Enfield Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
nathanr999
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Enfield Town Updates

Post by nathanr999 » 01 Oct 2023, 09:35

Cracking game, first half Jack was on fire 🔥. Definitely thought we were still in it at half time. Cater was great and really causing issues and truly thought a goal was coming. Personally thought is was a poor decision after the fact to sub him off. Jack seemed to struggle to get the ball moving in second half but personally supportive in the role he was playing and general positioning. Last few games Greggs coming on has not been useful, way off pace and maybe a step up to far this stage in his career and for me maybe time to let him go as player that has provided so many vital goals to get us where we are but time doesn't stand still. We still are playing football the right way but we still maybe don't have the brutal hard man to rough ups an opponent. We have a skilful side playing cultured football sublime even at times but sometimes you need a bar steward that gets a few nasty ones in, gets a yellow nearly every game but just asks questions of the side opposite of how much do they want it. But still buzzing about what halesowen is about and best football since mid 90s.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Oct 2023, 11:38

nathanr999 wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 09:35
We have a skilful side playing cultured football sublime even at times but sometimes you need a bar steward that gets a few nasty ones in, gets a yellow nearly every game but just asks questions of the side opposite of how much do they want it.
Somewhere in deepest darkest Tipton, Danny Bragoli has just wordlessly risen from his sofa, put on his coat, run full pelt towards his front door and, with a flying leap and a two-footed karate kick, taken it flying off his hinges.

"My people need me" he says, as he slowly rises and walks towards a waiting car, within which is a silouhette that looks like DCI Frank Burnside of The Bill.

The car to the front door opens, revealing the Perma-tanned Pulis himself, with his sons John jr, Jon jr, Ron jr, and Phil in the back seat. "I knew you'd be ready", says the Ronseal Redknapp and, with that, the car pulls away into the night.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Oct 2023, 11:38

(I also agree with the rest of the post)

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 01 Oct 2023, 11:59

Just listened to PS post match interview.
Seems it was pre planned due to his lack of game time for Cater to only play an hour at max.
Just a pity at that time we were really getting on top.
Think Haywood's presence in the middle would have helped us more though as a replacement.

Noticed though since the draw we had 2 matches and Enfield only one. This must have given them a big advantage in getting to know how we play against us only seeing them in 1 game, a 3-0 defeat.

In previous 2 seasons we have started like this year then had a big downturn in results. Hopefully a good weeks training before another cup game and then another week off before home v a team struggling a little in the league will get us back on track

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Oct 2023, 12:11

piearce9 wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 11:38
nathanr999 wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2023, 09:35
We have a skilful side playing cultured football sublime even at times but sometimes you need a bar steward that gets a few nasty ones in, gets a yellow nearly every game but just asks questions of the side opposite of how much do they want it.
Somewhere in deepest darkest Tipton, Danny Bragoli has just wordlessly risen from his sofa, put on his coat, run full pelt towards his front door and, with a flying leap and a two-footed karate kick, taken it flying off his hinges.

"My people need me" he says, as he slowly rises and walks towards a waiting car, within which is a silouhette that looks like DCI Frank Burnside of The Bill.

The car to the front door opens, revealing the Perma-tanned Pulis himself, with his sons John jr, Jon jr, Ron jr, and Phil in the back seat. "I knew you'd be ready", says the Ronseal Redknapp and, with that, the car pulls away into the night.
Excellent evidence of the availability of psychedelics in the greater Halesowen area.

IMHO Hayward’s the bloke for this one. Perhaps more “buzzer” than “cruncher” but if we could start feeding him raw faggots or maybe if he gets bitten by a radioactive Aaron Forde?
Don’t we have Leroy Hemans in cryogenic storage somewhere?
Or, the nuclear option, remove the glass cover, simultaneously turn the keys, and press the Marshy button.
*shudders*

I have become death, destroyer of ankles.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 01 Oct 2023, 13:29

I didn't really have much of an issue with the subs as such but the timing was terrible. Absolutely killed our momentum when we were all over them.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Oct 2023, 16:34

I still think it was just one of those games. We've pretty much dominated and been undone by a terrific goalkeeper. If a couple of those had gone in we'd all be heralding a famous victory. :-\
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 02 Oct 2023, 15:32

FA Cup 4th Round Qualifying
Carshalton Athletic or Cray Valley Paper Mills v Enfield Town

not that it matters as we'd have been in the northern section, but bloody hell........

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 02 Oct 2023, 15:54

Carshalton are the team that beat them the week before.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 03 Oct 2023, 20:28

Just seen highlights and had forgotten how many chances we actually created.
Their first goal the number 6 just muscles Redfern out the way. Some refs may have given a foul. Thought Winter or another of our 'stronger' guys may have marked him.