Telford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Telford Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 29 Dec 2023, 09:18

9th is fine with me as we stand today. I am sure we will end comfortably mid-table, and possibly higher with a couple of new signings.

I do however think it’s hard to criticise fans for wanting more. For every Sheff Utd, Luton and Burnley, there is an Ipswich, Wrexham or Notts County. The start of the season was always going to breed the hope that we would go straight through another division.. and the poor run was always then going to breed criticism. That’s just football!!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 29 Dec 2023, 10:18

Johnny Bud wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 09:18
9th is fine with me as we stand today. I am sure we will end comfortably mid-table, and possibly higher with a couple of new signings.

I do however think it’s hard to criticise fans for wanting more. For every Sheff Utd, Luton and Burnley, there is an Ipswich, Wrexham or Notts County. The start of the season was always going to breed the hope that we would go straight through another division.. and the poor run was always then going to breed criticism. That’s just football!!
Wise words.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Dec 2023, 12:20

Johnny Bud wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 09:18

I must be in a majority of one, cos I didnt expect that. Someone on here said their wasnt much difference between the leagues, I forget who, but their is noticeably. Im content to get settled and then look to build next season or the season after. I just feel we look so out of sorts its untrue. The signings will be the key issue.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 29 Dec 2023, 13:25

I love how one of the main reasons people are on the managers back is because we had an amazing run at the start of the season.

If we'd have started badly and be struggling near relegation there wouldn't be any complaints?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Dec 2023, 14:20

I don't know why there is any disagreement.
We started really well. Above what we expected. FACT.
We are not as good in the last dozen or so games. FACT.
Something somewhere has therefore changed. FACT.
It's the why's and wherefores and what needs to be done about it.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Dec 2023, 14:20

And drummyb the league is much better, you're right.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 29 Dec 2023, 15:05

I certainly didn't expect us to be challenging at the top. Where we are now is about where I expected us to be at end of season, but performances have dropped off and it wouldn't take much for us to be in the bottom 6 or 7. There are 4 relegation places, and while it seems that the bottom 2 will probably stay in those positions, there are probably 10 clubs that could fill them, and we want to make sure we are not one of them and undo all the hard work of the past 3 years.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 29 Dec 2023, 20:26

Simons wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 15:05
There are 4 relegation places, and while it seems that the bottom 2 will probably stay in those positions, there are probably 10 clubs that could fill them
I'm not sure there are 10, but if there are, we're not one of them. Let's be super cautious and say we'll need 50 points, do you really think we're so bad we won't get 16 points in 19 games?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Dec 2023, 22:48

Given we've amassed 12 points in 12 games, probably not. If we hadnt started so well, we would be fooked though and it doesnt leave much margin for error. And lets not forget several teams have games in hand that could drop us further. Not ideal if morale is becoming an issue.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 31 Dec 2023, 11:22

Think many of the 'newer' fans who have only been used to success over the past 3 or 4 years dont realise how hard a division this is.
A national league team dropping into is each season for starters.
Stourbr*dge to be fair to them over the past few seasons have had some very good players/teams but have failed to reach play offs.
Think we realistically are looking at a plan covering at least 4 seasons to firstly a squad good enough to stay in this league (which I feel we now have), then time to strengthen to make the next step.
Calls to sack the Manager (I have not seen these) are from these new fans I presume who expect us to win every game.
True this performance slide needs addressing and I fully believe a few additions are on the way and we will get back to our early season form, if not the number of wins we chalked up week after week.