Lye Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Lye Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 22 Nov 2023, 11:06

We were never getting anything out of that game. They had, what, five ex Yeltz players who would have been trying to prove a point, while our main priority would have been to avoid injuries.

Crap pitch, crap ref, crap performance. Not much more to say, other than thoroughly uninspiring.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Nov 2023, 13:34

As a manager you can’t win with these games. Do you set out with a strong team to try and win the competition? Do you use it to rest key players and try out prospects?

Whatever your opinion, last night saw the very best in one of our more fickle “ supporters” who berated PS for the weakened side. Nothing wrong with that you might say EXCEPT this is the same one that about a month ago was complaining that PS never gives the youngsters a chance 🤣🤣🤣 who would be a a manger

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Nov 2023, 13:37

In fairness, it wasnt that weakened a side he put out, and most are experienced players. It just didnt work.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Nov 2023, 13:53

Although I would have hoped for a win, I am not overly worried about going out of, what I consider to be, a tinpot cup competition.
A couple of Academy lads in, treat it as a training game, and that is how I would see it the morning after.
How is a manager expected to see how up coming players can perform, if not in games such as last night's?
Our whole attention should be on improving our league position and finding the right set of players to do that.
There will be the usual negative comments on the forum, no doubt, but that is to be expected these days.
We are in the seventh tier of English football, well positioned in our league so let's have some realistic expectations.
https://youtu.be/kMXLM9M-uGE?si=KYFsRz22C-4koQd4
Last edited by lutleyyeltz on 22 Nov 2023, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Nov 2023, 14:01

I dont think its an unrealistic expectation to put on a performance though. Im not really bothered we lost, its the manner we did. Given 200 ish folk made the journey over, its not unrealistic to want us to put a shift in, if people can make the effort.
Yeah tinpot cup, and get the team selection.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Nov 2023, 14:15

Have a look at Paul Smith's post match opinion.
Pretty much backs up what I posted previously.
https://youtu.be/kMXLM9M-uGE?si=KYFsRz22C-4koQd4

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Nov 2023, 14:26

;D He also backs up what most of us were thinking. Poor performance but credit to Lye.
Anyway. On to Saturday on the rollercoaster.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Nov 2023, 15:43

drummyb wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 14:26
;D He also backs up what most of us were thinking. Poor performance but credit to Lye.
Anyway. On to Saturday on the rollercoaster.
Rollercoaster indeed
… 3 point off third. IF we have now completed our bad run a few wins would see us right back up there in the thick of it for Christmas. A few losses and by New Year we could be close to the relegation dogfight with the poor teams like Stour****** 🤣

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 22 Nov 2023, 20:14

Not really bothered about the fact we lost but the fact it seems a few players don't want to(think they have to) fight for a shirt.
There was about 4 or 5 players I was expecting to read good reviews about regarding their play/effort in this game but it seems that didnt happen.
Hopefully a few things were tried out and as a result we come out stronger and wiser in our upcoming league games.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 23 Nov 2023, 08:13

VanessaYeltz wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 23:18
[

Can hear their tannoy better than ours, mind.
Out of interest where did you sit or stand at Lye and where do you sit or stand at the Grove?

As at Lye I never heard their tannoy at all during the whole time there.