Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by andy » 14 Nov 2023, 22:14

Real shame that. To a man the lads put a great shift in, worked hard all over the park and looked to be heading towards 3 points. But credit to Barwell they got what they maybe deserved, but to get it so late was gut wrenching for the lads. Heads up and go again Saturday.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 14 Nov 2023, 22:29

Southern League Premier Central – Tuesday, 14th November 2023

Halesowen Town 1 Barwell 1

Halesowen hearts were broken as Barwell bagged a late 94th minute equaliser, writes DJ.

The Yeltz were attempting to end a run of four defeats in five games and seemed to have battled to a narrow 1-0 win after a hard-working and much-improved team display.

Manager Paul Smith was pleased with the performance. “It was much better, we started like a train to go one up and we were dominant in the first half. We held our shape in the second half as Barwell hardly had a chance on goal. The boys are disappointed, we deserved more. But it stops the run of defeats and the performance was back to what we’re used to.”

The Yeltz made a bright, lively start to take an early lead 16th minute lead against mid-table Barwell after Reece Mitchell’s cross was turned away by Ruben Freeman for the first corner of the game. Although the corner was cleared, a delicious cross back into the danger area was turned onto the bar and Ryan WYNTER was on hand to slam home his first goal of the season from close range.

George Cater then curled just over the bar after 21 minutes and Kieren Donnelly blazed over the bar after half an hour. But the Canaries created their own good chances and Thomas Cursons planted an effort past the post when free from a right wing corner. The Yeltz then had a lucky 31st minute escape as goalkeeper Dan Platt dived gladly on the ball on his goal-line following a six-yard box scramble after a cross from Cursons found Brady Hickey and Kieran Morris blocked from Ethan Hill.

McKauley Manning’s 33rd minute corner led to a shout for handball in the area and Manning fired at goalkeeper Harry Evans a minute later. Miracle Okafor went close to doubling Halesowen’s lead in the 39th minute when he beat Evans to the ball out of his area and rounded the keeper only to see his shot from the right cleared off the line by Freeman. Three minutes before the break the Yeltz had another let off as Platt saved another good Barwell chance onto the post.

There were fewer chances on goal in a gritty second half, although Evans pushed away Manning’s 59th minute free-kick from outside the area. Todd Parker continued to work his socks off and Morris continued an immense performance at the heart of the home defence.

But Barwell snatched their last gasp leveller four minutes into injury time when Beck-Ray Enoru knocked the ball down for HICKEY to poke home in front of goal.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt (c); Josh Ezewele, Reece Mitchell, Todd Parker, Ryan Wynter, Kieran Morris, George Cater (Simeon Cobourne 63), Nathan Hayward (Jack Holmes 63), Miracle Okafor, Kieren Donnelly., McKauley Manning. Subs Not Used: Luke Redfern, Jak Hickman, Josh Hawker.

Barwell: Harry Evans; Joshua Flanagan, Micah Edwards, Sidney Kerr, Kyle Rowley, Ruben Freeman, Beck-Ray Enoru, Kobe Chong (Michael-John Kamson Kamara 79), Thomas Cursons, Brady Hickey, Ethan Hill (George Ward 76). Subs Not Used: Harry Griffiths, Jesper Kutshienza, Anthony Manocchio.

Referee: Jason Porter Attendance: 510
Booked: None
Tulleys Print HTFC Man of the Match selected by the Vice Presidents: Ryan Wynter

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 15 Nov 2023, 05:59

2 points dropped or 1 gained played well first half but never took our chances thought morris , eze and hayward played well. 2nd half we put the tent up and camped far to deep and offered very little as an attacking force. Fair result in the end

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 15 Nov 2023, 08:34

A much better performance after some poor ones in recent weeks, I didn’t go to the St. Ives game but heard enough about it and watched the highlights and there was definitely a reaction from the players last night.

Gutting to concede a last minute equaliser but it was coming sadly although thought we’d hold out as defended doggedly up until then. Wynter was given MOTM - presumably for his goal more so but was still impressive but for me Morris was outstanding. Interesting to note we went off the boil when Hayward came off, we seemed to lack leadership in the middle of the park then.

