Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by Yeltzbaby » 15 Nov 2023, 14:46

Calling for managers head - what a joke. But nothing new for some supporters and its not just unique to our club, all clubs have them. Wasn't it even earlier last season when I think we lost 2 out of 10 games and people wanted change because it wasnt good enough.

I blame, social media, sky sports, instant success generation, not having to do without, to many kids are now spoilt, losing track of reality and just being plain daft, not having the ability to recognize fact from fiction, the list goes on. But we are all entitled to our opinion and thats mine.

Smudger must go, I mean stay FGS

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 15 Nov 2023, 15:33

Although I agree that there is no need for change yet, 5 points from the last 7 league games, and in fact 6 defeats in the last 10 games is something to be concerned about

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Nov 2023, 15:41

Yeltzbaby wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 14:46
Calling for managers head - what a joke. But nothing new for some supporters and its not just unique to our club, all clubs have them. Wasn't it even earlier last season when I think we lost 2 out of 10 games and people wanted change because it wasnt good enough.

I blame, social media, sky sports, instant success generation, not having to do without, to many kids are now spoilt, losing track of reality and just being plain daft, not having the ability to recognize fact from fiction, the list goes on. But we are all entitled to our opinion and thats mine.

Smudger must go, I mean stay FGS
Summed up, beautifully.

Jefftoad76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Jefftoad76 » 15 Nov 2023, 16:34

lutleyyeltz wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 09:25
I really do think that you should read through your post again.
Everyone has, and is entitled to an opinion, but yours is so wide of the mark that I suspect that your attention was distracted by the firework display!
Best part of the night haha

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Nov 2023, 17:46

HalesowenHarry wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 09:39
I think there's a lot of head wobbling needed....... we were crap against Bromsgrove and St Ives (really crap against St Ives) and yes I can comment as I was at both!! Hitchin and to a lesser extent Nuneaton, we deserved 3 if not 1 point. I know, it's not what you deserve, it's what you get.

Last night for 60 minutes, no one saw that coming, but Barwell are well versed at this level, and have always been industrious with a little flare on the wings / up front........... they probably deserved the equaliser but then our efforts merited 3........... our biggest issue is what seems like a lack of vocal players on the pitch, so it warrants the manager / coaches sometimes having a yell. They know more than most on here for sure! And we seem to not like winning a second ball, that's been the majority of the matches.

24 points from 16 matches you'd have snapped the hands off from pre-season, but expectations went up with a good start, it's dealing with those for the club AND the supporters that's key. The former seem to be doing that.
Couldn’t agree more HH about second balls. We have the best forward in the league, but our lack of winning second balls means supply is limited. Likewise we have a great defensive pair but again the lack of second balls won puts them under increasing pressure.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 15 Nov 2023, 18:12

The league table and form table are proof of how we’re doing… good teams get better as a season goes on, not worse !! Something is wrong when a player of Jack Holmes’s ability can’t get into the starting eleven , and when he comes on as sub has no impact on the game, and to be honest doesn’t look interested!! A shadow of the player he was , and can be… imo …. He’s not the only one, others are not playing, to their true potential…. WHY ? Don’t tell me , that was a point gained last night… it was two lost, against a bang average side…. The same thing happened earlier in the season, but because we were also winning games, no one questioned it… now we’re loosing it’s a different matter…. What would we do for those points now ?…. New players, of quality, need to be brought in , as yes with injury or illness to key players, we’re bang average and haven’t got good depth in squad… as we’ve seen in recent games !!! Other teams in our league, of less stature in terms of attendance, beer and food sales, good sponsorship etc, can do it… paying decent wage’s for quality players …. Yes this costs money, but as I’ve said before, dwindling attendance, has already started, looses you revenue…
500 last night… top of the table , or second in contention and winning games 1000 -1500 even for average games…. Self funding three or four class players…. In my opinion….. But unless something changes, and soon , the lower reaches of the league and back to crowds of 350 will be upon us……

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 15 Nov 2023, 18:17

When did this turn into Twitter?!

Attendances of 350 and lower reaches of the table?! I have no words, except, respectfully, I disagree.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 15 Nov 2023, 18:31

As said, the league and form stats don’t lie ….. things need to change … and fast…. Oh and yes attendance has dropped by half !!!

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 15 Nov 2023, 18:55

Correct. We're tenth, four points off the play offs, and we had 1300 *on a Saturday* a month ago, and took 500 away *three weeks ago*.

It's little wonder other clubs laugh at us.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Nov 2023, 19:01

One or two on here should very wary if they have a gas oven installed at home.