Redditch

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Redditch

Post by piearce9 » 13 Feb 2024, 08:51

Absolutely nailed it here, HH. Every single week we seem to drop points to teams that are no better than us. First few times it happened, I left the game feeling quite positive and philosophical (Kettering away, for example) however week after week this same theme has just worn me down.

Saturday we threw it away with a huge roll of the dice on team selection, which allowed a poor Redditch side to humiliate us on our own patch. It's a travesty that this squad of players will finish mid-table. My expectations were always quite moderate this season but the reality is we should have achieved so much more.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 13 Feb 2024, 12:48

Spot on HH. The 5 on the bench Saturday would walk into any team in this league and probably the league above.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 13 Feb 2024, 18:22

Didn’t deserve to loose that game… keep hearing that more often than that most games…. Don’t think we deserved promotion last season, but everyone connected with the club should be happy that we got promoted…. We should be progressing, on the back of that… we’ve added some new players to the squad, good players…. Who get left on the bench, while other players, who were deemed surplus to requirements not too long ago, somehow get a start !!!! Mind boggling , massive strides backwards, not progression, imo…and to reiterate previous posts, if we had a striker, of a decent calibre, we could easily be pushing at the top of the league… not being happy finishing eighth….. and if current form continues ???

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Feb 2024, 19:01

Im not sure I'd agree 8th isnt progression, for a first season back. We don't have a god given right to walk any league, and there are clubs that have been established in this league for years.

Before the season I was expecting mid to lower table. The bright start fooled everyone I think. I honestly beleive that this is something that needs to be built over 2-3-4 seasons, before we even think about National League. That said, from what Ive seen, we dont have anything to fear in this division. Its just fine margins.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 13 Feb 2024, 23:26

Just a general question

Our progress as a club has been absolutely brilliant last 3 to 4 years both on and off the pitch. 90% of clubs would love to have made the progress we have.

I get it football is all about opinions and gets very emotive especially after games - but.............

The question: -
At what point would some of you be 'totally happy' or 'satisfied' with what we are doing and the league status/position we have?

Is it just me or do fans nowadays - a significant amount of them, just look at negative,be my glass half empty sort of guy or just plain moan, its either absolutely brilliant or just not good enough, there is very little perspective or middle ground.

I give you an example I have listened to Arsenal fans over past 20 years moan like mad thats everything is crap and they should be winning the league, year on year - when you average out Arsenal title wins against when they were formed they probably win the league on average about every 20/25 years - so whats the problem.

Come on Yeltz fans just enjoy what we have and were we are, as someone pointed out we are higher than we have been over the decades. All the negative - we should be better, we should be this, we should be that, just in my opinion doesnt stand up when you look at the overall history of our club. Stop the negativity and enjoy it cause you can bet your bottom dollar on average it doesnt get much better than this - FACT

No9Bus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by No9Bus » 14 Feb 2024, 07:32

The last time we played Redditch at home was in 2019, when we won an unmemorable game 1-0 in front of a bumper Easter Bank Holiday, fruit-shoot-less "crowd" of 354. A few weeks later, we were relegated by 15 clear points.
How anyone can seriously question the progress that's been made since then does baffle me a bit.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 14 Feb 2024, 08:33

No9Bus wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 07:32
The last time we played Redditch at home was in 2019, when we won an unmemorable game 1-0 in front of a bumper Easter Bank Holiday, fruit-shoot-less "crowd" of 354. A few weeks later, we were relegated by 15 clear points.
How anyone can seriously question the progress that's been made since then does baffle me a bit.
That same season, we travelled to Redditch on New Year's Day, and were completely outplayed in a 3-0 loss in front of 420 people. The Redditch manager that day? Paul Smith.

We'd take around that number ourselves these days. Progress isn't linear, and frankly, some people are delusional.

That said, it is getting rather frustrating at the moment, isn't it?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 14 Feb 2024, 08:47

see you all at AFC Sudbury and Leiston :D

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 14 Feb 2024, 11:00

I don't think anyone can say progress hasn't been made, and at the start of the season most people would have been happy with mid table, but it is clear that there is no really outstanding team in the division, probably 15 very si.ilar teams, and considering the start that we had, it is more a question of should we be better placed than we are.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Feb 2024, 11:00

In answer to Yeltzbabys question. I am always happy when we are fulfilling that current moments potential, no matter what division we are in. For me there is no set target, just to be as good as we can be with the personnel, budget, management that we have at the time. For me, at the moment 8th is great, but frustratingly, with what we have at this time, I feel we could probably be challenging for the title, irrespective of whether we are ready for the NL or not.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0