Nuneaton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nuneaton Updates

Post by fairweatherfan » 08 Nov 2023, 06:44

Dazzie76 wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 06:03
Greg's man of match by a country mile if he gets a clear sight of goal he shoots something others need to learn from. Set piece delivery poor as ever tonight. Nuneaton a lot quicker than us going forward a couple of passes they were in. Attendances already starting to drop after a couple of defeats was always going to happen. Another learning curve for us we move on to the next.
Still no goals from corners. The absolute absence of a threat from set pieces is hurting us now.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Nov 2023, 09:55

In fairness, Wynter and Morris are a good aerial threat but delivery from set pieces has been woeful - epitomised by that ridiculous trio of corners that failed to beat the first man. We never look like scoring from corners.

On that note, I wasn't a fan of the change of system at all last night and it played into their hands. Nuneaton reminded me of Stratford - very solid and experienced - but we picked the lock with the latter by getting the ball down and playing through them. Whereas last night we tried to be more direct. Gregs had a good game but the midfield was empty and we had some of our best players looking ineffective in different roles.

We know that rotation was necessary with such a busy month but we all feel the same that the November wobble is an annual ritual now, and we just need to regain our balance and confidence again. The squad is bang on in terms of size and ability, so no need to go pressing any panic buttons.

Lastly - drummyb - as one of the most erudite posters on this forum (of which there are many), I don't know how you've failed to notice Hickman's crossing. ??? I'll say no more to stop me from undermining my previous paragraph.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 08 Nov 2023, 12:26

No. Neither do I tbh. Clearly Ive had my gaze elsewhere.

LegalMagpie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by LegalMagpie » 08 Nov 2023, 12:51

No disgrace to lose to a good team. We have made a good start to the season after getting promotion and consolidation is needed.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 08 Nov 2023, 13:27

Not sure we should read too much into the last 2 lower attendances. Saturday was bad weather, and last night was a short notice rearrangement, and some would have had other plans.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Nov 2023, 14:17

Simons wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 13:27
Not sure we should read too much into the last 2 lower attendances. Saturday was bad weather, and last night was a short notice rearrangement, and some would have had other plans.
With so many fans joining the bandwagon over the recent seasons, a lot of those will fall by the wayside when there is a downturn. They've only ever seen us be successful and that can't go on forever.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Nov 2023, 14:28

https://youtu.be/e2Yuw75gs5I?si=jqhDMf2my8WYSEXL
PS says it as it is.
At the start of the season a group of us agreed that to avoid relegation would be good.
As the season progressed we thought mid table would be great.
After a great run, undefeated, we hopefully thought that the playoffs might be a possibility.
Our expectations were fairly modest and right now accept that our second choice will satisfy us.
That's not a negative expectation - it's a realistic one.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 08 Nov 2023, 15:00

Another game slips away with no points gained….. it is a better league than last year, with better teams, but not that much better… the games we’ve won we deserved to win, games we’ve drawn and lost , most of them we should have gained more points from….. people seem to think it’s ok to loose because we’re in a higher league… it’s not… and last night’s game was another one that got away from us, we’re creating a hatful of good chances every game.. they need to be put away.. three great chances last night, four in the previous game… can’t expect to win games with such a low chance to goal ratio… teams that are beating us aren’t creating half the amount of chances, but they are scoring theirs …. As for Hickman.. don’t know what he actually brings to the team, can’t defend as a full back, can’t beat a player or put in a telling cross,maybe one in ten, as a wing back… especially when you’ve got ezwelle on the bench … and also jack , Donnelly and Cator on the bench as well , last night… everyone else can see it , why can’t the manager…. Need to start with your best team every game…. Yes Nuneaton we’re good ,but on chances and poor delivery from set pieces and open play we should have made more from the game…… don’t settle for ok…. We’re better than that….

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 08 Nov 2023, 15:47

At the moment this a blip. Amongst other things, it can be explained by a few players losing form at the same time, individual mistakes, and other teams getting wise to us.

This is where the manager earns his money and finds ways of sorting it out. He tried a new system last night and I would argue it wasn't the reason we lost. Three at the back allowed Gregory to start and he was our best player. The formation didn't make Hawker or Parker make individual mistakes either.

This league is a lot better and there's much less margin for error. A lot of our recent mistakes would probably have gone unpunished at step four, so we need to stop making them!

We're doing OK. Well, better than that actually. This is a reality check, nothing more.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 08 Nov 2023, 17:01

Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 15:47
At the moment this a blip. Amongst other things, it can be explained by a few players losing form at the same time, individual mistakes, and other teams getting wise to us.

This is where the manager earns his money and finds ways of sorting it out. He tried a new system last night and I would argue it wasn't the reason we lost. Three at the back allowed Gregory to start and he was our best player. The formation didn't make Hawker or Parker make individual mistakes either.

This league is a lot better and there's much less margin for error. A lot of our recent mistakes would probably have gone unpunished at step four, so we need to stop making them!

We're doing OK. Well, better than that actually. This is a reality check, nothing more.
Thats a fair assesment. I had hoped for consolidation at the start of the season and to build next, the fantastic start upped expectations. But too many more defeats in a poor run saps confidence. So only the team and gaffer can fix it.