Overall, it’s a point gained, maybe with the two points dropped it felt like a defeat but certainly can’t fault the effort at all last night.

Jefftoad76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Jefftoad76 » 15 Nov 2023, 08:46

I thought we was rubbish again last night,confidence in the players looks shot,thought hayward and morris were great morris was man of the match for me
Cater was a waste of the shirt even his own players were getting fed up of him.platt should of claimed that ball into box that lead to their goal
Played far too deep all game and offered no attacking threat with miracle isolated once again and no support quick enough behind him in midfield it looked like we were the away team standing off again like previous matches giving them time on the ball to dictate the play ane yet again when we had the ball they were on us
Whats peoples thoughts on smiths yelling at the players?was stood by the managers box and had to move after 15mins found it so annoying those long extended phrases that he repeats twice surely the players must hate it ,soumds like a brummie parrot

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Nov 2023, 09:25

I really do think that you should read through your post again.
Everyone has, and is entitled to an opinion, but yours is so wide of the mark that I suspect that your attention was distracted by the firework display!

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 15 Nov 2023, 09:36

The reality is we are a decent side going through a bad spell. The effort was there in spades last night, but the quality wasn't. We know it's there though and it will come back. One win and everything might change.

That said, I do think we're a bit 'samey' and lightweight at times, and are too reliant on Miracle for goals. They are problems that can be solved and there's no reason to think they won't be.

I am amazed that anyone could be questioning the manager at this stage of the season, given the start we've had.

And 510? That is feeble. Is the majority of our fanbase really so fickle?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 15 Nov 2023, 09:39

I think there's a lot of head wobbling needed....... we were crap against Bromsgrove and St Ives (really crap against St Ives) and yes I can comment as I was at both!! Hitchin and to a lesser extent Nuneaton, we deserved 3 if not 1 point. I know, it's not what you deserve, it's what you get.

Last night for 60 minutes, no one saw that coming, but Barwell are well versed at this level, and have always been industrious with a little flare on the wings / up front........... they probably deserved the equaliser but then our efforts merited 3........... our biggest issue is what seems like a lack of vocal players on the pitch, so it warrants the manager / coaches sometimes having a yell. They know more than most on here for sure! And we seem to not like winning a second ball, that's been the majority of the matches.

24 points from 16 matches you'd have snapped the hands off from pre-season, but expectations went up with a good start, it's dealing with those for the club AND the supporters that's key. The former seem to be doing that.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 15 Nov 2023, 09:59

Jefftoad76 wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 08:46
I thought we was rubbish again last night,confidence in the players looks shot,thought hayward and morris were great morris was man of the match for me
Cater was a waste of the shirt even his own players were getting fed up of him.platt should of claimed that ball into box that lead to their goal
Played far too deep all game and offered no attacking threat with miracle isolated once again and no support quick enough behind him in midfield it looked like we were the away team standing off again like previous matches giving them time on the ball to dictate the play ane yet again when we had the ball they were on us
Whats peoples thoughts on smiths yelling at the players?was stood by the managers box and had to move after 15mins found it so annoying those long extended phrases that he repeats twice surely the players must hate it ,soumds like a brummie parrot
I wouldn't say rubbish, there was definitely a drop off with the subs though. Lost shape and never really got it back.

In regards to Cater, does anyone know what's going on there? I'm right in thinking he didn't join in the goal celebrations and then threw his shirt when he got subbed off?

Attendances sliding was always going to happen with a patch like this because yep, a lot of fans are fickle and others call for he managers head at the blink of an eye. Notice how we no longer applaud the opposition if they beat us fair and square. Easy being a fan when we are on a roll.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 15 Nov 2023, 13:03

So having listened to Paul's interview, I'm not sure I agree that the performance was back to where we were earlier in the season, especially 2nd half. Interesting to hear that Hayward played despite suffering from flu, which would explain the substitution, and that Hawker was sent home with sickness