Stratford Town updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stratford Town updates

Post by andy » 23 Sep 2023, 18:24

markb wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 18:17
A major factor this season is that there is a very settled team ….. little or no tinkering and every player knows exactly what is required of them …… Paul Smith needs more praise than he is getting
That's a good point especially about the gaffer. There's something 'different' about him and our football since his return that I can't quite put my finger on. But I'm loving it.😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Sep 2023, 18:28

It is great though that Paul seems to know he can rely on ANY of that squad to come on and do the job required. In the past that has not been the case.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Sep 2023, 19:27

As I said before. Its very much like his first season in charge. Who knows what issues he had after that? His dad being ill, the Molyneux thing etc etc.

Sometimes we just see whats on the field, but all credit to him for coming back stronger.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 23 Sep 2023, 20:12

Rich wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 17:35
Never really got into our stride today but credit to Stratford who worked hard.
they did a good job of stopping Jack and Mini but credit to the boys they kept at it and 2 great finishes from Miracle.
can only think of 1 save Platty had to make.
Thought the ref today was dreadful. No booking for guy who 'assaulted' (gaffers words) Hickman set the tone for the day.
MOM for me by a mile today was Parker. Thought he was immense.
Have to agree Rich, for me whilst the 'flair' players are great to watch, his tenacity, distribution and work rate is outstanding, don't think I have seen a less than 9 out of 10 display this season.

Hope he is on a contract as would be amazed if a higher club does not try to snap him up, not sure either how we would replace. Younger than Jack Holmes as well I believe.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 23 Sep 2023, 20:22

andy wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 17:31
I think this side are up there with the side of '96.
I rarely agree with you :P :P but YES!

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 23 Sep 2023, 22:48

Nah just not good enough for me, we need to START being much better LOL

The point about the manager is valid. Paul Smith is an excellent manager who 99% of other sides would love to have.

Blimey I have to say that nearly everything I have posted on here since I joined has been absolutely spot on!! Blowing ones own trumpet, hell yes its a Saturday night and I deserve it :D :D

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Sep 2023, 22:54

Yeltzbaby wrote:
23 Sep 2023, 22:48
Nah just not good enough for me, we need to START being much better LOL

The point about the manager is valid. Paul Smith is an excellent manager who 99% of other sides would love to have.

Blimey I have to say that nearly everything I have posted on here since I joined has been absolutely spot on!! Blowing ones own trumpet, hell yes its a Saturday night and I deserve it :D :D
You must be very agile ;)

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 24 Sep 2023, 06:46

Great result today, against a hard,physical well organised side …. Other posts have said we never got started, weren’t at our best … give Stratford credit for that…. And also credit to us for nullifying them, as they have been in good form and banging in goals against good sides…. Can’t remember them having more than one shot all game…. Against the better sides, you won’t get many chances , we probably only had five all game, but we scored two out of that five, which is fantastic, especially for miracle who got two chances ans scored two great goals…… and to keep a clean sheet was the icing on the cake…. Well done to all on a great performance, against a very good team…. On the downside, ran out of steak pie at half time 🙈😂😂😂 looking forward to next game 👍

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 24 Sep 2023, 08:38

View on the match from our visitors.

https://www.stratfordtownfc.co.uk/Match ... ?id=658028

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 24 Sep 2023, 09:52

I can see why Stratford are doing OK. In a more “aerial” game they must dominate. Daly looks to have grown another foot in height since he was with us - him and McCone won almost every header. But clearly our ability is much greater than balls over the top and as soon as we got it down and ran at them, it was game over.

I echo all the comments about where this team stands compared to previous iterations, and how good exactly some of these players are. I am determined to keep a lid on it though and carry on with the 50/1 mindset, just hoping this can continue for as long as possible.