Stourbr*dge Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Jan 2024, 22:11

Thanks all.
The footnotes would be even longer than the report.
I can’t decide if the Three Kings pun if the greatest witticism in the history of the written word, or impenetrable, self-indulgent, head-up-arsery.
Somewhere between the two I guess.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Jan 2024, 19:34

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Jan 2024, 00:10

Just watched the highlights back. How great the pitch looked at the start of the season and how churned up it looked after that game. And yet, still green and marked out. Credit to Ant.
Compare that to Wisbech two seasons ago. Similar weather but brown lines to mark the pitch out.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 09 Jan 2024, 19:26

drummyb wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 00:10
Just watched the highlights back. How great the pitch looked at the start of the season and how churned up it looked after that game. And yet, still green and marked out. Credit to Ant.
Compare that to Wisbech two seasons ago. Similar weather but brown lines to mark the pitch out.
i get to games early to watch the lads warming up.
With the pitch as wet as it is I am surprised teams are allowed to warm up as much as they are.
A lot of close work is dome week after week in the same areas which can only have a detrimental effect on the pitch I would have thought.
All the more credit to the groundstaff for the surface they produce week after week

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 09 Jan 2024, 21:54

Rich wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 19:26
drummyb wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 00:10
i get to games early to watch the lads warming up.
With the pitch as wet as it is I am surprised teams are allowed to warm up as much as they are.
A lot of close work is dome week after week in the same areas which can only have a detrimental effect on the pitch I would have thought.
All the more credit to the groundstaff for the surface they produce week after week
Been saying it for years … the most damage done to pitches isn’t the 90 minutes playing time