Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by Yeltzbaby » 16 Nov 2023, 12:18

scribbler - your funny. All entitled to our opinion, mine is yours is unwarranted, self destructing and bordering on bizarre, or should i say extreme. It takes all sorts and as i have said before on here (when for 75% of last season my own view of our performances/position was a little out of kilter with most on here - and I had posts deleted for that very reason) forums would be boring if we all agreed, so on that basis please keep posting.

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 16 Nov 2023, 15:27

andy wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 21:55
I'm just lost for words reading some of this shite ....
We've just been promoted. We have no divine right to be steamrolling everybody. If it wasn't for the revenue I would happily see our attendances back at 500 to just keep the more realistic, proper fans, who don't expect to see Real Madrid for their £12 each week. We all criticise, analyse, think we're better than the gaffer, me more than most, but let's keep it real FFS.
I don’t post on here much anymore, but still check the forum. I’ve logged back in just to reply to this post. 100% bang on, chap. Fantastic post (I'd insert a clapping hand emoji here, but I don't know how. I'm officially old now).

I’d have taken where we are now when we kicked off in August. The current run isn’t ideal, and is concerning, but we’re still in a healthy position. That’s not to say poor performances (like the shitshow at St Ives) should not be called out – they absolutely should.

However, I do worry some people see survival at this level as success. I think we’re better than that. For me, mid-table mediocrity would be par. A play-off push but ultimately missing out would be a good season. Making the play-offs would be excellent. Winning them would be amazing. I don’t think winning the league is realistic.

I genuinely believe, looking at squad quality, how we started the season, and the very good performances we’ve already seen this year (we’ve played better more often than we’ve played poorly), we’re more than capable of reaching the play-offs.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 16 Nov 2023, 16:06

Agree josh… no point in being in a competition if you don’t want to win it….. surely that must be our aim and to do what is required to achieve that, without being reckless and putting the club into financial woes …. Should never settle for mediocrity… in my opinion….
We got promoted last season, by the skin of our teeth, and everyone was delighted, great for the club … bigger games , local derby’s etc … basically same squad this season and not done too badly, but the addition of one or two quality players would maybe give us that opportunity again this year…… surely that’s what everyone connected with the club wants… ? Or am I missing something ?

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 16 Nov 2023, 17:07

Scribbler wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 16:06
Agree josh… no point in being in a competition if you don’t want to win it….. surely that must be our aim and to do what is required to achieve that, without being reckless and putting the club into financial woes …. Should never settle for mediocrity… in my opinion….
We got promoted last season, by the skin of our teeth, and everyone was delighted, great for the club … bigger games , local derby’s etc … basically same squad this season and not done too badly, but the addition of one or two quality players would maybe give us that opportunity again this year…… surely that’s what everyone connected with the club wants… ? Or am I missing something ?
Basically the same squad? For the regular starters alone, we've added Ryan Wynter (one of the best central defenders at step 4), Miracle Okafor (one of the best strikers at step 4 and proving to be one of the best at step 3 as well) and Reece Mitchell (first choice left back for a team that got promoted from step 3 last year).

They're pretty good additions wouldn't you say?

Why don't you wait and see what happens? No-one should have got carried away with the start we had, and no-one should be panicking now we've hit a rocky patch.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Nov 2023, 17:31

Josh1873 wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 15:27
andy wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 21:55
I'm just lost for words reading some of this shite ....
We've just been promoted. We have no divine right to be steamrolling everybody. If it wasn't for the revenue I would happily see our attendances back at 500 to just keep the more realistic, proper fans, who don't expect to see Real Madrid for their £12 each week. We all criticise, analyse, think we're better than the gaffer, me more than most, but let's keep it real FFS.
I don’t post on here much anymore, but still check the forum. I’ve logged back in just to reply to this post. 100% bang on, chap. Fantastic post (I'd insert a clapping hand emoji here, but I don't know how. I'm officially old now).

I’d have taken where we are now when we kicked off in August. The current run isn’t ideal, and is concerning, but we’re still in a healthy position. That’s not to say poor performances (like the shitshow at St Ives) should not be called out – they absolutely should.

However, I do worry some people see survival at this level as success. I think we’re better than that. For me, mid-table mediocrity would be par. A play-off push but ultimately missing out would be a good season. Making the play-offs would be excellent. Winning them would be amazing. I don’t think winning the league is realistic.

I genuinely believe, looking at squad quality, how we started the season, and the very good performances we’ve already seen this year (we’ve played better more often than we’ve played poorly), we’re more than capable of reaching the play-offs.
And ditto yours chap.
👏👏👏 😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 Nov 2023, 19:57

Get a room! ;D

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 17 Nov 2023, 14:01

Scribbler wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 18:12
The league table and form table are proof of how we’re doing… good teams get better as a season goes on, not worse !! Something is wrong when a player of Jack Holmes’s ability can’t get into the starting eleven , and when he comes on as sub has no impact on the game, and to be honest doesn’t look interested!! A shadow of the player he was , and can be… imo …. He’s not the only one, others are not playing, to their true potential…. WHY ? Don’t tell me , that was a point gained last night… it was two lost, against a bang average side…. The same thing happened earlier in the season, but because we were also winning games, no one questioned it… now we’re loosing it’s a different matter…. What would we do for those points now ?…. New players, of quality, need to be brought in , as yes with injury or illness to key players, we’re bang average and haven’t got good depth in squad… as we’ve seen in recent games !!! Other teams in our league, of less stature in terms of attendance, beer and food sales, good sponsorship etc, can do it… paying decent wage’s for quality players …. Yes this costs money, but as I’ve said before, dwindling attendance, has already started, looses you revenue…
500 last night… top of the table , or second in contention and winning games 1000 -1500 even for average games…. Self funding three or four class players…. In my opinion….. But unless something changes, and soon , the lower reaches of the league and back to crowds of 350 will be upon us……

And we will be hit by a plague of locusts
::) ::)