PeterJones
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hitchin Updates

Post by PeterJones » 04 Nov 2023, 20:51

drummyb wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 18:45
ArgusAda wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 17:13
Sack the manager !!! So came the cry from the Blackpool contingent after the first home league defeat of the season 🤣 An altercation almost ensued but I deferred to his superior knowledge as he has been there since 1975 and I’ve turned up in the ‘last five minutes’. Hopefully the Bromley game will be on in the Edward for him 😁
If youre on about who I think, he's very much avoided being the life and soul of the party. Woodn't you say?
Personally, I know exactly who you are on about DrummyB and he is my mates brother, I do not at all agree with you, he’s put money into the club just as much as you have and therefore is entitled to say whatever he wishes. I suggest if nobody likes to hear things then buy a set of ear plugs is my only suggestion ;)
You can't beat watching the Yeltz from the Harry Rudge Stand..

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Nov 2023, 21:33

Guess it just shows how far we've come when we lose to second in the league through a couple of freak goals and miss the number of chances we did.
Another tough game Tuesday and hopefully the team put in the effort like today.
I think expectations have been too high after our start and as long as the team stay united we will win more than we lose and can stay in the play off hunt. This is what we would have hoped for as the most from this season I'm sure.
Roll on Tuesday.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Nov 2023, 21:38

Just listened to the Gaffer's post match interview and agree 100% with everything he said.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Nov 2023, 21:54

PeterJones wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 20:51
drummyb wrote:
ArgusAda wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 17:13
Sack the manager !!! So came the cry from the Blackpool contingent after the first home league defeat of the season 🤣 An altercation almost ensued but I deferred to his superior knowledge as he has been there since 1975 and I’ve turned up in the ‘last five minutes’. Hopefully the Bromley game will be on in the Edward for him 😁
If youre on about who I think, he's very much avoided being the life and soul of the party. Woodn't you say?
Personally, I know exactly who you are on about DrummyB and he is my mates brother, I do not at all agree with you, he’s put money into the club just as much as you have and therefore is entitled to say whatever he wishes. I suggest if nobody likes to hear things then buy a set of ear plugs is my only suggestion ;)
Just to clarify, he, IF its one and the same has done nothing to offend me. I wasnt even there. Im just guessing from Facebook posts I stumble across. But yeah. He travels home and away. He can say whatever he wants, but likewise folks have a right to disagree also, as Im sure you appreciate.

PeterJones
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PeterJones » 04 Nov 2023, 22:43

drummyb wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 21:54
PeterJones wrote:
drummyb wrote:

Just to clarify, he, IF its one and the same has done nothing to offend me. I wasnt even there. Im just guessing from Facebook posts I stumble across. But yeah. He travels home and away. He can say whatever he wants, but likewise folks have a right to disagree also, as Im sure you appreciate.

Absolutely! It’s all everybody’s opinion and some should just keep quiet and let them get on with it.

Let’s hope for better on Tuesday :-)
You can't beat watching the Yeltz from the Harry Rudge Stand..

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Nov 2023, 22:55

PeterJones wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 22:43
drummyb wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 21:54
PeterJones wrote:

Absolutely! It’s all everybody’s opinion and some should just keep quiet and let them get on with it.

Let’s hope for better on Tuesday :-)
Couldnt have put it better fella 🙂

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 05 Nov 2023, 09:49

All these coded messages about (I guess) a disagreement amongst fans, is making me giggle somewhat :D

Played well today, listened to smudgers analysis as usual spot on. Most would have given their right arm for the start we have had, all entitled to their own opinion of course, just a watch out for some I hear around the ground - careful what you wish for IMO

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 05 Nov 2023, 09:58

remember those penalties when you ran up and belted it, and if the keeper was lucky to survive and save it fair play?! Gregs smashed one over the bar I remember (smashed is good) but don't recall him missing many / having them saved! I bet the Hitchin keeper had watched those pens on the footage and done his homework........ #hindsightisawonderfulthing

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Nov 2023, 10:28

Sack the manager? Don't make me laugh. Platty needs competition? Nearly crying now. We're going well in a division we've just been promoted into and we've hit a dodgy spell. Get real FFS. We may need to alter our system with Platt playing a sweeper role possibly, although I quite like it if it doesn't go wrong. Aside from that I've only seen 1 keeper here in 40 years that could displace him. Unbelievable.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 05 Nov 2023, 12:03

The sack the manager stuff is just stupid. First shouts I heard were after the Enfield loss in September. It was silly last year and even more so now.

Platty though, he is Mr Yeltz and definitely not saying I think he should be dropped but the system needs at least mixing up a bit because he's been caught out more than a few times (not every time conceding a goal) and there was even a warning shot before their first yesterday if I remember rightly. As said earlier in the thread it looks like teams may have fully cottoned onto that.