Mickleover Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover Updates

Post by drummyb » 03 Dec 2023, 12:05

410viawednesbury wrote:
03 Dec 2023, 09:27
A huge thank you and well done to all the volunteers who made yesterdays game possible, a great effort.
An enjoyable game that Halesowen thoroughly deserved to win, in my opinion.
Man of the match, for me, was Nathan Hayward. Always looking to get Halesowen on the front foot and linking up the play, he really is relentless!
On to the next!
Fantastic that the covers have been bought and that people gave up time again to help. Im sure that so much goes on behind the scenes that we dont see to get us game ready. We really have some good people working for the club.
And yeah. Hayward is immense.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 03 Dec 2023, 14:00

An excellent victory and a really good team performance. Mickleover were a really good side as their league position suggests, I think because they were a good footballing side it helped us I feel. Whilst Coalville were a good side last week I thought they were the type of side who played more directly, Mickleover weren't really that type and it allowed for a game with better football being played. Whilst they had some good spells I don't really recall Platty making a save, in contrast to their keeper who made three or four very good saves. I thought the new lad looked good when he came on and i'm sure will be a good addition to the squad, I was massively impressed with him when he played against us at Lye and hopefully he'll take some of the workload off Hayward and Parker.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 03 Dec 2023, 14:12

Great performance especially in the second half of course but I get the feeling we are all forgetting we were very lucky not to go 2-0 down in the first half. Thankfully the offside flag and their players failure to score an open goal over a stranded Platty meant that didn't happen.

Would be nice to see Miracle have a shot with his weaker foot sometimes though he did come very close to scoring a header so there is progress I guess.

Hmm Guinness hangovers make me negative.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 03 Dec 2023, 18:52

Great result,good game and a hundred percent improved performance from last week…. Great credit to Keith for sorting the covers out and everyone who helped get the game on !! We actually got back to playing football today, against a good side and came out on top… surely this is the way forward and must be an end to long hopeful balls being pumped up the pitch…. Everyone played a part today and effort, work rate and desire were evident throughout and a pleasure to watch…… agree with previous posts about miracle, he has to work on his chance to goals ratio, but you can’t fault his effort…. Well done to all, please keep playing football, it always pays dividends in the end

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 04 Dec 2023, 01:55

Thank you to all those who helped get game on.
3 great points we continue our very solid start to season....almost half way through and doing fantastically well

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 04 Dec 2023, 07:38

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 04 Dec 2023, 08:08

2 more going out, 1 in. I'd be amazed if the in is Carter...................... let's see who the out are too

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 04 Dec 2023, 08:42

Outs: possibly Hawker and Cater?

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 04 Dec 2023, 10:27

Report from a Mickleover perspective.

https://mickleoverfc.com/goal-in-each-h ... _Z_lKol0iY

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 04 Dec 2023, 17:20

Did anyone else notice in the post match interview Paul Smith mentioned 2 out one in this week? 🤔