Stratford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stratford Updates

Post by Dazzie76 » 03 Feb 2024, 19:59

Stratford are a very experienced side especially defensively full of height and power it's what's needed in this league and the national league North to get results. Just look at Tamworth not the best side to watch but hey ho they get results. Baffled by a selection in the side again in midfield ahead of others smith obviously seems to see something in him I don't. Good goal to win any game we learn and move on.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Feb 2024, 20:09

In fairness to the "5'4" striker, he looks very lively and creates space for himself. If we were to sign another 6ft something striker, guess where the ball is going. Give him time ffs.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 03 Feb 2024, 20:39

Played well today but I had a nagging feeling first half we were going to get suckerpunched and it was so.

Team selection I suspect revolved around match fitness and availability. New Bloke 1 looked lively and New Bloke 2 looked huge. We do now look a different proposition on set pieces with three huge target men. That said, we only really look threatening in open play when we play the ball around and for a while today we went more direct which was unproductive.

Their players made a beeline for our fans at the final whistle and it all got rather unpleasant - not sure what had rattled them to that extent but quite uncalled for.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Feb 2024, 21:44

piearce9 wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 20:39

Their players made a beeline for our fans at the final whistle and it all got rather unpleasant - not sure what had rattled them to that extent but quite uncalled for.
Hawker showed class, applauded us. The rest, I think they may have just won the league. And the twat that got dragged away, just embarrassing.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Feb 2024, 02:48

Unfortunately on Fakebook, one of our lot has given someone with their kids some stick. If the story IS true then thats poor. However, I do think players have to take reaponsibility for firing people up. Pet hate of mine.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 04 Feb 2024, 06:44

No one’s knocking the new 5ft 4” striker, thought he played really well and the other new guy looked good… but they don’t bring anything different to the squad and like for like players are being left out….time will tell… I just think the priority is to get someone in that can score some goals, because we’re struggling massively in that department…

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Feb 2024, 11:13

Just watched highlights and seemed we created some good chances at the start. 9 times out of 10 Jack would have put his away.
Absolute screamer to win it but 2 halfhearted attempts to stop him during his run.

Did notice and it is not a go at Miracle and hope he gets back to scoring soon but it seems all the chances we created on the highlights came from midfield and I dont recall 1 in which he was involved.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Feb 2024, 11:39

Fair assessment in that comment. Miracle’s definitely on the up - he did well in the air yesterday and won some big headers against their centre backs. Needs a goal though.

Jack’s chance was a good save from the keeper. Agree on the goal - gave him way too much space and got punished.