Hitchin Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hitchin Updates

Post by old git » 05 Nov 2023, 12:09

Maybe my rose tinted specs but I actually though we played well, and on another day could have won that comfortably. 3 sloppy goals given away and at least 3 one on ones first half then a missed penalty sealed our fate, but how many times will we get so much wrong in one match?

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 05 Nov 2023, 12:26

Overall I think we did play well though I admit I was getting a bit frustrated with the slow build-up play towards the end of the match (but if that penalty had gone in I'd change my tune)

Only real bugbears were the sweeper keeper system and some parts of the Shed being a tad vile towards one of the Hitchin fans

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Nov 2023, 13:50

One of those days! We'll possibly play worse than that this season and win games.

Daft mistakes have obviously cost us, some of the criticism of Platty is a little uncalled for, he knows himself he was at fault. There have been numerous times in his time at Halesowen he's dug his team mates out when there's been a mistake that looked likely to cost us a goal. Had the penalty have been scored and some of the 1v1s taken we would have won the game and his team mates will have dug Platty out yesterday. It's all 'if's and but's' of course, but he's our captain, he's our leader and I'm sure he was hurting last night too. Let's get behind him please - the life of a goalkeeper is a roller coaster he knows that for sure but there aren't many keepers around that are better than him.

As for the criticism of the manager, I just don't get it, I don't always agree with his selection or decisions that he makes but it's easy picking a team in hindsight but i'm sure he has his reasons for doing what he does with the information available to him that we aren't aware of.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Nov 2023, 14:16

TractionJackson wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 12:26
some parts of the Shed being a tad vile towards one of the Hitchin fans
Yeah I thought that too. Unfortunately the increase in crowds results in an increase of arseholes.
They've made the long journey up in vile weather, supported their team with no nastiness, and get abused and mocked because there are only a few of them. People with longer memories will remember US taking 11 to Crawley, 15 to Gretna and 20 odd to Dover, I could go on. It wasn't always this good you know.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Nov 2023, 15:40

And not only in the long past. I found myself in Biggleswade for forgotten reasons only a few years ago at the nub end of Lee Hughes’s short reign and there couldn’t have been more than a couple of dozen of us.
As depressing an afternoon as I can recall.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 05 Nov 2023, 15:53

And the drubbing at Spennymoor. Long drive of course, but very few of us.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Nov 2023, 15:58

Ah, I’d forgotten that one. I think me and Poll have only just dried out.

ArgusAda
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ArgusAda » 05 Nov 2023, 17:35

Dover. On a Monday. Legendary 😁

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Nov 2023, 18:55

I remember a 5-0 thumping at Whitby on a Tuesday night, getting home at stupid o'clock because of numerous road closures. Probably no more than 15 of us daft sods. I think we only had two subs too if memory serves me right, one of them being John Hill's son.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Nov 2023, 22:03

ArgusAda wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 17:35
Dover. On a Monday. Legendary 😁
And a Thursday. And 24 hours or so after arriving back home started the drive down to Bashley in the New Forest! Football eh...
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0