Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by Rich » 15 Nov 2023, 19:26

Feel for the players after such a late equaliser.
They came out and started really on the front foot and all seemed really up for it.
Let down again by some bad finishes. 2 I can think of should have scored or at worst hit the target but both wide.
Platty did his bit with 2 great saves and both sides may feel they should have had penalties.
Second half was more cat and mouse with us not really getting into the form we showed and the subs seem to kill us again.

Thought Morris was immense at the back and Parker as usual covered every blade of grass twice. (cant believe he has yet to get mom!!)
Haywards substitution was I feel the turning point.

Really unsure about Cater. I stand by the dug out mainly to listen to the Gaffer as I find him amusing and good to get insight into what he wants players to do.
he yelled at Cater to go to join celebrations but cater just looked at him and walked back to our half. When he was subbed he took his top off and was chuntering away, didnt hear what he said but the Gaffer did and let fly some wise words to him!!
On to Saturday and hopefully some of our fickle followers will return and spur the guys on.
Only positive from the late equaliser was I had put 1-1 in Fantasy Island league ;D

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 15 Nov 2023, 19:27

Weren’t too long ago we were second in the table…. And we’re sixteen in the form table… no other team would be laughing at us !!! But I bet they can’t wait to play us….

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 15 Nov 2023, 19:56

6 defeats, 2 draws and 2 wins in all competitions in last 10 games is not great considering the so called quality players we have.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 15 Nov 2023, 20:28

Is it me or does Colbourn look to have put a bit of timber on?😬 He seemed to be a yard off the pace when he came on last night. Anyway I'm off down the chippy!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Nov 2023, 21:55

I'm just lost for words reading some of this shite ....
We've just been promoted. We have no divine right to be steamrolling everybody. If it wasn't for the revenue I would happily see our attendances back at 500 to just keep the more realistic, proper fans, who don't expect to see Real Madrid for their £12 each week. We all criticise, analyse, think we're better than the gaffer, me more than most, but let's keep it real FFS.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Nov 2023, 22:39

andy wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 21:55
We've just been promoted. We have no divine right to be steamrolling everybody. If it wasn't for the revenue I would happily see our attendances back at 500 to just keep the more realistic, proper fans, who don't expect to see Real Madrid for their £12 each week. We all criticise, analyse, think we're better than the gaffer, me more than most, but let's keep it real FFS.
👏👏👏

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 16 Nov 2023, 07:39

Regarding the reduced attendance, I like to think I did my bit by buying twice as much from the bar since the queue was smaller🍻.

Swings and roundabouts.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 Nov 2023, 09:05

andy wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 21:55
The voice of sanity.
Cue Westy, with a derogatory, pithy jibe.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 16 Nov 2023, 09:38

Lutters, I'll beat Westy to it in saying sanity and brummies don't belong in the same sentence.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 Nov 2023, 10:33

Poor Westy is now totally distraught.
That was certainly derogatory, pithy possibly, but certainly right on the money!