Telford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Telford Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 26 Dec 2023, 21:14

drummyb wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 18:08
Thats your opinion. Mine is based on the run of games we are in, which far out numbers the great start, and the prolificacy of our front 3 in this league.. If im wrong, at the end of this season, please feel free to give me a "yah boo you idiot".
Im not slating any of the front 3 by any means. I like all 3. I just think, they wont light this league up. Miracle started well, but thats a long time ago now, and is effectively marked out any game. Theyll get goals, but the top teams will gobble them up. Thats by no means a criticism. For me its like a championship striker playing, say Liverpool.
I said a few games back we need to strengthen.
Well I try to be more polite than that, but my point is more that at present, Miracle is still the leading scorer in the league!

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 26 Dec 2023, 21:14

drummyb wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 18:08
Thats your opinion. Mine is based on the run of games we are in, which far out numbers the great start, and the prolificacy of our front 3 in this league.. If im wrong, at the end of this season, please feel free to give me a "yah boo you idiot".
Im not slating any of the front 3 by any means. I like all 3. I just think, they wont light this league up. Miracle started well, but thats a long time ago now, and is effectively marked out any game. Theyll get goals, but the top teams will gobble them up. Thats by no means a criticism. For me its like a championship striker playing, say Liverpool.
I said a few games back we need to strengthen.
Well I try to be more polite than that, but my point is more that at present, Miracle is still the leading scorer in the league!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Dec 2023, 21:29

Alright. No need to keep going on about it 😁

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 26 Dec 2023, 21:39

Haha not important enough to delete it!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Dec 2023, 21:51

I have no problem in accepting Telford are a better team than us at the moment. No shame in that. What I could not accept is that they outworked us all over the park. Every time we got into the final third they would have 2 or even 3 players straight onto the player with the ball, win it back and instantly put us under pressure and invariably get a shot away at the other end. We on the other hand would sit yards off the player with the ball and wait to see what he was going to do with it. Second half we came out with a bit more purpose and did close them down much quicker. We started to look like we wanted it. Then for some strange reason the main aggressor, Isaac, was taken off. And then it went pretty much back to how it was in the first place. And dare I say it, one or two appeared to give up. Unacceptable.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 26 Dec 2023, 23:03

Since Macclesfield 12 league games played and only 3 wins, 2 of which were against the bottom 2 sides, and 6 defeats, 4 of which have been at home, all very worrying

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 27 Dec 2023, 08:40

https://youtu.be/f4Q25inuvjA?si=o9Ursgpp6505xO5f
"they were bigger, stronger, and more experienced."
Well, address the problem!
We are smaller, weaker, and less experienced. Not rocket science, is it?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Dec 2023, 10:26

lutleyyeltz wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 08:40
https://youtu.be/f4Q25inuvjA?si=o9Ursgpp6505xO5f
"they were bigger, stronger, and more experienced."
Well, address the problem!
We are smaller, weaker, and less experienced. Not rocket science, is it?
Hahahaha. Brilliant.

Bill Shankly said that, “Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better.”
He should have added, “and simplified again by Lutley.”

Strong late contender for Post of the Year.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 27 Dec 2023, 11:31

After the Mickleover game, Paul Smith stated there would be 2 players going out, and 1 coming in. The 2 went out, Hawker and Cater, but no one has come in.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 27 Dec 2023, 12:16

OK deep breath everyone.....and breath pheeewww that's better.

That's more aimed at the absolute bollocks I am reading on social media, twitter etc

I have said before - be very careful what you wish for, it might end up massively biting you on the backside

Smudger out - do me a favour, get a grip fgs