Coalville

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville

Post by drummyb » 25 Nov 2023, 18:50

Yeltzbaby wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 18:43
Smudger must go we just drew away at last seasons 2nd placed side................just not good enough :D :D
Lololol. Hilarious. Dont think anyone here has called for anyone's head. We just escaped with a draw. And no as performances go, it wasnt. But hey look where we are in the league. Happy, happy happy!!!! :) :)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Nov 2023, 19:09

fairweatherfan wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 18:48
Thought they dominated for around 15 minutes of the second half in what was a fairly rubbish game. A draw was probably fair.

Far from everything being rosy, but it's really not so bad. Unbeaten in three in the league. Also worth saying that we have a genuinely toxic element within our fan base who believe they're the real stars of the show, and if a few fucked off and were never seen again we'd be no worse off.
In fairness, I try not to stand with the stars in their eyes brigade. I think thats been building for a couple of years and im uncomfortable with it too. Id also agree with far from rosy but Id change it to it could be better and its frustrating it isnt. I do question sometimes, whether the Macclesfield mauling stripped the lads confidence away, because they're very capable of playing so much better and it seems thats when the formbook dropped out the window.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 25 Nov 2023, 19:11

drummyb wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 19:09
fairweatherfan wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 18:48
Thought they dominated for around 15 minutes of the second half in what was a fairly rubbish game. A draw was probably fair.

Far from everything being rosy, but it's really not so bad. Unbeaten in three in the league. Also worth saying that we have a genuinely toxic element within our fan base who believe they're the real stars of the show, and if a few fucked off and were never seen again we'd be no worse off.
In fairness, I try not to stand with the stars in their eyes brigade. I think thats been building for a couple of years and im uncomfortable with it too. Id also agree with far from rosy but Id change it to it could be better and its frustrating it isnt. I do question sometimes, whether the Macclesfield mauling stripped the lads confidence away, because they're very capable of playing so much better and it seems thats when the formbook dropped out the window.
Yeah I'd agree with a lot of that to be honest. I think with the formation we play, we're dependent on lots of quick movement and decisive balls, both of which are lacking a bit at the moment. No need to panic, but a little squad augmentation might not go amiss (hard as it is at this stage)...

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Nov 2023, 19:18

I think so. Gotta say, despite being mauled at the back second half, the defence looked ok and Hayward and Parker again give so much. I just think their goal lifted their tails and sunk ours and I think thats solely due to form. I definitely beleive Miracle needs some help, but who and how is the gaffers dilemma.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 25 Nov 2023, 19:21

Very poor game today… and if we were up against a better/ good side today we would have been thumped…. Team selection was mind boggling, from the off…. Tactics were non existent, all game…. Could never moan about the state of a pitch, because we never use it, thumping long/high balls up the pitch for 80 mins didn’t work ??? So why persist with it for so long… people used to knock John hill for his tactics…. Today’s performance made him look like PEP, at Man City…. Hickman and Elliot starting, just can’t see what they offer to the team, especially when better players are on the bench, in my opinion…. Didn’t look like scoring, not playing well, all game… why leave it so late to make substitutions, bad as it was , we did look a bit better after the changes, but all too late…. We need to start playing football, on the deck … we have the players to do this, so play to the team’s strengths, not weaknesses… or things will get worse…. On a positive note.. Parker MOM … having a great season, gives it all , every game… Tough game next week ….

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 25 Nov 2023, 20:01

drummyb wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 18:46
lutleyyeltz wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 17:42
After you've pondered, have a look at the league table.
Pretty poor that we aren't 12 points clear at the top!
Give me strength!

Lutley, with all due respect, it may be a credible league position but the football was absolutely dire for 65/70 minutes. Ive said countless times I dont expect league success in one season. That was yet another indifferent performance. As I said, we didnt play particularily badly, but we also didnt look like winning, and they could easily have won that in the second half by a further 3 goals had they had a bit more luck. Why we insist on launching it up for Miracle as the lone striker is absolute madness, as we did with Sim, and as we have done for several games, funny enough coinciding with a dip in form. His confidence looks shot and I cant say I blame him at all. We only looked like an attacking force once he had some support and we actually looked like we knew what we were doing.
As Simons said (pardon the pun) L D L L L D W L D in all competitions. Do you really beleive those stats indicate doing well?? Did you go today and were you happy with what performance because I think youre in a minority. It was only slightly better than Lye.
It's almost like you can't be pleased with the season to date, but concerned by the recent results and performances...

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Nov 2023, 20:08

Would you care to explain that to me fella. Not quite sure of your point? Maybe being a bit thick, but I dont get you

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 25 Nov 2023, 20:10

drummyb wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 20:08
Would you care to explain that to me fella. Not quite sure of your point? Maybe being a bit thick, but I dont get you
Not "you" personally. More the attitude of some of the fanbase.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Nov 2023, 20:17

Well thats even more cryptic now ;D. Its like having a conversation with me ex ;D
Edit:. Ah. The penny dropped. Subtle aint my strong point.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 25 Nov 2023, 20:27

drummyb wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 20:17
Well thats even more cryptic now ;D. Its like having a conversation with me ex ;D
Edit:. Ah. The penny dropped. Subtle aint my strong point.
Ha! Got there in the end...probably my fault!