Stourbr*dge Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge Updates

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 06 Jan 2024, 20:19

Well, if the 4-3 in September was the best game of the season so far, that's a candidate for the worst. And I couldn't care less.

New bloke was excellent..Must have won 95% of his headers. Miracle is becoming a problem. I thought he was on course for 30+ goals this season but he doesn't look like he'll ever score again (he will).

I know this is selfish, and it's good for the club to have the big crowds, but the games are more enjoyable with 'just' the 1,000 or so there. The part timers who just seem to expect Premier League football are a pain in the arse.

DazzlingDale
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DazzlingDale » 06 Jan 2024, 20:29

Having also had to queue for 20 minutes like Jonnybud the reason for this seemed to be that the centre turnstile was not being used as much as the other two. Maybe another steward could of been on hand to help or the kick off could of been delayed a little?
Having known Mr bud for nearly 20 years I have to agree he is far from stupid (he is a teacher after all!)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Jan 2024, 20:41

As others have said, not a lot of quality but over the moon about the win. I said a couple of games ago, strikers are the problem. Gregs is great at doing what he does, but he doesnt have pace, which makes a through ball for him pointless. Very difficult to get the ball off though and so intelligent with his hold up play.. Dour ay we were poor, one of the worst Dourbrdige teams Ive seen. Bit disappointed in their support too. Thought theyd bring a lot more and clear gaps on the terracing.

Miracle, as much as I like the guy and he always without fail puts in 100% effort, doesnt seem ready for this league yet. Superb start but I think he's been found out. Sim seems to get bit parts, very good at taking players on, but not on enough to make a real impact.
I think the defence in a few games will look the part and midfield is getting there. Its up top that worries me most.

The new lad's experience was glaringly obvious today and him and Wynter worked well together.

The referee was shocking. Didnt let the game flow, very poor decisions against both teams.

So its another 3 points and more work to go. Happy in my part of the world tonight.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Jan 2024, 20:45

lutleyyeltz wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 19:46
Those who were queuing in Old Hawne Lane have only themselves to blame for late entry.
Turning up 10 minutes before KO at an all ticket high profile game shows a lack of awareness.
Or stupidity?
Or people couldnt get parked and had to park further afield to walk?
Or had genuine reasons for getting there late? I actually got there at half past and was stuck in the queue and missed a couple of minutes. Its not as simple as 10 mins before.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 06 Jan 2024, 20:51

Interesting moment with Aaron Forde & KD in the first half, resulting in Mr Forde being booked, despite his protestations and seemingly happening behind the referees back. I did wonder how far he was away from talking himself into a second yellow.

Anyone have a better view?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 06 Jan 2024, 21:21

Find myself a bit baffled at the Miracle knocking. It's as rash now as the suggestions he'd be in the football league were after six games. The guy is low on confidence but it will come. He's still the second leading scorer in the league for crying out loud!

For all the doom and gloom that still pervades, we're six points off the play offs and ten points off top, despite not having played Alvechurch yet. I'd have taken that back in August and no one is convincing me otherwise.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 06 Jan 2024, 21:38

fairweatherfan wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 21:21
Find myself a bit baffled at the Miracle knocking. It's as rash now as the suggestions he'd be in the football league were after six games. The guy is low on confidence but it will come. He's still the second leading scorer in the league for crying out loud

For all the doom and gloom that still pervades, we're six points off the play offs and ten points off top, despite not having played Alvechurch yet. I'd have taken that back in August and no one is convincing me otherwise.
I don't think anyone is 'knocking' Miracle. My point, perhaps not clearly explained, was he looked unplayable at the start of the season, but he's a shadow of that now. Get the early season Miracle back and we're challenging for the play-offs.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 06 Jan 2024, 21:40

A hard fought win, after a classic of a game at their place, today was the opposite. Don't really recall either keeper doing a great deal of note. I thought we played some decent stuff at times but their plan to close us down quickly in the middle of the much heavier than normal pitch hindered it from being a great game with neither team really stringing more than half a dozen passes together. I spoke to one player after the game who told me the pitch may look good but it was really hard going today. To be expected I suppose considering the weather of late. The game overall lacked a great deal of quality, but I was really pleased that we kept an important clean sheet, helped in no part to Taylor who really looked the part. I know he's not long been back playing after a car accident so with more games under his belt I look forward to seeing him improve as he gets to know his team mates better and his match fitness improves.
Definitely not a classic, but a win that will hopefully build a little confidence.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 06 Jan 2024, 22:06

Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 21:38
fairweatherfan wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 21:21
Find myself a bit baffled at the Miracle knocking. It's as rash now as the suggestions he'd be in the football league were after six games. The guy is low on confidence but it will come. He's still the second leading scorer in the league for crying out loud

I don't think anyone is 'knocking' Miracle. My point, perhaps not clearly explained, was he looked unplayable at the start of the season, but he's a shadow of that now. Get the early season Miracle back and we're challenging for the play-offs.
I second that. You cant unsee the fact that he just doesnt look like scoring at the minute, which is his job ultimately. He maybe second highest, but I cant remember the last time he looked like he was going to score, and I'd guess he's gone more games goal less than he has with one. Its great that Fairweather is backing him. We all want too but the more games without, his head drops more. Either the system we play doesnt suit him, or he needs a bit more time to settle in and get used to the standard.

MrKrabbs
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MrKrabbs » 06 Jan 2024, 23:05

It's hardly surprising that Miracle's confidence is low, with Mr Smith playing him as a lone striker for most of the season. It's obvious to me that we desperately need a new striker to join and support Miracle.