Enfield Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Enfield Town Updates

Post by piearce9 » 30 Sep 2023, 21:07

Hopefully this is a “safe space” where I can air my thoughts and so I need to tell you that I am gutted by that result today. Given our form, and the quality of the squad, I really thought we might make the first round this year. And, typically, them lot up the road are still going. :(

However I will say that performance would win 90% of games and it was mainly down to their goalkeeping heroics that we didn’t. We created plenty, the effort was there, we threw the kitchen sink at them. So I left the ground deflated but with the feeling we were unfortunate.

With a few hours of reflection, I do wonder if we missed too many key players out the starting lineup and I don’t know why Ezewele, Hayward and Morris didn’t feature. There might be a good reason but if it was purely for squad rotation that would be an error in hindsight.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Sep 2023, 21:17

fairweatherfan wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:06
Good to see over on Twitter some of the usual suspects are keeping things in perspective and calling for Paul Smith to go. I genuinely despair.
That'll learn ya. Idiots on the internet. You wouldnt see it on here.... :-\

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 30 Sep 2023, 21:24

Played well enough, their physicality caused us issues but their keeper was unreal.

Hopefully the fine isn’t too big as a result of the moron who lobbed a half full can of pop at the second goal scorer.

Great atmosphere first half in the shed, edgy but all shaking hands post match en route out.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Sep 2023, 21:35

VanessaYeltz wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:24
Played well enough, their physicality caused us issues but their keeper was unreal.

Hopefully the fine isn’t too big as a result of the moron who lobbed a half full can of pop at the second goal scorer.

Great atmosphere first half in the shed, edgy but all shaking hands post match en route out.
Thats good to hear. It only takes one idiot and at the end of the day they have supported their team as we do. I think we weren't cheated or outclassed and neither were they. A proper non league game in fact, and a proper cup game. Lot of respect for everyone today

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 30 Sep 2023, 22:16

For context: Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Rhys Forster (Enfield goalkeeper).
As for the PA system, the work on the new LED floodlights has meant the speakers on the pylons at both corners of the open terrace town side of the ground aren't currently working properly. Hopefully this will be rectified shortly. Also when we originally set up the system there were four pylons on that side of the ground on the old Thorn-EMI structures, removing two sets of pylons & attached speakers has meant balancing issues and a bit of dead space around the dugouts for years.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Sep 2023, 22:32

DJ wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 22:16
For context: Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Rhys Forster (Enfield goalkeeper).
As for the PA system, the work on the new LED floodlights has meant the speakers on the pylons at both corners of the open terrace town side of the ground aren't currently working properly. Hopefully this will be rectified shortly. Also when we originally set up the system there were four pylons on that side of the ground on the old Thorn-EMI structures, removing two sets of pylons & attached speakers has meant balancing issues and a bit of dead space around the dugouts for years.
Speak English man. Jibber speakers jabber ;D

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 30 Sep 2023, 22:55

I thought Halesowen were unlucky not to get a draw in the end. There was plenty of endeavour and creativity shown in both the first and second half and if not for the cross bar and their goalkeeper, who knows we could have got the draw.
One or two subtle changes, next Saturday, in the Trophy game I think and we could get the start of a run going..
UTY

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 30 Sep 2023, 23:02

drummyb wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 19:30
George Cater got MOTM today. Well deserved, I thought he was superb
Agreed. From what little I paid attention to, he looked great. Well, apart from the perm.
But, as most weeks. Jack Holmes. O. M. G.
Worth the admission fee just to watch him. The most exciting player I’ve seen down The Grove for years.

His grandparents were on FB this week looking for pre-match parking, and I believe that the extended Yeltz family sorted them out.
If they still need help, I’m happy to adopt Jack and carry him to the match every week.

What do you mean, creepy? Not even in the slightest.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Sep 2023, 23:26

[shadow][/shadow]
piearce9 wrote:
30 Sep 2023, 21:07
Hopefully this is a “safe space” where I can air my thoughts and so I need to tell you that I am gutted by that result today. Given our form, and the quality of the squad, I really thought we might make the first round this year. And, typically, them lot up the road are still going. :(

However I will say that performance would win 90% of games and it was mainly down to their goalkeeping heroics that we didn’t. We created plenty, the effort was there, we threw the kitchen sink at them. So I left the ground deflated but with the feeling we were unfortunate.

With a few hours of reflection, I do wonder if we missed too many key players out the starting lineup and I don’t know why Ezewele, Hayward and Morris didn’t feature. There might be a good reason but if it was purely for squad rotation that would be an error in hindsight.
You'd kill for a perm...
Mind you so would I

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Oct 2023, 06:41

You’ve Westyed the fuck out of that.