Needham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Needham Updates

Post by 410viawednesbury » 14 Jan 2024, 14:55

andy wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 18:10
No complaints. That was much more like the performance we know we can put in. Granted we didn't get many shots away, but they defended very well. We finally stopped the long ball game and had much more possession as a result. Playing this way against lesser teams will win us far more games than we'll lose. A good shift put in by all the lads, we just came up against a team today that have that winning mentality at the moment. But they will know they've had to fight for that 3 points today.
This is oh so true as regards playing it on the floor.
When we've played football on the green stuff as opposed to playing up in the blue stuff we're a match for anyone.
A hard working performance yesterday and one that Halesowen didn't deserve to lose given the endeavour that was put in. I just wished Miracle could've put that chance away late on in the game after a belting tackle from Donnelly.
Keep the faith and onto the next.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Jan 2024, 15:08

You really don’t want a player like Lita - a 38 year old ex pro that’ll cost you a fortune. Gregs has been excellent since coming back in - he has to lead the line for the time being.

Can’t bring myself to think about yesterday’s game too much, absolute robbery.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 14 Jan 2024, 17:25

I know what you mean as we didnt deserve to lose, although I have seen far worse 'robberies'.

They were well organised and their management team were focusing on set pieces (found out that Kevin Horlock is their manager) which are a key part of the game.

I notice on social media there were some comments about the 'low' crowd yesterday, given the opponents.

However, bear in mind they are not well supported and brought fewer than 20 fans (it is a long way), it was cold, there were competing league games, the form has been flakey and it is more expensive than last season.

I go as much as I can, but like quite a few others, I go to league football as a first choice.

Also whilst it may not make a huge difference, I have never really understood why we seem to play at home when Stourbr*dge do. That makes no sense in trying to attract more local floating non-league fans.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Jan 2024, 19:34

850 isnt a low crowd for this step and in fact Id guess that we may have pulled in more than some National League North/South games....without looking. IF we were chasing promotion, we'd probably add 4-600 on top. For the level we're at, its a good crowd size. Compare to others around us.