe did nothing to say he is going to resolve our scoring issues.
Subs deffo made a difference and really think Holmes should have started.

Agree that 8th is an excellent position for us to be in and we just expected too much after our great start.
Again a couple of facts looking at yesterday, subs coming on to play the last third, ie after 60 mins.
Clearly a gamble, what then happens if you get an injury?
From a positive perspective, the new players have plenty of energy to be highly influential against a tiring defence and can thus shine brightly. It does not though mean that the manager has missed a trick not starting them. It's not logical to expect them to have a prolonged 90 mins influence.
I always want to see quality subs coming on as required with the team knowledge, skill & energy to change the game in the final 20-30 mins.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 11 Feb 2024, 16:58

TractionJackson wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 14:42
After watching Smith's interview it's safe to say even he thought the first half team selection was fact.
Didn’t we used to do awards for the best posts on here? Got a nomination if so.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Feb 2024, 18:48

Scribbler wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 14:24
Can’t argue with the FACTS 👍
I always thought it was a pre-internet messaging machine. Shows what I know.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Feb 2024, 14:04

Scribbler wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 13:00
FACT is we’re not improving…. And we should be… we seem to be going backwards when we could be so easily challenging at the top of the league… imo… Never be happy with mediocrity, if you were a struggling club, maybe, we’re not and should be looking upwards to winning games, the league and progressing forwards….. not being happy finishing in the lower reaches of a fairly evenly split league, … I’m sure some teams in higher leagues would love the support this club has….
Never be happy with mediocrity - think thats were we differ in opinion. I think 8th in a new higher league is far from mediocrity, I think its rather decent and shows tremendous progress so far. Its easy to say we should be higher, we should be doing better, 90% of teams probably think that. We are currently the 8th best team in the league and i think thats fair enough in terms of progress.

Also size of crowds, very often doesnt come into it, doesnt mean as much as some people think, again just my opinion.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Feb 2024, 14:39

Yeltzbaby wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 14:04
Scribbler wrote:
FACT is we’re not improving…. And we should be… we seem to be going backwards when we could be so easily challenging at the top of the league… imo… Never be happy with mediocrity, if you were a struggling club, maybe, we’re not and should be looking upwards to winning games, the league and progressing forwards….. not being happy finishing in the lower reaches of a fairly evenly split league, … I’m sure some teams in higher leagues would love the support this club has….
Never be happy with mediocrity - think thats were we differ in opinion. I think 8th in a new higher league is far from mediocrity, I think its rather decent and shows tremendous progress so far. Its easy to say we should be higher, we should be doing better, 90% of teams probably think that. We are currently the 8th best team in the league and i think thats fair enough in terms of progress.

Also size of crowds, very often doesnt come into it, doesnt mean as much as some people think, again just my opinion.
I agree with you regarding our league position - certainly not mediocrity.
The step up to this level is a big one and we're holding our own, in my opinion.
Expectations are a little too high in some sections of our fan base, I'm afraid.
That's not me being negative - just realistic.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Feb 2024, 16:05

Yeltzbaby wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 14:04
Scribbler wrote:

I think the opposite should be true at this level. There is no TV money or other rewards to bolster club incomes like there are in the Premier League and Championship. Admittedly, some clubs may have very affluent benefactors at this level, but by and large they don't, so we are making around 3x or 4x as much matchday income as most of the other clubs at this level. This ought to help and count for something.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 12 Feb 2024, 16:56

We are actually the 15th best team on current form, or the 7th worst. Considering most of our remaining games are away, I would be surprised if we end up in 8th. If we do then we can say we have done well

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Feb 2024, 20:40

I think if I were to describe the season as a whole, it would be inconsistant. Some very good bits, some very poor bits. 8th is a decent place to finish, if we do, but that doesn't mean the poor bits aren't worthy of criticisms, as the good bits are worthy of praise. Didnt go Saturday as I said, but I think its natural people will want more, given the hype machine.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Feb 2024, 08:17

lots of dodging the obvious to almost everyone's issue......... Claudio Ranieri would tinker less with our starting line up / squad........... take a look at the bench on Saturday, all 5 could have started and at least 3 were better players than did start. Saying that the squad itself is excellent, so player acquisition has been superb the last 4 years. It's no coincidence the first 11 matches of the season had very few starting line up changes. Finishers eh?!

Then again we're still better than most of the other 29 years of my 33 watching, so maybe I shouldn't moan. It's just disappointing that we've walked away from 9 (10 with Nuneaton) league defeats so far and I bet 7 of them I've thought, they're no better than us.............