Kettering Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
LegalMagpie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kettering Updates

Post by LegalMagpie » 16 Dec 2023, 23:19

Why was the Kettering Manager sent off? The linesman seemed to signal for something

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Dec 2023, 07:52

LegalMagpie wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 23:19
Why was the Kettering Manager sent off? The linesman seemed to signal for something
The irony is that it was their No.11 who badmouthed the referee - but the manager got the red!
Took one for his team!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Dec 2023, 08:08

As regards the game I just cannot understand why Jack Holmes and Ezewele are not starting!
After our opening surge, which should have resulted in us being at least one goal to the good, we lost all impetus and got stuck in a rut of a slow build up with no flair or drive from midfield.
Going one down, immediately after the start of the second half, resulted in the injection of some urgency after Gregory, Holmes and Adegoke came on.
This seemed to inspire the rest of the side as, after that, there was only one team in it.
Greg's cool strike should have driven us on to getting the winner but, as usual, lack of concentration after a very poor throw-in, led to us gifting Kettering the points.
Miracle, to show his best, needs support alongside him. Ploughing a lone furrow up front seems to have destroyed his confidence and this needs addressing.
Playing one up front at home seems to be a negative approach.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 17 Dec 2023, 09:14

Dazzie76 wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 19:42
why hickman, elliot and redfearn start I can't understand
Disagree with Redfern. Thought he had his best game today and first half especially made some good interceptions. Is also composed at bringing the ball forward to start our attacks.
Hickman's crossing is woeful and thought Elliott was poor today after missing his excellent early chance.
Disappointed with KD. Dont think he at his best out wide, cannot take guys on. Gets a silly booking again and is then walking a tightrope for rest of game which kerbs his drive.
Surprised Hayward came off although Isaac did do well.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 17 Dec 2023, 12:07

Scribbler wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 19:10
Three points lost today to an average side… becoming a regular statistic!!!… No beating about the bush, the squad is not big enough or good enough, if you want to win promotion, at least three quality players need to be brought in, in my opinion…. Again the starting eleven left me baffled, with better players being left on the bench…. At least the changes were made a bit earlier, this week, and what a change they all made to the team….. but this is not an isolated occurrence!!! It’s the same every game… so why don’t these better players, imo, get a start ? As they do affect the game when they are introduced… and agree with previous post about Ezwelle, who should start every game, on last seasons performances…. Need a couple of strikers who can score goals and a commanding centre back, with a voice on the pitch to organise and manage the defence…. This needs to happen soon… players have left and not been replaced, preferably with better players, not kids or no hopers … we should be on the up… but we seem to be sliding backwards at the moment…. Yes this will cost money, but other clubs of less stature can manage to do it……
Please explain to me where these quality players come from...

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 17 Dec 2023, 12:37

I have held my silence up to now although I have been baffled for a number of weeks . Is there only Paul Smith who cannot see that Hickman is just not good enough. His defending at times is a liability, frequently caught out of position and his crosses are disasterous, as shown yesterday when not one of his many , many crosses beat the first defender, when eventually resulted in the winning goal when Kettering broke away down where Hickman should have been but when ambling back from the corner that he had once again given away. AD EZE ON THE BENCH - dont make sense. I hope Parker and Wynter are on contract because my fear is that we will lose our better players.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 17 Dec 2023, 13:04

Unlucky we go again next week

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Dec 2023, 14:16

At least it wasn't raining. And the sunset over the button factory was spectacular. And that was about it.
The usual slow drag from The Wagg prevented us seeing the opening chances, and then, with a less sunny outlook that everyone else on here, I thought the first half was terrible, them and us. Their gobby, bearded, baldy bloke mis-controlling and toe-ending it into touch was probably the highlight. Or Lee's mince pies.
Can only concur that Christmas ironically needs to be a time for no Miracles as he looks busted. Their centre-halves bullied him and Gregs offered much more immediately. I'm sure he'll come back, let's hope that it doesn't take until Easter Sunday.
Better in the second half, especially when the subs came on, with the blessed child - JH, not JC - showing the usual beatific touches and RG's arse and sniper sights doing fine work.
I wasn't really downhearted as I followed the star back to C-I-T-E to deliver a mixed blessing back to the (un)stable, and I suspect, as was always the way back in Biblical times, we'll finish 8th.
One more disjointed thought, I know 'tis the season of heavy drinking and goodwill to all men, but WtF was the MotM about?
The new bloke from Mud City's late cameo looked busy and long-limbed in a way that suggests he may have some spidery future as a midfield messer, but to win the Champers?
To use a phrase that I'll accept as my epitaph - well-meaning, if odd, at best; condescending at worst.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 17 Dec 2023, 15:06

Non league football is a continual merry go round ,,of players coming and going all the time !! And as we know they even end up back at the same club they left a few weeks previously….. Cobourne, hawker, Evan’s .. to name a few…. This happens at every club up and down the country at all levels of non league football, for different reasons, budgets cut players not getting game Time , teams going out of existence.. etc… all these players are of different abilities , some good some bad…. There out there, but for the better ones you have to pay bigger money to get them on board….. simple as…..

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 17 Dec 2023, 15:26

Maybe we dont have the money? The extra money? You like me will not have a scooby do regarding the clubs budget, the budget compared to others, our overall finances compared to others, who gets paid what by who. Maybe we cant or dont want to increase the budget - who knows, but just throwing it out there that maybe just maybe we cant afford to atm.

I hear almost endless discussion about clubs budgets, budgets compared to others, how come so and so can afford to pay this that and the other on crowds of one man and his dog. At the end of the day i have never ever met anyone who can tie all these things together from club to club, budget to budget, play wage to player wage as fact - and I recon I never will.